AA Gun discusion - poll is open- D+1

• @Young:

I think Jen is getting drunk.

Getting?

Is that poll up there poll 4?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

Why?  The analysis is accurate.  Removing the AA Gun only increases Germany’s odds from 91% to 96%.  So I see absolutely no need to remove it!  I think there should be a 1 in 11 chance Germany fails to take France.

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Why?  The analysis is accurate.  Removing the AA Gun only increases Germany’s odds from 91% to 96%.  So I see absolutely no need to remove it!  I think there should be a 1 in 11 chance Germany fails to take France.

I ment the part about you trying to be funny.

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

I ment the part about you trying to be funny.

I should really stop doing that…

• Sponsor

@Zallomallo:

@Young:

Getting?

Is that poll up there poll 4?

No, poll #4 has its own thread for voting on rule suggestion listed in the Delta+1 sticky thread. The poll here in this thread is for voting on versions of the AA Gun rule and setup, once there are enough versions suggested, the poll will be edited and opened, but not until it is announced here.

• AA GUNS (verison 5)

Keep aa guns as is, like in every other edition of the game and not limit their shots.

Got to have every option right?  Even those that /I/ voted for.  I voted for aa guns so we could discuss them, not so they would be A3.

• I think we skipped #4 so I will put that here…

Alpha +3 AA guns Version 4

Alpha +3 rules for AA guns, and NO CHANGES to alpha +3 setup of AA guns.

• Sponsor

This poll is now open.

• Sponsor

I really don’t understand where the urge to make the allies stronger is coming from.

• Do you think the axis had the advantage in A2?  I think A2 was super close, I think that the only changes that needed to be made would help in online game play and take some of the ambiguities away.(like streamlining DOW)

• Sponsor

@JimmyHat:

Do you think the axis had the advantage in A2?  I think A2 was super close, I think that the only changes that needed to be made would help in online game play and take some of the ambiguities away.(like streamlining DOW)

I think the allies had a slight advantage in A+2, but that gap is getting wider with D+1.

@Young:

I really don’t understand where the urge to make the allies stronger is coming from.

The urge is because of all the shell-shocked players who have lost Calcutta and London in 3 rounds in Alpha 3 on a routine basis.  Give them time.  I don’t mind weakening the allies some, just rather not do it in France, London or Calcutta if at all possible.

Suggestion for weakening the allies:  -2 AA Guns in E. USA; -2 AA Guns in W. USA; -1 Destroyer from SZ 98

• Wow, this thread has almost no discussion.  How disappointing.

• Yeah, 8 votes on 5 options and every option got at least 1 vote.  Sad thing is only 6 people voted…on 5 options.

I guess when you have 50 options and 51 people vote, there’s a chance the ‘majority’ is 2.

• @mantlefan:

I voted for A3 without the one in France.

Removing that AA gun only encourages Germany to send planes to France. If Germany is encouraged to send planes, to France, they will be discouraged from overextending their AF against the Brit navy. The less they overextend, the less risky and volatile the first turn is. Having more planes in france also makes that battle less volatile for Germany.

Overall, Germany is encouraged to have a safer 1st turn without the Paris AA gun. A safer first turn means less games are ruined off the bat.

So this could be positive for both sides, not bad.

Would you place an AA in normandy instead?

• Sponsor

This discussion is over, there was a poll and it’s been up for a long time without action. Therefore, majority speaks and they say version 4 by a nose. Done.

@Young:

This discussion is over, there was a poll and it’s been up for a long time without action. Therefore, majority speaks and they say version 4 by a nose. Done.

Good, I’ll add it to the manuscript.

• Customizer

I voted for Option #4.  I see no need to remove the AA gun from France, nor to add or remove an AA gun from London.  I sure don’t want to go back to the older AA gun rules (one per territory, unlimited shots).

• Customizer

By the way Jen, I almost never bring planes in my attack of France.  The only exceptions were a couple of times that I didn’t go all out after the Royal Navy and I basically had “extra” planes with nothing to do.  Even then I think it was just a Stuka.

@knp7765:

By the way Jen, I almost never bring planes in my attack of France.  The only exceptions were a couple of times that I didn’t go all out after the Royal Navy and I basically had “extra” planes with nothing to do.  Even then I think it was just a Stuka.

Yes.  I don’t think I have brought a plane to France yet.  Perhaps if someone was going to do a Round 1 attack of Russia they would have to bring planes to France so they could move ground units up faster - but then, I think I’d rather show him the error of his ways by crushing his armies into dust, spitting on the dust and running it through the gears of my tanks for lube, don’t you?  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m