• Anyone else a grad?  Anyone else ever try?  I finished the first 90 day cycle in February.  I went from 226 to 194 at the end of the first cycle, and I’ve been down as low as 187.  I used to be a football player and played a lot of rec sports.  I messed my knee up, and after putting on 41 lbs since high school it started to hurt more often and more sharply.  Had to do something about it.

I’ve started cycle #2.  I’ve found myself slacking (missing at least 1 workout a week, sometimes 2). My diet, while not as bad as it was when I ate fast food 3-5 times a week and pounded back the sweets, has dipped.  I’m back on the sweets (a vice I find myself struggling to kick worse than any other habit I’ve ever had)–and sometimes it gets bad.  I still haven’t gone back to pop and don’t think I will.  I keep on telling myself “next week is when I fix my cycle”, but i keep finding an excuse more days than not.  It’s true, pushing play is the hardest part.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Can’ say I’m a grad, because I didn’t finish… but there are a couple reasons for that.

Excellent program though; one heck of a workout. I am just waiting until I can start it again, now that we have most of the right equipment.

• Not familiar with P90x but did the “Body for Life” program. I too have lapsed. I enjoy the results but don’t much like the process. At some point it stopped being agreeably sore from a workout and just became sore.

On the ‘sweet tooth.’ I’ve read that it can be caused by a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol is elevated by stress and not enough sleep. So you may want to look into controlling those situations better if they are out of whack and curbing your sweet tooth that way.

You might also consider a trip to your doctor to have your blood sugar checked.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

P90x 3/4 way grad - then I got a personal trainer.

Found better results from the trainer, but like the P90x program.

Diet is the hardest part… no suggesstions, other then if you don’t buy it, you won’t eat it.

• Whatever diet/exercise program that actually works for somebody is good, by definition. That being said, I generally am opposed to diet/exercise programs that require you to spend a lot of money. I’m not familiar with the direct costs associated with P90X, but I have heard that the diet prescribed in the program is expensive, which a healthy diet does not have to be.

Also, the program’s trademark “confusion”  system of surprising your muscles is a good idea, but you can get the same results simply by varying the number of reps you do and the amounts you lift.

As for diet- I try to eat healthy, and I keep my weight and my stomach under control, but I’ve never used a diet program. I don’t knock them on principle- spending the money, having the guide, or even just being part of something bigger can be good incentives for people. But they aren’t necessary to lose weight  or keep in good shape, and so I think most people should try to do it on their own first, and save the money. The keys are portion control, eliminating certain problem categories (trans fats, MSG, and high fructose corn syrup are all really bad for you, and I’ve found that after cutting them out of my diet, I don’t even crave them anymore, and I don’t feel good after eating them), and letting yourself indulge once in awhile. If you are craving pizza, eat pizza. Have a slice or two. You can try to satisfy that craving with something healthier, or get healthier toppings on your pizza, or what have you, but if you want one particular thing, rather than make it a giant THING, you should indulge that craving, moderately, and once in awhile. I’ve found I have much more success that way.

OK, off the soapbox now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m