Best A&A game for a two player match

• In your opinion what is the best A&A game for two players?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What is the skill and experience level?

What is the alotted time frame you have available?

• Assuming you want a relatively fair, and not terribly long, game, I recommend Battle of the Bulge. It’s slanted in favor of the Allies (IMHO), but with decent odds for a German victory, and it’s simple to learn and pretty quick to play.

• @Wargaming_nut:

Assuming you want a relatively fair, and not terribly long, game, I recommend Battle of the Bulge. It’s slanted in favor of the Allies (IMHO), but with decent odds for a German victory, and it’s simple to learn and pretty quick to play.

I love Bulge but the combat system is very different from the ‘main’ A&A games and the Allied learning curve is very high. Spring 1942 might be a better option if you want to get acquainted with the ‘main’ combat system in a more simpler way.

• @Hobbes:

@Wargaming_nut:

Assuming you want a relatively fair, and not terribly long, game, I recommend Battle of the Bulge. It’s slanted in favor of the Allies (IMHO), but with decent odds for a German victory, and it’s simple to learn and pretty quick to play.

I love Bulge but the combat system is very different from the ‘main’ A&A games and the Allied learning curve is very high. Spring 1942 might be a better option if you want to get acquainted with the ‘main’ combat system in a more simpler way.

I agree I love Bulge too, but it is a lot different…  :mrgreen:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Original 1984 Milton Bradley.  It’s called CLASSIC for a reason.

Failing that, Anniversary.

Failing that, Revised.

Failing that, play Risk, go out and meet girls, or go home.

• Ìîæíî ëè òóò ðàçìåùàòü ññûëêè íà ñàéòû ñ ïîäáîðêàìè ñîôòà?   
    íå çàïðåùåííî ëè ýòî ïðàâèëàìè?

• bump to get rid of spam post

• Best game for two players is 1942, by far.  There are not too many controlling powers in this game, 3 allies, and 2 axis, creating shorter rounds, and overall, shorter playing time.  It is especially good if you are just learning how to play, yet you want to get a good feel for Axis and Allies.  It also is probably the easiest to play for two players, not including 1941, just because I feel that is too easy.  Hope this helps!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m