FMGC 2012 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• '10

Preregistration now open!

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/fmgc2012/

• Sponsor

When does the Venue close on Saturday, and when does it re-open on Sunday?

• If it’s anything like last year, we were there until about Midnight on the Saturday and re-opened at (i think) 9 am on the Sunday (if memory serves me correctly)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How comfortable is the seating?

• '10

@Gargantua:

I will post pictures of the venue.  It is a WW2 Club House for the RCAF 420 Wing.

I will also post Motel/Hotel details.

• '12

I see in the small middle framed picture/ad there will be a midnight snack on Saturday night, so perhaps an all nighter?  I adore the directions on the first small frame!

401 to Stevenson Rd (Go North)
    At the JET keep left
    At the TANK turn right.  On your right.

Although being in the GTA is almost a stretch.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I see in the small middle framed picture/ad there will be a midnight snack on Saturday night, so perhaps an all nighter?  I adore the directions on the first small frame!

401 to Stevenson Rd (Go North)
    At the JET keep left
    At the TANK turn right.  On your right.

Although being in the GTA is almost a stretch.

Funny enough those are the actual directions!  Who could ask for a better location than that??  (and yes … it’s SORT OF in the GTA.  Some people include Oshawa in the GTA, others end the GTA at Ajax)

@Gargantua:

Stackable (mostly) padded seats like you would find in most halls.  You definately want to get up and move around once in a while but certainly not as bad as a folding chair would be.

What are the amenities?  Refrigerator?  Microwave?

Are there private rooms available for seperate team discussions?

How is the parking?

How is the lighting?

Is the floor Lynolium/Hardwood/Concrete, or Carpet?

Do you have any pictures of the venue?

You may think none of these matter, but I have my reasons for asking :)  And I appreciate any input from your “experience” last year.

• @Gargantua:

What are the amenities?  Refrigerator?  Microwave?

Are there private rooms available for seperate team discussions?

How is the parking?

How is the lighting?

Is the floor Lynolium/Hardwood/Concrete, or Carpet?

Do you have any pictures of the venue?

You may think none of these matter, but I have my reasons for asking :)  And I appreciate any input from your “experience” last year.

Refridgerator, yes.  Microwave - I think so.

Parking - TONS.  Easily enough for 100+ cars (and the venue only holds 200 people?)

Lighting - Good/Bright over most of the area.  There is a raised section that has slightly dimmer lighting (with directional lighting aimed at a bunch of dart boards).

Flooring - Hardwood over most of the area we use, carpeted on the raised/dimmer lighting area, linoleum (i think) at the entry/kitchen area.

I don’t know if anyone had the presence of mind to actually take pictures last year … we were all so busy playing.  lol.

Are we allowed to have booze on site? (Nothings going to get out of control - but a rum and coke goes a long way to victory!)

How many people came last year?

If you FAIL to bring food, is there anywhere nearby enough to get some?

Thanks for all your help…. :)

• @Gargantua:

Are we allowed to have booze on site? (Nothings going to get out of control - but a rum and coke goes a long way to victory!)

How many people came last year?

If you FAIL to bring food, is there anywhere nearby enough to get some?

Thanks for all your help…. :)

Outside alcohol is not allowed afaik (They do have a pay bar that is open for a few hours each day).

Numbers last year … I can’t remember, about 35 ish?  Expected to likely be doubled this year though (Last years event was on the weekend at the end of March Break.  Bad timing), especially with the miniatures guys coming.

There will be the late night pizza, there will be chips and pop/water available.  There’s also a few places just down the road (Pizza Pizza, Subway, convenience store and a small restaurant).  And if you’re driving there are LOTS of places (both fast food, restaurant and grocery stores) between the highway and the event site.

If I show up in Uniform… Will you? :D

• '10

There is a Cash bar that is open on Saturday(run by the venue).  I am willing to “look the other way” if people are carrying around bottles of COKE.  Wink  Wink

• @FieldMarshalGames:

There is a Cash bar that is open on Saturday(run by the venue).   I am willing to “look the other way” if people are carrying around bottles of COKE.  Wink  Wink

And are of age …. and not causing a problem … of course.

Weeeee~!

:P I look forward to some “water”.  Haha

Thanks for answering all these questions… probably will have some more coming at you soon.

• '10

@Gargantua:

Weeeee~!

:P I look forward to some “water”.  Haha

Thanks for answering all these questions… probably will have some more coming at you soon.

After the Holidays, in the lead up to the Event I will post alot more information.

After the Holidays

How about…. right now? :D  :evil: :D

Any news? :D :D :D :D

• News is good!

• Sponsor

Jeremy, not sure who does the graphics for your posters, but they are freakin awesome. Any chance you have one from last year for me? I would like to frame them for my game room.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m