• Neat!

By the way, when I saw the two bottom pictures, I couldn’t help imagining that I was seeing a new type of unit: the flying aircraft carrier.  :-)

• Customizer

A small correction.
    If anyone decides to do this like I did, I have found that if you put the metal strip on the bottom of the ship, it is better to cut them 1/4 inch wide.  I found that the 1/8 inch wide strips make the carrier a little unbalanced and can tip from side to side with planes on it.  However, the 1/4 inch wide strips make a good flat base for the ship.  Plus it provides a little more metal for the round magnets on the planes to attract to.  So remember:  1/8 inch wide for top of carrier, 1/4 inch wide for the bottom.

• I paint my pieces.  If you don’t, try looking for photos of painted pieces and see what you think.  It really makes my visitors say, “Wow!”

Because I paint the pieces, I don’t want a big bulging magnet underneath.  I have been thinking of cutting a refrig magnet into a thin strip and glueing it under the carriers in the hollow.  Then I would trip some pins and glue them along the fuselage of the planes and paint them the same color.  Has nayone done this by placing the magnets on the ship and the metal on the planes?

• yo knp7765 what ship is that in the back ground too blurry to tell

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m