Can anyone give me their personal opinion on AA50 vs global?

• There is a “Axis and Allies: Deluxe” forum on his site, but if you look at it, the last post was from sometime in 2009, but the majority of stuff is from 2007/2008, I think Deluxe was the Global plan.

• '10

Love them both after the disapointing spring 1942 edition.

Need extra large gaming dates for global (2 pm - 2 am).

Anniversary is for an evening (7 pm - 2 am).

Both have a fantastic map desingn.

I’ am glad to own both versions (Anniversary and 1940s).

• There is no real clear cut answer to which is better because both have great gameplay yet time is the true determining factor. If u had to chose which to play by time constants, you won’t feel like u played a lesser game by choosing one over the other. Where as aa42 would, in my opinion leave me felling I had just chosen to play a lesser game

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here’s Larry’s site: http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=e5e8abc255ebf9c1fcedbe3dee49aa29

Near the bottom are boards called Advanced-Axis and Allies

None of the topics under “Axis and Allies Deluxe” have posts that are any later than 2009. Is there a specific place where Larry mentions this idea of eventually creating some sort of Deluxe game? I am very interested in his conception of what it will be. Is it buried in those threads on his site somewhere?

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here’s Larry’s site: http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=e5e8abc255ebf9c1fcedbe3dee49aa29

Near the bottom are boards called Advanced-Axis and Allies

None of the topics under “Axis and Allies Deluxe” have posts that are any later than 2009. Is there a specific place where Larry mentions this idea of eventually creating some sort of Deluxe game? I am very interested in his conception of what it will be. Is it buried in those threads on his site somewhere?

That’s what I meant. I guess they either postponed the idea due to global or they scrapped it.

Anyway, this is probably going to be the most complex grand strategic game for a while. The next few will be battle specific. i’m not sure if it can get much bigger without going into world of flames territory

• @fanofbond:

T Where as aa42 would, in my opinion leave me felling I had just chosen to play a lesser game

I wouldn’t say AA42 is a lesser game. It is definitely shorter and smaller but for people like me that don’t have the room to set up an AAG40 game, AA42 fills the niche nicely. I added in NAs, NOs, a 1941 setup (thanks to Hobbes), and research and development to AA42 to make it a little better, or more like Revised with AA50 rules. And AA42 does not have all of the errata or set up changes to balance the game. Also, at retail price it is about $150.00 cheaper than AAG40.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m