HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Dont know if this is off topic or not but i was wondering when HBG will get restocked with 1914 chips.

Would love to get atleast one extra bag as OOB doesnt come with enough.

HBG should raise the price on the chips maybe to keep them in stock a bit longer lol.

I did add myself to the waiting list on HBG.

Thanks

• Customizer

Mine are very obviously different, in fact I thought they were Italian units at first.

@Jabo:

@Flashman:

Coach, have you found any colour variations in the A&A 1914 pieces?

I have a couple of Russian fighters in a very light brown, someone else posted about different colours in the Russian and German pieces.

I noticed that my Russian transports where just a shade off from the rest of the units.  Its something you don’t notice right away but you can see a slight difference in my Russian units.  Nothing that distracts from the game though.

• Customizer

Doug “Coach”,

coachofmanyor=coachofmany link=topic=27911.msg1108138#msg1108138 date=1364587436]
    @Imperious:

I hate them without some gun. Just standing? Usually they had automatic rifles or something.
    Otherwise they look like the mummy. Post the picture and i will get the mummy and we do a side by side.

OK IL, I’m going to smack you.
    I will look into putting a pistol in his hand.

––The detail on this new Japanese Paratrooper is AMAZING! I would have to agree with IL that it’s quite odd that he doesn’t have a single weapon, though.  :-o
    ----I’m VERY HAPPY to see that HBG has decided to go back to producing Paratroopers again. Keep up the good work!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Is there any chance you might produce different coloured chips in the new (1942/1914) shape, I’d really like some in a few lighter colours?

Its a pain that there are now two types that don’t stack well together.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

No, we have no desire to make chips.
    We have 10 colors that match perfectly with Europe/Pacific 40 first and secon edition chips.
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Chips_c_121.html

• For those of you from Europe: HBG EU is selling the Invasion of Italy map for only 25€ (only 5 in stock).

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

For those of you that play the minis games too, I’m doing a line of Battle Maps. The Naval ones just went up for sale on the HBG site. They are compatible with War At Sea. If you want the large size, we are giving forum members a $10 off code. Type in “navmap” for the coupon code at checkout. This is good through 5/31. Couple teasers:

Naval Battle Map 36-5X61 site.jpg
    Naval Battle Map 47X96 site.jpg

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I hate them without some gun. Just standing? Usually they had automatic rifles or something.

Otherwise they look like a mummy. I will show you some pictures and compare with the Mummy.  Without a gun that figure will always be called Boris karloff.

IL, Japanese paras did not carry weapons or even a parachutes. That is a pack of plastic explosives he’s carrying. During WWII the Japanese devoloped a program called “Big tSunami” deployed in early 1948 (in the Phillipines) which involved unarmed Kamikaze paras which would dive frrom a plane holding a trigger switch and pushing it as they were just about to hit the target.

Off topic: I suggest this unit have (for balance) M10 C1 A6 D6D6@5 *can jump on top of any aircraft and/or strat bomb.
    You can read up on Big tSunami Troops @ www.bsimadeupforAAAorgforumposts.org

@coach/variable,
    Can’t wait for the Japanese sets! Love your guy’s stuff! Keep up the good work!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Japanese Paratrooper with Type 100 Submachine Gun.

534043_512671558769070_1388706753_n.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Awesome!

ETA on seeing some other Japanese previews???  Or do we just need to be patient?

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

Japanese Paratrooper with Type 100 Submachine Gun.

Very Nice!

@LHoffman:

Awesome!

ETA on seeing some other Japanese previews???   Or do we just need to be patient?

Have you seen all the ones on FaceBook?  :wink:

• Is the Kate going to have a torpedo under it?

@Variable:

@LHoffman:

Awesome!

ETA on seeing some other Japanese previews???   Or do we just need to be patient?

Have you seen all the ones on FaceBook?  :wink:

Oooooh, no I have not. Let me check.

Checked…

Very nice. Couple questions though:

Are you (Variable) personally designing these pieces? I assume that is Solid Works… Are you creating from scratch or are you using some kind of template?

