Need an official rule clarification on Amphibious Assaults.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hey,

So the British build a destroyer in Sz110.  All the german land units, for an amphibious assault into London, are in Holland.

Can the german navy in Sz112 come to sz 110, to fight the destroyer, whilst loading / unloading units from Holland into London?

This is my understanding, but I am told that I am wrong.  Was this the rule in a previous version, and not the rule now?  And what are the rules if the germans say, had a destroyer in that Sz already, or the German transports were already there at the turns start?

Need this clarification for a game I am playing currently.

Do we call this the surface ship stall now?

• Can’t load transports with an enemy surface ship in the same Sz…. After the UK place the destroyer just kill the destroyer with the Italians

• As long as the Krauts bring surface warships to dispatch the Brit DD (and any scrambled fighters), yes this is absolutely legal.  The only thing you lose is the support shots from any Battleships or Crusiers.

• I don’t think it’s legal.  You would be essentially be doing combat movement, combat, then more combat movement

• I just re-read this and see that you are loading in sz110.  That, then is not legal - my apologies for misreading.

I agree acampo22 it’s all part of the same combat move.

And as for the Italians, they only have one fighter.

The british can scramble 2 of there own, and a french fighter.

1 Italian fgt is not going to beat 3 defending fgt’s, and still KILL the destroyer.  Sorry, it’s not even mathematically possible.

We’ll just have to try something else :S  Or get the rule clarified in my favour.

Where in the rulebook does it say that you cannot load in the same sea zone you are unloading in?

I get that you can’t load in a hostile zone, and then leave and unload, that’s a whole extra move.  But if it happens all in the same place it’s not.

And what would the rule be if I started in that zone with the transports?

And so what if a destroyer was never built.  Could my opponent have scrambled to accomplish the same theoretical feat?

I think it’s good. :)

• @Gargantua:

And so what if a destroyer was never built.  Could my opponent have scrambled to accomplish the same theoretical feat?

I think it’s good. :)

I don’t think scrambling has any bearing because the sea zone would be free of enemy surface ships (or subs in the case of a lone transport). The combat move to load troops doesn’t trigger scramble. After you pick up in Holland, then scramble would be triggered by the amphibious assault itself.

• @Gargantua:

And what would the rule be if I started in that zone with the transports?

The same

• @Gargantua:

I agree acampo22 it’s all part of the same combat move.

And as for the Italians, they only have one fighter.

First of all what turn is this? Shouldn’t you have 1 Tac, 2 Fighters and whatever new Italian airforce (Bomber) you may have purchased?

• Official Q&A

You can’t load transports in a hostile sea zone.  You never have been able to.  There is only one exception, and that is when you first declare war.  In that turn only, transports may load in the sea zone that they start in if it has just become hostile due to the declaration.

Scrambled planes do not affect transport loading, because scrambling doesn’t occur until after combat movement is complete.

SO what if I start in a zone, that someone just built a ship in?  My transport Cannot load?

Also, can transports leave a zone where they started with a hostile ship, and then come back with loaded units from another zone? That would seem legal to me.

• Official Q&A

@Gargantua:

SO what if I start in a zone, that someone just built a ship in?  My transport Cannot load?

That’s correct, unless you declare war on that power in the same turn.

@Gargantua:

Also, can transports leave a zone where they started with a hostile ship, and then come back with loaded units from another zone? That would seem legal to me.

Yes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m