• '10

@Rhey:

pffft I give up :p I never even won a game as allies on these forums… Even if you slow down the axis, they still manage to outproduce you and when India falls, Russia can’t handle to fight both germany and Japan…

at around what round are you guys usually able to turn the initiative in the game to the allies?

Playing on these forums will make you a better player INCREDIBLY FASTER than playing just with your regulars in live games.
    Open some maps, study a little some games in this forum where the allies won, that will help you much more than a few advices and tips that some players could give you here.

:wink:

• TripleA

Depends on who you play not so much if you play by forum triplea or live games. How you play the game does not equate to who you play.

Yes Rhey axis can quickly get an income advantage especially if middle east does not hold up or if london falls on G3 or if japan gets solves the china / siberian inf issue while taking india and grabbing dutch isles… the axis income advantage can be felt.

Russia can get +19 from africa. tricky to keep russia alive while stopping japan from winning.

I prefer to go full pacific with usa, minus R1 purchase. Carriers are much more powerful now compared to all previous editions, in fact attacking carrier 2x fighter which costs 36 ipc requires more than 36 ipc to kill 2 dd 2 bomber or w/e avenue you choose.

So sinking a fleet costs more money typically. Carrier cheese, Russia’s NO cheese, convoy sz 97 cheese, and fly fighters into russia. Cheese your way to victory, it is the only way!

I honestly do not like playing the allies, because they are forced into playing “the income game” unless you are doing KJF then you are rushing to shut down japan / take islands. with japan being a non factor you can turn around and do big drops to save london/egypt. That is the more aggressive play, since you don’t need russia to win… it works really well if japan waits till round 3 to declare war… he becomes so far behind in the pacific and usa smothers him out then you can use india to wall off egypt and germany/italy stand alone. Hell usually you can fly 8 fighters to russia in time from japan sea zone to a china spot to russia.

The better axis players have a strong pacific game plan though so it is really tough for allies.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m sorry but I love playing as the allies, it’s all defense, cock block moves, cheap shots, and crazy possibilities.

DELAY, DELAY, DELAY, - WIN! :D :D :D :D

• @Gargantua:

I’m sorry but I love playing as the allies, it’s all defense, cock block moves, cheap shots, and crazy possibilities.

DELAY, DELAY, DELAY, - WIN! :D :D :D :D

haha yeah that’s what I’m going through… but here it is delay, delay, delay, - lose… how do you go from delaying to turning it all around into a win? :D

By maintaining economic control.

1. Neuter Italy.  Without a north african/middleeast campaign OR sea lion, the axis will never outproduce europe economically.

2. Stack Australia, Hawaii, with ground units and planes.  play PREVENT against the Japanese victory,  and when you can, pick apart their navies, or islands.  If you’ve delayed the capture of India post J4, you are doing great.  with China, keep your stack out of range of japanese planes, until UK is in the war.  By going north, then coming back down south.  (Unless you get specific oppurtunities to take back yunnan)

3.  FAT build Russia Early,  men, men, men, men, some more men,  a piece of artillery,  and if you get SBR’d later, add in tanks as needed.  Make sure you put together a mobile middle east force, that can activate Persia the INSTANT you are at war, by coming through Kazakstan.  meeting infantry that drop down to NW Persia,  conquering IRAQ the next turn, and supporting England.

4.  Give the axis room to expand, where into less valueable, undefendable areas,  but keep them contained.  Focus on detroying transports. and ground units.  Find ways to negate the ability of the axis to use their airforce,  by either hiding, or travelling in numbers that can’t be attacked.  If that means giving up certain oppurtunities - do just that.

5. Starve them out.  Without economic control, the axis will peter out.  You will simply be putting more units on the board, they WILL lose.

Last… Build a trump card. Have bombers available in LONDON/CAIRO - in range of Moscow,  6 or 7 maybe, aside from causing all kinds of problems, they are an instant hit soak trump defence. You can use them to either destroy a small axis stack, or stop a final axis capital grab.  Same goes in the pacific, from honolulu to queensland.

As the allies, Don’t worry about how you’re going to “win”.  Just make sure you don’t lose.  It’s exactly like tic-tac-toe, except the axis loses when there are no more moves left.

Also, read questioneer’s comments earlier, he had some really good notes.

Specifically his comment about watching Japanese Transports in the Pacific.  There’s no reason to let your ANZAC/HONOLULU Stacks get stupid, they just have to be enough to hold off Japanese Transport capacity + Airforce.

• damned got screwed again… even I stacked Russia, I can’t hold off the germans and it seems like the western allies can’t intervene quick enough to relieve pressure of them…

Yeah I read through the whole thread but there are so many different scenarios… you gotta invest a lot in the pacific to keep the japanese out of range of russia and letting the brits deal alone with germany and italy in the meds is simply brutal :D

it would be easier if the US gets another 20IPC’s extra to spend xD

• @Rhey:

damned got screwed again… even I stacked Russia, I can’t hold off the germans and it seems like the western allies can’t intervene quick enough to relieve pressure of them…

Yeah I read through the whole thread but there are so many different scenarios… you gotta invest a lot in the pacific to keep the japanese out of range of russia and letting the brits deal alone with germany and italy in the meds is simply brutal :D

it would be easier if the US gets another 20IPC’s extra to spend xD

No, as Allies you have to be very shrewd with your buys and mov’ts

• @Cow:

So sinking a fleet costs more money typically. Carrier cheese, Russia’s NO cheese, convoy sz 97 cheese, and fly fighters into russia. Cheese your way to victory, it is the only way!

