Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

@questioneer:

Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

right… ships themselves dont do the damage like the other module… you need to place the burning transport icon in the seazone and also be set at war on the whos at war chart

Ok, thanks, that was the problem.

• @Emperor:

@TMTM:

@questioneer:

Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

right… ships themselves dont do the damage like the other module… you need to place the burning transport icon in the seazone and also be set at war on the whos at war chart

Ok, thanks, that was the problem.

If you made a replace Map.bmp and want to share it with others… I’ll be glad to host it and put it for download in the Skins section.

• @TMTM:

If you made a replace Map.bmp and want to share it with others… I’ll be glad to host it and put it for download in the Skins section.

I’ve been learning Photoshop for a an A&A set that I’m building and figured I would practice my skills on your Alpha 2 map. I added texture, changed the board colours, redid the top and bottom chart, and messed around with the unit colours.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nux5db42xbnh827.

Just paste the contents of this new T40 folder into the existing one. Make sure you change the name of your existing Map.bmp file in case you want to switch back. I didn’t change all of the files, but did update the ToolPieces, BigPieces, and sector info from ABattlemap. I just included the whole T40 folder for ease.

I’ve also included a version of the map with no terrain in case you find all those beautiful textures distracting  :-)

And thanks for creating the Alpha 2 mod TMTM! Makes using the new NO’s much easier.

T40 Map 1.JPG

• The Pacific.

T40 Map 2.JPG

• NO Chart.

T40 Map 3.JPG

• @Sgt.:

@TMTM:

I’ve been learning Photoshop for a an A&A set that I’m building and figured I would practice my skills on your Alpha 2 map. I added texture, changed the board colours, redid the top and bottom chart, and messed around with the unit colours.

Just paste the contents of this new T40 folder into the existing one. Make sure you change the name of your existing Map.bmp file in case you want to switch back. I didn’t change all of the files, but did update the ToolPieces, BigPieces, and sector info from ABattlemap. I just included the whole T40 folder for ease.

I’ve also included a version of the map with no terrain in case you find all those beautiful textures distracting  :-)

And thanks for creating the Alpha 2 mod TMTM! Makes using the new NO’s much easier.

Holy smokes! This is awesome! I recommend everyone try this out. It’s packed as a complete module… so it will overwrite all the files in T40.gim… if you have already been using this module and have made custom changes to it… you’ll want to back those up first.

• @TMTM:

@Sgt.:

@TMTM:

Holy smokes! This is awesome! I recommend everyone try this out. It’s packed as a complete module… so it will overwrite all the files in T40.gim… if you have already been using this module and have made custom changes to it… you’ll want to back those up first.

I tried it, and it was the first time I’ve downloaded your T40 module…. it crashes on me after a while.  anyone else have this problem?

• @Stoney229:

I tried it, and it was the first time I’ve downloaded your T40 module…. it crashes on me after a while.  anyone else have this problem?

Hmm…I’ve only had it crash once, and my battlemap is always on. I wonder what would cause that. How long does it take to crash, does it crash every time?

• @TMTM:

Thanks! I’m glad you like it!  :-D

• Just had a thought Stoney. I made some changes to TMTM’s mod using the Sektor Editor inside Battlemap. When I open the sektorinfo text document it still has the old titles. Could that be an issue?

• 2007 AAR League

@Sgt.:

@TMTM:

Thanks! I’m glad you like it!  :-D

Can we use just the map, or do we have to overwrite all the files, is it compatible with people using TMTM’s V2?

• You can just use the map, I’ve adjusted the colours on the unit pieces so that it gels with the map a bit better but you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to.

And I also made some small changes to the Sektor info but you don’t have to use that if you don’t want to.

I had someone else test pasting the whole folder in and they didn’t have any problems so I’m not sure why Stoney’s crashed.

• This is what I’ve been waiting for.  Thanks for sharing, Wonko, and I know which version of A&A I’m playing today and it ain’t AA50.

• 2007 AAR League

@Sgt.:

You can just use the map, I’ve adjusted the colours on the unit pieces so that it gels with the map a bit better but you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to.

And I also made some small changes to the Sektor info but you don’t have to use that if you don’t want to.

I had someone else test pasting the whole folder in and they didn’t have any problems so I’m not sure why Stoney’s crashed.

Cool.  Your map is awesome, thanks!

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Sgt.:

@TMTM:

I’ve had no problem with it… when I have abattlemap open more then once… sometimes the 2nd copy open won’t work right… maybe a memory issue.

• @TMTM:

I’ve had no problem with it… when I have abattlemap open more then once… sometimes the 2nd copy open won’t work right… maybe a memory issue.

Hmm…hopefully there aren’t any issues then.

@gamerman01:

This is what I’ve been waiting for.  Thanks for sharing, Wonko, and I know which version of A&A I’m playing today and it ain’t AA50.

@Emperor:

Cool.  Your map is awesome, thanks!

Thanks for the comments, makes all the hard work worth it!

• Sgt, at a glance I noticed a Russian factory on Japan that will throw off stats…

Would you like me to audit the whole setup for you like I did for TMTM?

• @gamerman01:

Sgt, at a glance I noticed a Russian factory on Japan that will throw off stats…

Would you like me to audit the whole setup for you like I did for TMTM?

Yea that’d be great. I went over it a couple of times but you always miss something. Thanks  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

The map is great, just one little thing, It’s hard to read the Territory names in some of the darker colored territories, any chance we could get the names in something that contrasts more?

• @Emperor:

The map is great, just one little thing, It’s hard to read the Territory names in some of the darker colored territories, any chance we could get the names in something that contrasts more?

Yea, I did a bit of adjustment but didn’t really look at each territory. I’m making some other tweaks so I’ll do that as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m