Second, is there any way to have the pieces turn out are crisp and solid as they look in the preview photos? I am not sure if you are using a higher grade plastic for the prototypes or if the molding process is just more precise, but it seems like the previews are… more solid and cleaner. Perhaps they are molded/printed with a different method than the production run?

As someone who paints the pieces, I would love to have a color option the same as in the prototype pictures (white/cream or flat gray), which I assume is simply the plastic’s natural color. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter, since they will be painted, but for some reason I really like the color/feel in the pictures below.    (I bought 2 German sets in gray, which I still like, but they don’t seem quite as uniform in composition and structure as in the pics below.)

2353167.jpg
    Seydlitz.jpg

LHoffman-

Let me explain a few things about our process and the pics you have there…

First, I am not the designer, drafter, or sculptor. Coach pays to have the pieces professionally made.

The “Solid Works” looking pics you see here and on FB are scratch made by a professional that HBG contracts. Every detail is verified by Coach before he gives the okay. As of yet though, no final pieces have been made from this process although all of the “Amerika” game prototypes we have shown you were printed from these files using a 3D printer. Final pieces will be injection molded as before.

The pics you show of the grey Seydlitz carrier and off-white Germans are the last of the hand-sculpted prototypes. We used to contract with a sculptor to hand make each piece before a mold was created and then injection molded. HBG has shrugged off this old-style method for a more uniform and clean CAD modeling system. The Japanese sets will be the first ones produced with this new system.

Finally, the reason for variation to a certain degree in your Germans vs the ones seen here is the injected plastic is much different than the clay or prototyping plastic. This will be better controlled when the 3D models are used for the injection machine’s mold.

I hope this helps!

@Pacific:

Is the Kate going to have a torpedo under it?

Probably not, but we will try. More important to have it sit flat on a carrier without falling off.

• Customizer

@Variable:

@Pacific:

Is the Kate going to have a torpedo under it?

Probably not, but we will try. More important to have it sit flat on a carrier without falling off.

Variable,

If you suggested to the piece designer that the torpedo have a flat bottom and possible landing gear you might be able to have it sit flat on the carrier.

@Variable:

LHoffman-

Let me explain a few things about our process and the pics you have there…

First, I am not the designer, drafter, or sculptor. Coach pays to have the pieces professionally made.

The “Solid Works” looking pics you see here and on FB are scratch made by a professional that HBG contracts. Every detail is verified by Coach before he gives the okay. As of yet though, no final pieces have been made from this process although all of the “Amerika” game prototypes we have shown you were printed from these files using a 3D printer. Final pieces will be injection molded as before.

The pics you show of the grey Seydlitz carrier and off-white Germans are the last of the hand-sculpted prototypes. We used to contract with a sculptor to hand make each piece before a mold was created and then injection molded. HBG has shrugged off this old-style method for a more uniform and clean CAD modeling system. The Japanese sets will be the first ones produced with this new system.

Finally, the reason for variation to a certain degree in your Germans vs the ones seen here is the injected plastic is much different than the clay or prototyping plastic. This will be better controlled when the 3D models are used for the injection machine’s mold.

I hope this helps!

That is an excellent response! Thank you Variable.

I am just very curious about the process and it is nice to know a little of what has gone on behind the scenes. I understand the situation much better now.

• I hope with the Japanese set and HBG’s new production methods, that there will be more consistency with the shape and size of infantry pieces.

HBG has produced some excellent infantry pieces (the Early War German and the US Airborne, as examples), but some other pieces have been less excellent  (the very skinny German Fallschirmjäger and the hefty US Marine), or even unusable from my perspective (the gigantic Early War Russian).

However, I really appreciate the consistency HBG has applied to the poses (paratroopers/special forces, for example), and applaud its continuance with the SNLF unit.

I’d like to chime in with the suggestion that HBG add two more infantry poses:

1. Kneeling with caps or slouch hats (no helmet) for Irregular/Guerilla units - like the Fortress America partisan unit.
    2. Brandishing pistols for Commander or Police units - like FMG’s Italian commander unit.

Glad you offer your products - look forward to future purchases!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m