Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

• @ghr2:

there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

BCo owner needs to be changed to “4” in sektor editor, and West India to “5”, that’s right.  ghr you can do this yourself with “File -> sektor editor” if you want to change it immediately yourself for your own copy.  Hope this helps.

• @ghr2:

there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

This is with Version 2? I just updated it last night… just to make sure. Which NO’s have problems?

Bco should be worth 1 ipc per the Alpha+ .2 rules: 6. IPC income from West India (2) now goes to Calcutta.
    IPC income from British Columbia now goes to London.
    Note: With these income changes United Kingdom Pacific now makes 17 IPCs and United Kingdom Europe now makes 28 IPCs

Confirm you have version 2 and if the problems are still there and give me details on each if you can.

Edit: I see what you mean about Bco… there is no ipc value text on the map… ok i fix it.

• @mantlefan:

@TMTM:

@Geist:

It looks like the map only gives Japan 9 IPC for it’s NO of not being at war with the USA.

that might be an error, you can fix it yourself for now… click on File and Sektor Editor and then click on the NO box and in the Sektor Editor window… IPC’s All… change the 9 to 10 and click Save and click Save SektorInfo.sek also and then close it. :)

This didn’t work for me, I tried it both when the game was open and also when it wasn’t. I click on “Oil” but I never see any numbers to change.

Similar problems exist with
    Germany’s Egypt NO 3 instead of 5
    Soviet’s Berlin 9 instead of 10
    Soviet’s Japan Treaty 9 instead of 12
    Japan’s USA Peace 9 instead of 10 (as was mentioned)
    Japan’s Soviet Treaty 9 instead of 12
    USA’s Continental 9 instead of 10

when you click New… what version # is your module?

• @mantlefan:

I think I downloaded 2 days ago, it says version 1.

http://www.axisandallies.us/T40v2.zip try this one, some errors still exist… check your list of errors and let me know whic hare still not right. Thanks

• 2007 AAR League

I applied the new AA50 Colors to the map, which looks great btw, but now it’s not calculating convoy damage, did I miss something?

• @Emperor:

I applied the new AA50 Colors to the map, which looks great btw, but now it’s not calculating convoy damage, did I miss something?

changing only map.bmp will not affect anything but the image you see (so make sure you don’t change the location of sector borders).

• @Emperor:

Did you only edit the Map.bmp? Maybe you can email it to me… private message me… I’ll take a look at the Map file… which source files did you use? Did you try the new source file that has everything all in one?

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

@Emperor:

Did you only edit the Map.bmp? Maybe you can email it to me… private message me… I’ll take a look at the Map file… which source files did you use? Did you try the new source file that has everything all in one?

Someone gave me the link and I downloaded the entire new T40.gim (version 2), intially I only copied the AA50 map to the original T40.gim and renamed the old map.bmp to mapold.bmp and then renamed the AA50 to map.bmp.  Whalaaa…new colors.  But I noticed that it wasn’t showing convoy damage for the subs I had off the coast of scotland, nor anywhere else for that matter.  So I copied over the rest of the new T40.gim still no convoy damage was registering.

• Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

• @questioneer:

Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

right… ships themselves dont do the damage like the other module… you need to place the burning transport icon in the seazone and also be set at war on the whos at war chart

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

@questioneer:

Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

right… ships themselves dont do the damage like the other module… you need to place the burning transport icon in the seazone and also be set at war on the whos at war chart

Ok, thanks, that was the problem.

• @Emperor:

@TMTM:

@questioneer:

Ok, thanks, that was the problem.

If you made a replace Map.bmp and want to share it with others… I’ll be glad to host it and put it for download in the Skins section.

• @TMTM:

If you made a replace Map.bmp and want to share it with others… I’ll be glad to host it and put it for download in the Skins section.

I’ve been learning Photoshop for a an A&A set that I’m building and figured I would practice my skills on your Alpha 2 map. I added texture, changed the board colours, redid the top and bottom chart, and messed around with the unit colours.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nux5db42xbnh827.

Just paste the contents of this new T40 folder into the existing one. Make sure you change the name of your existing Map.bmp file in case you want to switch back. I didn’t change all of the files, but did update the ToolPieces, BigPieces, and sector info from ABattlemap. I just included the whole T40 folder for ease.

I’ve also included a version of the map with no terrain in case you find all those beautiful textures distracting  :-)

And thanks for creating the Alpha 2 mod TMTM! Makes using the new NO’s much easier.

T40 Map 1.JPG

• The Pacific.

T40 Map 2.JPG

• NO Chart.

T40 Map 3.JPG

• @Sgt.:

@TMTM:

I’ve been learning Photoshop for a an A&A set that I’m building and figured I would practice my skills on your Alpha 2 map. I added texture, changed the board colours, redid the top and bottom chart, and messed around with the unit colours.

Just paste the contents of this new T40 folder into the existing one. Make sure you change the name of your existing Map.bmp file in case you want to switch back. I didn’t change all of the files, but did update the ToolPieces, BigPieces, and sector info from ABattlemap. I just included the whole T40 folder for ease.

I’ve also included a version of the map with no terrain in case you find all those beautiful textures distracting  :-)

And thanks for creating the Alpha 2 mod TMTM! Makes using the new NO’s much easier.

Holy smokes! This is awesome! I recommend everyone try this out. It’s packed as a complete module… so it will overwrite all the files in T40.gim… if you have already been using this module and have made custom changes to it… you’ll want to back those up first.

• @TMTM:

@Sgt.:

@TMTM:

Holy smokes! This is awesome! I recommend everyone try this out. It’s packed as a complete module… so it will overwrite all the files in T40.gim… if you have already been using this module and have made custom changes to it… you’ll want to back those up first.

I tried it, and it was the first time I’ve downloaded your T40 module…. it crashes on me after a while.  anyone else have this problem?

• @Stoney229:

I tried it, and it was the first time I’ve downloaded your T40 module…. it crashes on me after a while.  anyone else have this problem?

Hmm…I’ve only had it crash once, and my battlemap is always on. I wonder what would cause that. How long does it take to crash, does it crash every time?

• @TMTM:

Thanks! I’m glad you like it!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m