FMGC 2013 - Planning, Roster, Suggestions, Invites

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Thanks David. Anywhere I can find more info, or should I just check back here?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Well, since they’re both in April I think you should come to FMGC 2013 instead! (sorry Greg)

Unless you live next door to Cincinnati, then you should go to both!

@djensen:

Well, since they’re both in April I think you should come to FMGC 2013 instead! (sorry Greg)

Unless you live next door to Cincinnati, then you should go to both!

I would love to come to FMGC, but I will say that compared to Vancouver, Cincinnati is practically next door to Toledo.

• Yea it might be close than Toronto too, would be nice to see ya there. Where esle can you go and meet the personalities who are Gargantua, Axisplayer, young Grasshopper, Most Holy and his crew, Vance says he’ll be there , Mr Malichicrunch, and many more.
    I’m thinking I might try to pull off the one in Indianapolis too

@suprise:

Yea it might be close than Toronto too, would be nice to see ya there. Where esle can you go and meet the personalities who are Gargantua, Axisplayer, young Grasshopper, Most Holy and his crew, Vance says he’ll be there , Mr Malichicrunch, and many more.
    I’m thinking I might try to pull off the one in Indianapolis too

My impression was that FMGC was in British Columbia… is it in Toronto or is that a different venue?

• Customizer

Oshawa Ontario. Just outside Toronto. Awesome venue. Awesome people.

• I’m looking forward to hearing more about this as it approaches.  I am probably going to join you guys this year.

• Plan on it and make it so, I think it will be on Hitler’s Birthday again, get your passport in order and there are hotels in Oshawa.
    Keep on checking for the latest info

• I live in the Toronto area… so there will be no flying or Border crossings for me.

• '12

I’m all in again this year.  It was great last year and I came not knowing anyone personally but merely through a few games online and a few discussion thread posts.  Can’t wait for this year.  Most Holy, we should do a convoy from Niagara this year!  I’m 15 miles from Buffalo, while I can’t cross the border into the US I would be willing to drive anyone who flies into Buffalo and can taxi across the border into Fort Erie.  Pret near on my way……

Most Holy, keep me informed on the RV plan, sounds like a hoot!  I’d sleep in my Jimmy if I could run a power cord to you for a heater!  Thanks again for the ride to the hotel and for boosting my battery twice!  Just to let ya know, I did get a new battery!

• Customizer

No problem on the boosts bro. I looked into the Rv price for a weekend and its way out of range. Looks like motel again though a closer one would be better.

• '12

What about a trailer?  I could tug it up there for ya……  In fact a  buddy in Fort Erie said I could borrow his any time, its more of a hunting trailer but he does bring his girlfriend on occasion so how bad could it be.  Mind you, I might change the sheets…  But if you had access to a better bedroom on wheels, again, I’d tug it up… Depending on timing etc we could car pool if the situation calls for it.

• Customizer

Sounds like a good idea. Anything to reduce back and forth travel and increase drinking time!

• Sponsor

I know a lot of dirt cheap motels if you’re interested in bringing your own sheets and pillows (don’t bring a black light).

• Customizer

We’re a pretty scummy lot. More interested in something closer than where we were. On Mapquest the Best Western looked like walking distance.

• Sponsor

@Most:

We’re a pretty scummy lot. More interested in something closer than where we were. On Mapquest the Best Western looked like walking distance.

YA, but what about stumbling distance? you would have to rent a cot in the museum.

• @Most:

Hah, I told you it was nowhere near walking distance.  ;)

Unfortunately that’s the closest hotel/motel accommodations to the hall.  If the event gets any bigger and has to move out of the RCAF Hall then it may very well end up at somewhere like the Best Western conference room instead (in which case you could stumble to your room easily enough).

• Customizer

Or drag the bed and cooler right down to the conference room.

• Sponsor

@Rorschach:

@Most:

Hah, I told you it was nowhere near walking distance.  ;)

Unfortunately that’s the closest hotel/motel accommodations to the hall.  If the event gets any bigger and has to move out of the RCAF Hall then it may very well end up at somewhere like the Best Western conference room instead (in which case you could stumble to your room easily enough).

The RCAF Hall for the Best Western conference room? HELL NO WE WON’T GO! I would rather the attendance be capped, and weekend passes sold at $100 each.

• Customizer

I agree. The hall is a much better room than we could have even imagined. Perfect backdrop to a wargaming weekend.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m