Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

• @Sgt.:

Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

You guys will be…… translating this to layman’s terms when the time comes, hopefully?

• @gamerman01:

@Sgt.:

Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

You guys will be…… translating this to layman’s terms when the time comes, hopefully?

Currently my module doesn’t do auto convoy… meaning that just by placing navy into a convoy zone won’t do damage on the chart… I set it this way because I thought damage was limited and that auto convoy can over damage but after getting an official answer… the auto convoy should be fine and no need to use the damage markers icon. However some people might like this method to do damage… and I’m considering adding a 2nd twin module… so we’ll have auto convoy or manual convoy to choose from… all players would have to agree on which type to use. Do you like this idea or just have one module and force everyone to use  auto convoy?

• I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

• @gamerman01:

I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

Oh I just haven’t sent you the bill yet hehe

• @gamerman01:

Oh there will be a charge…a heavy price to be paid for sure  :evil:  I can’t think of what it would possibly be though  :-P

• @gamerman01:

I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

@TMTM:

@gamerman01:

@Sgt.:

Currently my module doesn’t do auto convoy… meaning that just by placing navy into a convoy zone won’t do damage on the chart… I set it this way because I thought damage was limited and that auto convoy can over damage but after getting an official answer… the auto convoy should be fine and no need to use the damage markers icon. However some people might like this method to do damage… and I’m considering adding a 2nd twin module… so we’ll have auto convoy or manual convoy to choose from… all players would have to agree on which type to use. Do you like this idea or just have one module and force everyone to use  auto convoy?

The two different “versions” can be completely compatible so long as both players remember to use the markers.  I’d say make auto-convoy the default, and then you can release an optional replacement UnitStats.txt for people who only want the markers to count in their games.  Then these people will be able to play with others without the other person needing to install anything new or change anything - they just have to remember to use the markers.

• That sounds good!

• I’m new to abattlemap.  I downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  the only problem i have is that the program always crashes when i’m moving items on the map.  is there a resolution to this?

Thanks

• First of all, it looks great, so thumbs up for good work…
    however, when i try to dl it, mediafire just says invalid or missing file…

is possible you could put it up again?

many thx

• www.axisandallies.us/GA3.zip - Beta 3 - updated 11-12-2011

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@TMTM:

www.axisandallies.us/GA3.zip - Beta 3 - updated 11-12-2011

TMTM:  You forgot the following territories on the Russian NO:  Ireland (Ire), Sicily (Sic), Sardinia (Sar).

Just thought I would bring it to your attention.  (yes, Russia can get 66 IPC from conquered lands in Europe, 5 from SZ 125 for a total of 71 IPCs from NOs, the most of any nationality in the game!)

• @Cmdr:

@TMTM:

TMTM:  You forgot the following territories on the Russian NO:  Ireland (Ire), Sicily (Sic), Sardinia (Sar).

Just thought I would bring it to your attention.  (yes, Russia can get 66 IPC from conquered lands in Europe, 5 from SZ 125 for a total of 71 IPCs from NOs, the most of any nationality in the game!)

Great, thanks! I’m glad your checking out the module… I’ve never played Global yet hehe

@TMTM:

@Cmdr:

@TMTM:

Great, thanks! I’m glad your checking out the module… I’ve never played Global yet hehe

AA Gun, Mechanized Infantry should also be on Manchuria.  That was almost certianly my fault as I put the setup on.

• @Cmdr:

@TMTM:

@Cmdr:

@TMTM:

AA Gun, Mechanized Infantry should also be on Manchuria.  That was almost certianly my fault as I put the setup on.

I’ll fix those… what about Crete is it in the Russian NO?

Yes, as silly as it sounds, Crete is part of the Russian NO.

• Alpha +3 Module for Abattlemap
    http://www.axisandallies.us/GA3.zip Beta 5 - Updated 11-15-2011

Sic, Cre, Eir, Sar have been added to the Russian NO
    Man - units fixed

Please let me know of any errors.

+2 Infantry in Saudia Arabia
    +1 Infantry in Chile
    +2 AA Guns in India
    +1 Transport in SZ 97
    -1 Infantry in Yugoslavia

Updated map included.

Alpha 3.AAM

Starting income for Japan is wrong.  Japan starts with 26 IPC, not 30 IPC.

Fixed, uploaded.

Alpha 3.AAM

• I’m guessing this hasn’t been updated to reflect the 2/11 setup changes? seems to be missing the following (listing totals, not additions, for given unit in given territory):

Germany
    1 Transport, 1 Cruiser in z114 (moved from z113)

UK
    1 mec in UK
    1 art, 1 tank in France
    2 inf, 1 aa in Scotland
    1 cruiser in z111 (instead of z112)
    3 aa in India

France
    1 Cruiser in z110 (moved from z112)
    1 art, 1 tnk in France (instead of 2 each)
    2 inf in UK (instead of 1)

That’s what I see, but didn’t really check the whole thing - any others I missed?  Or did I miss the boat and someone else has already posted this?

my updated setup attached…

Start.AAM

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m