• Say Russia’s anti-aircraft shoots down 2 of Germany’s planes at the beginning of the battle.  Can Germany now retreat without having performed a single round of combat?  Or do they need to run atleast one round of combat before retreating?

We couldn’t find this in the rule book so we let Germany retreat but I’d like to know for future reference.

• Sponsor

@IKE:

Say Russia’s anti-aircraft shoots down 2 of Germany’s planes at the beginning of the battle.  Can Germany now retreat without having performed a single round of combat?  Or do they need to run atleast one round of combat before retreating?

We couldn’t find this in the rule book so we let Germany retreat but I’d like to know for future reference.

The AA fire on air units is just part of the first round of combat, not the end of one. The rest of the combat round will need to be completed before the option to retreat is given (air units hit by AA fire don’t get casualty rolls).

• That makes sense now, thanks YG.  We weren’t thinking of the AA shots as part of the first round of combat, we were thinking that they happened before combat started.

I posted another question in the FAQ sticky if you have time to read that one as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m