How about giving US improved shipyards when at war to help balance game

• Well, in the newest version, the US gets 2 more destroyers, 1 more cruiser, 1 more fighter, and 1 more tac bomber. Additionally, the VC’s have to be achieved for a full round; the axis can’t immediately win.

• Okay never mind I did not see that added when I played last.  Changes are coming fast but this is a really cool thing.  I will have to play with that to make a decision now.  Improved shipyards on top of that is probably too much.

• @Frank:

Okay never mind I did not see that added when I played last.  Changes are coming fast but this is a really cool thing.  I will have to play with that to make a decision now.  Improved shipyards on top of that is probably too much.

Larry is considering removing 1 or 2 of those extra planes.

• We’ve played a couple of rounds this new Alpha and Alpha+ and Alpha +1 are balancing it out quite nice.  If you equal opponents, one of two things happens…

1- Axis wins quick by taking London or Japan taking India in the 3rd or 4th turn.  The US can’t get in the game in time to be of use.

2- The Allies win because London and Russia hold on for dear life and the US totally overwhelms everyone with shear numbers.

If you get into the later turns, it’s only a matter of time before the US has WAY more than everyone else.  WORLD DOMINATION!!!  LOL

• @docfav7:

We’ve played a couple of rounds this new Alpha and Alpha+ and Alpha +1 are balancing it out quite nice.  If you equal opponents, one of two things happens…

1- Axis wins quick by taking London or Japan taking India in the 3rd or 4th turn.  The US can’t get in the game in time to be of use.

2- The Allies win because London and Russia hold on for dear life and the US totally overwhelms everyone with shear numbers.

If you get into the later turns, it’s only a matter of time before the US has WAY more than everyone else.  WORLD DOMINATION!!!  LOL

It seems that, in your experience, the axis are having a race against time.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

There is no need to “balance” anything.

Certainly not at this stage, it’s pretty close.

The American player has to spend on both fronts, and have to know what they are doing.  The victory cities make it EASIER for the allies to focus.

Knowing that all you have to do to prevent Japan from winning, is owning NSW, HAW, and WUS.  Focus on that.  Send everything else to Europe or Africa.

If you are playing the allies, as long as you are making more money every turn, there is no reason to surrender.

• It’s hard for the US to defend Sydney and focus on Europe.

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Frank:

Okay never mind I did not see that added when I played last.  Changes are coming fast but this is a really cool thing.  I will have to play with that to make a decision now.  Improved shipyards on top of that is probably too much.

Larry is considering removing 1 or 2 of those extra planes.

did he tell you that personally or is it more of the CHL rumour mill?

He told that to someone else. If you go to his website, you can see it for yourself.

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

It’s hard for the US to defend Sydney and focus on Europe.

enough little boy, time for beddyby

How nice. Instead of responding to my argument, you make an ad hominem attack.

• SalothSar has PMed me this:

You just get it do you…you lack the foresight to ever be any good at this game. Your viewpoint will be forever a one dimensional one. Just like your skills…the only thing you contribute here is SPAM!

I think it speaks for itself.

• I’ll also let the previous post speak for itself.

• Sorry, I don’t need a teacher since I know how to form a grammatically correct sentence.

Going back to the topic of the thread(sort of), I think the United States setup is okay as it is. It prevents Japan from getting an easy victory but does not make it too easy for the US to put everything in Europe.

• I’m cool with the split.  US gets 40+IPC to spend in each theater once at war.  FDR can choose to put it all in either coast on any one turn so that’s a little advantage to him over the UK/India type set up.

If the Axis go hell bound after either coast the US has to pay attention to destroyer screens.  That’s fine.

• I would abuse improved shipyards right off the bat. I would make sure that the USA had the only floating major navy in both oceans. No point of having an edge if you don’t abuse it. And Japan can’t get its cites if they have no fleet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m