LOL that’s pretty actually- The only way you win as Allies is to milk it- don’t be ashamed to go collect your gov’t cheese.

• TripleA

Lots of allies players go KJF and leave russia to the wolves. when russia dies then usa makes an atlantic fleet to hole egypt up… it is a viable strategy.

• In one of my games, my opponent went J2 with a G3 Barbarossa later.  I’m Allies.  My Europe side looks solid.  Moscow is besieged but stacked with 65inf, 17tank and a few arts and planes.  Egypt is rock solid- 25 land units- inf, tanks etc. with a 3-4loaded ACs.  Germany has had to split its airforce and spend helping Italy not get invaded.  I can build and ship fighters right from Cairo.

Problem is, Japan is winning the standoff in the Pacific b/c I got a little lazy on the buys there- now Japan is threatening the 6VC win- ANZAC is stacked decently but Hawaii is in danger.  It pretty close, but odds say he’s got about a 60%

Win or lose I’m still happy b/c:

I didn’t do Taranto (I did Tobruk) which would have made my Italy threat much better.
    I know how to stack and secure Cairo.  This basically stops or stalls the Euro win.  Build a Minor IC rd 1 or 2 and stack with tanks and later planes to ship to Moscow later.
    18inf, 2AA seems much better going towards Moscow- nothing like a stack of infantry relief in rounds 6-7.
    Evacuate India when doom is near.  Save that stack of units for Egypt/Moscow or even Africa protection.  Make sure ANZAC is stacked though along with Hawaii (learned that this game.)- otherwise lights out.

I do say I enjoy playing Allies b/c they are difficult.  Germany is simply crush crush.  Italy turtles after Taranto.  Japan is complicated but if played right can be a monster that needs to be tamed by the US.

Garg is right.  The Allies can cock block and become very tactical.  Scratching, clawing and fighting for every key tt that will DELAY, DELAY, DELAY.

Cow is also right- NOTHING sharpens your Allied play like a very good Japan player.  With proper play on both sides, if the Axis win its b/c of a good Japan player IMHO.  Germany and Italy’s strategy seems straight forward for the most part- granted there are some good tactical stuff on the Euro side but compared to Japan its basic.

• If I’m right, if Japan declares war on Uk then the U.S. is allowed to go to war before the end of A3, so would you want to try to anger Japan to go to war and bring U.S. in as soon as possible.

The sooner you are at war in Global the better.

But don’t go declaring UK1 on Japan, because it’ll be US 4, before the Americans can do anything.

• @Gargantua:

The sooner you are at war in Global the better.

But don’t go declaring UK1 on Japan, because it’ll be US 4, before the Americans can do anything.

Shut Up and Play Napolenic!  :-D

Honestly… the WWI game is better.

And LOL, that would make a great FFA.

• @Gargantua:

Honestly… the WWI game is better.

And LOL, that would make a great FFA.

Still we’re waiting you to continue :(

WW1 game is cool I agree! I personally love the 270BC.

OH *&*t it’s my turns isn’t it.

Give me a min…

• The thing about playing the Allies is each one has a role to play and when they all play that part and play it well the Axis have no chance. Russia is the meat grinder. There goal is to kill Germans and lots of them. UK is the surgeon it slices and dices making tactical move after tactical move taking advantage of every opportunity give to her. USA is the sledge hammer applying over-welming force to every action.

I once played a game that Germany built 4 tanks and placed them in East Germany. Knowing they were going to Russia as the UK I decided Russia needed help dealing with those tanks. So i took Denmark. Germany counter attacked (and won) with those tanks. Next round I took Holland, again Germany counter-attacked with those tanks (and won). When Germany finally got those tanks to the Finland/Leningrad area… I took Norway after wiping out Germany’s baltic fleet. So Germany counter-attacked again with those tanks. So by the end of it all I made it so it took Germany 7-9 turns to get those tanks into Russia to do what the were purchased for in the first place to kill Russians. The whole goal was give Russia and America time and I did just that.

• @Yavid:

The thing about playing the Allies is each one has a role to play and when they all play that part and play it well the Axis have no chance. Russia is the meat grinder. There goal is to kill Germans and lots of them. UK is the surgeon it slices and dices making tactical move after tactical move taking advantage of every opportunity give to her. USA is the sledge hammer applying over-welming force to every action.

I once played a game that Germany built 4 tanks and placed them in East Germany. Knowing they were going to Russia as the UK I decided Russia needed help dealing with those tanks. So i took Denmark. Germany counter attacked (and won) with those tanks. Next round I took Holland, again Germany counter-attacked with those tanks (and won). When Germany finally got those tanks to the Finland/Leningrad area… I took Norway after wiping out Germany’s baltic fleet. So Germany counter-attacked again with those tanks. So by the end of it all I made it so it took Germany 7-9 turns to get those tanks into Russia to do what the were purchased for in the first place to kill Russians. The whole goal was give Russia and America time and I did just that.

How was the fight against Italy and Japan goin at this time?

• America had landed in North Africa but Italy still had a presence in Africa. The fight against Japan was going well mostly because of a flawed strategy of ignoring China and trying to kill ANZAC first.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m