Naval miniature fever!!!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Wholly crap!!!  I’ve got it bad.  I played my first mini game last Sunday and got hooked instantly.  I’ve purchased all boosters in the North Bay area and can’t stop checking eBay.  I hate myself for not paying attention to these little miniature gems earlier when they came out. A fad that wouldn’t last long was my original thought when they were released and that the board games were the only game to play…damn!

Just when my wife thought my AA board game collection was complete, haha. Hopefully she will understand.  82 ships and counting!!!

• your lucky me i’ve yet to find anyone who is interested in playing any A&A game around me, heck the game stores stopped selling all minis and most games (found one A&A game) except for TRU which keeps a couple games in stock in their store.

Yea, there are 3 good stores in my area, 2 of them at least carry the mini’s but like I said earlier, I bought them out and hopefully they restock.  I have called stores in other areas and most do not carry the mini’s.

I’m sure you’ve probably done this but your info in the “Find Players” forum and see if anyone responds.  I have been playing with my same friend now for 24 years and now his 9 year old plays a pretty mean game; always crushing us with his Italian pieces.

Ebay has every and all AA products.  I’d much rather support my local guys but I’ll be damned if your gonna see me dress up like wizard or a warlock and play those nutty games.

• '18 Customizer

Assuming you mean North Bay Ontario there is a big group in Barrie that plays the land game if you are interested.

Actually, I meant North San Francisco Bay Area, Where people would rather waste there day riding a bike or jogging or surfing or doing something stupid like that.  Unfortunatly, there are just a handful of us here, including this websites founder.

• yeah it seems like all the players are around the Bay Area. me i’m over in Stockton (the armpit of hell) and no players around here.

There has got to be some players in the valley, maybe some will surface soon.

Nice game table Asterios!  Looks like you have a conference room in your basement, I like your game shelf too.  I wish I had some games to trade you for the mini’s my man but, like you, I also am a collector of the games and only have 1 a piece.

The naval minis are new to me and I am realizing just how much fun they are and how collectable they have become…I really enjoy them.  To the shagrin of my wife, I am always looking to get more.

• Actually not a basement, but my back room, which was added on to the house and converted into my office, but yes have a conferance table which is plenty of room to play, even have the office chairs for seating, just need to find the players, and as to my minis also up for selling if you want to make an offer?

Ok cool, let me take a look and see what I need.

I have most of those mini’s so I am good for now.  I noticed your copy of Fortress America on your game shelf, best non-AA game ever!!!  Have you purchased the re-release?  I got it a few weeks ago and then this damn mini fetish took over my life.  I was so excited and waited for FA to come out since last December, now I really have no desire to play it.  I haven’t had a chance to play it yet, but it looks like a lot of fun.

• No, haven’t picked up the new Fortress America, and not sure I will be since it seems like there is no real change, as it goes for now i’ll be working on getting me a copy of Axis and Allies: Pacific and Axis and Allies: Guadalcanal and maybe the anniversary edition, non A&A games I might get though are the Risk Legacy edition, AOE III boardgame (iffy) and then maybe the new Fortress America.

Anyone know if the revised naval starter set has the same ships as the starter set released before it?  I believe the 2007 starter is random ships and I have the latest revised edition.  It looks like there was a starter set released between 2007 and 2010 sets.

• think there is a differance in the number of ships (one has more then the other) but not sure, that and one has island pieces while the other doesn’t.

Yea, they both say “Improved Rules” but the boxes look different.  I was able to get an open 2007 starter and 14 ships as with it, not sure if they came with the set because I believe the 2007 starter was randomized.

Asterios, I was telling my buddy that we may have to take a trip to Stockton soon and see that conference room of yours.  Santa Rosa to Stockton is what 3 hours?

• @hkytown1:

Asterios, I was telling my buddy that we may have to take a trip to Stockton soon and see that conference room of yours.  Santa Rosa to Stockton is what 3 hours?

depends on how you drive, me I did a round trip from N. Stockton to LAX in 11 hours and stopped for lunch.

• Founder TripleA Admin

There’s a few of us who play A&A, minis, and other games. The best way to get in with them is to show up at a few public events.

This is for regular A&A Minis: http://www.facebook.com/events/250015031783330/

Game Kastle in San Jose is a trek but might be worth it to find players.

@hkytown1:

Actually, I meant North San Francisco Bay Area, Where people would rather waste there day riding a bike or jogging or surfing or doing something stupid like that.  Unfortunatly, there are just a handful of us here, including this websites founder.

Oh cool Dave thanks.  I’m going to go to that.

• Hello Everybody,
    New to join but a long time lurker. Been playing the Original A&A and Shogun since the early 90’s with my older brother.

I too have just started buying Naval Miniatures. I started getting them just for the astetics and my infatuation with WW2, especially the Naval History. However I am starting to get into the idea of playing games if I could ever find a place to play. So far I’ve bought a coulpe Booster sets and then Had to buy the Enterprise.

Does anyone this they will roll out another set or do you believe they are moving on from the Naval Sets?

• @KrisBeKreame:

Hello Everybody,
    New to join but a long time lurker. Been playing the Original A&A and Shogun since the early 90’s with my older brother.

I too have just started buying Naval Miniatures. I started getting them just for the astetics and my infatuation with WW2, especially the Naval History. However I am starting to get into the idea of playing games if I could ever find a place to play. So far I’ve bought a coulpe Booster sets and then Had to buy the Enterprise.

Does anyone this they will roll out another set or do you believe they are moving on from the Naval Sets?

Using the forumini find a player is probably your best bet online finding someone to play against but other then then doing a demonstration at your local store is a good way to draw the interest of people.

I say there is a 90percent chance there won’t be a set 7 the good news is there is 6 sets of mini’s 4 of which are readily available which is good and the forumini team poseidon project is going to produce cards for the majority of the remaining units they just did a 72 card set and another 50-72 set is in the works for spring next year.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m