"Tall Paul's" A&A INFRASTRUCTURE units detailed and painted by "WARMACHINE Team"

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tall:

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

Impressive – the chimneys even have bricks painted on them!
    **Yep,….red bricks and all. My favorite part of these paint jobs, haha!**Â

The factories with flags painted on them are a nice echo of the ones we see in Frank Capra’s “Why We Fight” WWII movies.
    Man, I’ve seen those old clips a million times. Thanks a lot for sharing them again! BTW,….to me, the major factories(OOB) look jsut like the ones in those clips.

Tall Paul

Those are cool looking. Did you just get these?

• Customizer

@John:

@Tall:

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

**Yep,….red bricks and all. My favorite part of these paint jobs, haha!**�

The factories with flags painted on them are a nice echo of the ones we see in Frank Capra’s “Why We Fight” WWII movies.
    Man, I’ve seen those old clips a million times. Thanks a lot for sharing them again! BTW,….to me, the major factories(OOB) look jsut like the ones in those clips.

Tall Paul

**I just now received the pics, units will be here before long. LOTS of stuff happenning. I honestly can’t wait to get some more of the Shapeways units into the que. They are going to look SO COOL once they’re painted. They’re awesomely detailed even without paint. Soon.

Tall Paul**

@Tall:

@John:

@Tall:

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

**Yep,….red bricks and all. My favorite part of these paint jobs, haha!**�Â

Tall Paul

**I just now received the pics, units will be here before long. LOTS of stuff happenning. I honestly can’t wait to get some more of the Shapeways units into the que. They are going to look SO COOL once they’re painted. They’re awesomely detailed even without paint. Soon.

Tall Paul**

I see. I bet your excited! I can’t wait to see them, myself. :-D

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are the HBG Minor Factories for UK_Europe and UK_Pacific. Since there aren’t any “Union Jack” decals available, the flags had to be hand-painted for the UK_Pacific units.

Tall Paul

Factory, Minor U.K._Europe.jpg
    Factory, Minor U.K._Pacific.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are the HBG Minor Factories for Anzac and Unlettered. Again, the Anzac flags are hand-painted. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Factory, Minor Anzac.jpg
    Factory, Minor Unlettered.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And finally, a “group shot” of all of the painted HBG Minor Factories. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Factory, Minor All.jpg

@Tall:

Guys,

––Here are the HBG Minor Factories for UK_Europe and UK_Pacific. Since there aren’t any “Union Jack” decals available, the flags had to be hand-painted for the UK_Pacific units.

Tall Paul

Doesn’t I 94 produce decals for that or not, or are they just out?

• Customizer

@John:

@Tall:

Guys,

Tall Paul

––Sadly, no. It would save me a lot of time & money if I could find some.

@Tall:

@John:

@Tall:

Guys,

Tall Paul

––Sadly, no. It would save me a lot of time & money if I could find some.

Well I found a custom sticker company online, called Sticker Giant, out of Colorado, but they are closed. I will let you know what I find out, Monday. :-)

• Customizer

John,

––Well, I’m looking for DECALS. “Stickers” are usually thicker and have “gum” on their undersides. Not exactly what I’m looking for, but I’ll keep an ‘open’ mind. But I’ll thank you in advance for any info on “stickers” you find.

Tall Paul

@Tall:

John,

––Well, I’m looking for DECALS. “Stickers” are usually thicker and have “gum” on their undersides. Not exactly what I’m looking for, but I’ll keep an ‘open’ mind. But I’ll thank you in advance for any info on “stickers” you find.

Tall Paul

Yeah, I know. I haven’t found a decal store, but others may look at stickers as the next best thing. I would prefer decals myself, but if they are not available then this will be the next best thing for someone who can’t paint a nations symbol on their infantry bases or the flags on their battleships and carriers.

The sticker place I found says, axis and allies is to small for them to produce stickers, so I’m back to square one on the Union Jacks.

• Customizer

Guys,

––To be complete, here’s a pic of the HBG-Minor Facories after the aplication of decal setting solution and a matte finish overspray to hide the decal finish and general shine. Enjoy.

Tall Paul

Factory, Minor_All-01.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s an “in-process” pic of an Anti-Aircraft Gun (Standard) that will eventually number eighty (80). They have a rather somber paint scheme of overall Gunmetal with Silver & Black highlights.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----I am tremendously happy with everything A&A being produced and will undoubtably buy multiples of each and every one.
    ––That being said, for my own gaming purposes I’m testing an experiment of “Standardising” a FEW unit types,…so that I have ONE common sculpt rather than SEVEN unique sculpts, one for each nation.
    ----Thus Anti-Aircraft Guns (Standard) and Artillery, Towed (Standard) units will utilize the SAME sculpts for ALL nations. The 105 Standard Artillery units are heavily modified/detailed by Wil Tan and IMHO are awesome!
    ––Since there are literally DOZENS of unit types, …all having unique sculpts for each nation for most if not all of them it seemed only logical that if I “standardised” a FEW unit types on a single sculpt, that there would obviously be fewer units to be identitified. Thus speeding up the game somewhat. I started out with this idea to assist my 89-year old WW2 veteran Dad in our gaming sessions,…but it just made sense to use these “standardised” units. Of course I’m only suggesting “standardising” basic units that have a commonality between all nations for use in my own games and not to promote their use by anyone else.

What do Ya’ll Think?

Tall Paul

AntiAircraftGun(OOB).jpg

• Looks nice.  Black and silver are a combination I’ve always liked – it looks classy.

• Customizer

CWO Marc,

@CWO:

Looks nice.  Black and silver are a combination I’ve always liked – it looks classy.

––Thanks for the comment.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s are some “In-Process” pics of the Air Bases (3-Dimensional). In time these units will have White decal stripes down the center of the runway, a White apron at the end, and possibly runway numbers. The control towers will have windows also. Notice the Gray concrete runways, Silver hangers, and Brown air control tower.
    ––These units are from Shapeways.
    Enjoy!

(Naval Bases are also “In-Process”)

Tall Paul

Air Base_x01.jpg
    Air Base_x02.jpg

• wow this looks so cool.  What’s the scale size?  any chance you can take a picture with a fighter on the base too see the size comparison? would these bases be too big on a A&A Europe or pacific game board?

• Customizer

jwo1984 and others,

@jwo1984:

wow this looks so cool.  
    ––I like them, too. I’ve been wanting them to be made for more than 5 years
    What’s the scale size?  
    ––All I can say is that they are “THE RIGHT SIZE”
    any chance you can take a picture with a fighter on the base too see the size comparison?
    ––Here’s a “file” pic from off the SHAPEWAYS site

––NOTE that these painted aircraft are NOT our work,…just a “FILE” pic showing size comparison.

Tall Paul

Air Base, Assorted-x03.jpg

• Customizer

jwo1984 and others,

@jwo1984:

would these bases be too big on a A&A Europe or pacific game board?
    ––In order to answer that I would say YES,…and no.
    Yes, because the long runways will work fine in larger countries AS THEY ARE,…
    and No because I am trimming the runway length on about half of them so that they will look acceptable for use in small countries or islands.

––Here are some “file” pics of the Air Bases as they come originally.

Tall Paul

Air Base, Assorted-x01.jpg
    Air Base, Assorted-x02.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m