ANZAC Autonomy! Anzac declares war on Japan separately from the UK

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Last time I checked, I was still Queen of classic at the AAMC tournaments (I skipped the tournament last year.)  Anyway, it’s fun to get back to your routes and a lot of later strategies stem from strategies that arose from classic.

I am not so much giving up the islands in the south.  After the American fleet is dealt with, there is no reason to keep all your warships out East, one can always send the bulk down to deal with the upstart nations along with a transport, maybe two, to deal with armies.  Without America heavily invested in warships, England and ANZAC just dont seem that big a threat.

• @Cmdr:

Last time I checked, I was still Queen of classic at the AAMC tournaments (I skipped the tournament last year.)  Anyway, it’s fun to get back to your routes and a lot of later strategies stem from strategies that arose from classic.

I am not so much giving up the islands in the south.  After the American fleet is dealt with, there is no reason to keep all your warships out East, one can always send the bulk down to deal with the upstart nations along with a transport, maybe two, to deal with armies.  Without America heavily invested in warships, England and ANZAC just dont seem that big a threat.

Are you Queen of any recently released games?

Eh, I could probably unseat a king here or there in Anniversary and/or Global 1940 if I put as much effort into it as I did with classic.  I never tried. I have kids now.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I never tried. I have kids now.

That’s NO Excuse.  Don’t hide behind your CHILDREN.

You have a DUTY…

@Gargantua:

I never tried. I have kids now.

That’s NO Excuse.  Don’t hide behind your CHILDREN.

You have a DUTY…

I had duty.  I left the US Army, now all I have are kids.  2 Small ones,  5 and 8, one big one 34.

I have to farm all summer, can all fall, clean all winter and plant all spring, so outside of that, I’m rather busy to put my “Y’all” into it.  Perhaps if I decided to buy, ack!, vegetables instead of growing them, I could put more games on the board, learn my strategies, learn what others do routinely, go back to researching my opponents and kick some tail…./sigh, reading through game after game after game, figuring out how he would respond if I did this, or that, figuring out what my best response would be, game testing it over and over again on my battlemaps and referring back to it over and again…

Last time I did that was when I crushed a former moderator into the dust, it was fun for the payoff, great when he left the boards, but boy was it a lot of work!

Somewhere out here I have an article the site published about how to dissassemble an opponent.  Look it up if you’re interested. It’s no big secret, more of an overall guide on how to play these games to win and make sure you don’t do something silly like giving yourself a situation where Germany can kill someone and Italy can blitz tanks in to kill the Russian Air Force.

Alright fine, you win.

Whatever you say Grandma!

• @Cmdr:

For which game?  AAR or 2nd?

I mean for specifics, the “general” idea is a surprise strike.  In both games you sort of set up like you normal would for the Indian Ocean with some extra transports then hit W. USA/Alaska at the same time with units from Japan/Solomons. (Units your opponent thought were going into Russia/Australia-New Zealand.)

In either event, you’re only creating the option for KAF by slowing down just a little in KRF.  If America plays along, you can go crush them, if they see the trap and defend, well you always did want to go to Maui and Sydney, right?

AAR but All the other posts indicates its almost the same. But the same idea is there. My KAF suprises my opponents in AAR because the were used to me going through Africa or playing JTDTM. (Personally I don’t like JTDTM because it is so historically wrong but It seemed to work.) Now they always guard Alaska and So I take Africa and leave Germany to spend money on Sealion for a change or the Moscow tank drive

• @The:

@Cmdr:

For which game?  AAR or 2nd?

I mean for specifics, the “general” idea is a surprise strike.  In both games you sort of set up like you normal would for the Indian Ocean with some extra transports then hit W. USA/Alaska at the same time with units from Japan/Solomons. (Units your opponent thought were going into Russia/Australia-New Zealand.)

In either event, you’re only creating the option for KAF by slowing down just a little in KRF.  If America plays along, you can go crush them, if they see the trap and defend, well you always did want to go to Maui and Sydney, right?

What is: JTDTM

AAR but All the other posts indicates its almost the same. But the same idea is there. My KAF suprises my opponents in AAR because the were used to me going through Africa or playing JTDTM. (Personally I don’t like JTDTM because it is so historically wrong but It seemed to work.) Now they always guard Alaska and So I take Africa and leave Germany to spend money on Sealion for a change or the Moscow tank drive

• JTDTM stands for:

Japan
    Tank
    Drive
    To
    Moscow

I am probably thread hijacking but this thread ended a page or 2 ago

• @The:

JTDTM stands for:

Japan
    Tank
    Drive
    To
    Moscow

I am probably thread hijacking but this thread ended a page or 2 ago

Like that’s gonna happen……

• @Peck:

Saving your money with ANZAC is a great idea……What 3 things are you gonna build?

An IC and 2 ACC’s

2 Battleships and a Star Destroyer?

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

2 Battleships and a Star Destroyer?

Hey, wait a minute.  I thought ANZAC’s target was Tokyo, not Tatooine.

• @Idi:

@Peck:

Saving your money with ANZAC is a great idea……What 3 things are you gonna build?

An IC and 2 ACC’s

You don’t need a factory to build a factory.  Why would you double your production capacity when on the next turn you barely have enough cash to maximize production.

I like the Idea of a minor in Queensland.

If the Japs BLITZ for Australia you can produce DOUBLE the defence (up to 6 inf instead of 3).  And now you can build units that START within range of attacking territories that actually matter.

• @Peck:

@Idi:

@Peck:

An IC and 2 ACC’s

You don’t need a factory to build a factory.  Why would you double your production capacity when on the next turn you barely have enough cash to maximize production.

Thanks for the IC tip….your my hero!

Accept, you’re down 4 defense units making the sacking of NSW easier.

• @Idi:

Are you really good at “Sacking” Jennifer?

Wow…really? What a douche.

• @Cmdr:

Accept, you’re down 4 defense units making the sacking of NSW easier.

The American fleet will help things out

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m