• Does the Russian player still receive the two infantry in Novosibirisk during the Global game?

• @Beerandpretzels:

Does the Russian player still receive the two infantry in Novosibirisk during the Global game?

No

• Question: It says in the rules that all techs take effect immediately. Does this mean if I roll for Improved Factory production I can place the extra troops in the my IC complexes this turn (meaning 4 instead of 3 in a minor and 12 instead of 10 in a major)? I think so, but when you upgrade a factory you cant place the extra units until the next turn so I am not 100% sure.

• You should be able to produce at the new level since the tech actually changes your existing and future factories output and those factories were yours at the beginning of your turn.

When you upgrade the factory, its the same as placing a New larger factory in the same spot, you can build out of the smaller one since you had it, but the newer one would need to wait. Hence you still get to make 3 units when you upgrade to a major.

• Tech takes effect immediately, and upgrade of factories is delayed. It is possible to build a large factory in place of a minor and acquire the tech in the same round. Then it would be: 3 (previous turn), 4 (this turn since you gained tech), 12 (next turn).

• Official Q&A

Welcome, dadler12!

James and 13th are correct.

• You’ve said before that Central US doesn’t border Alberta. Does Alberta border any US territory?

• Official Q&A

No.

• You should include that in the official FAQ, because at first sight it seems that Alberta borders with Central USA  :|

• Krieg, three questions:

1. Has there been a ruling on if Russia can move units onto allied tt w/just a DOW w/Jap. It seems like it should not be allowed.  Maybe at least til both allies are at war with the same power. Like both Russia and UK have to be at war with Jap before Russia could move into India. That gets pretty tricky though with UK having tt on both maps, especially in Africa & Middle East before Russia is at war w/Euro axis. Maybe a map split or something?

2. Has there been any waver on the fact Russia has to be at war w/someone (Jap), before it can invade (or align with) the neutrals on the Europe map. It does seem kinda corny that what happens on the Manchurian boarder would have an effect on Russia being able to move on Euro Neutrals (the opposite would make more sense, tying down troops). It should just be able to take neutrals in Europe w/o this corny loophole.

3. Convoy question: R2 Russia moves its sub to sz 125, and Norway is still in German hands (no convoy disruption can happen at this point, no Euro axis attack). On G3 Germany attacks Russia, but can’t kill the Red October (no German dd). Does the Russia sub cost Germany 2 ipc (Norway still German) in the G3 collect income phase, or does Russia first have to make a formal DOW on Germany at the beginning of R4 to raid convoys.

• Thanks for that answer guys James, 13th, and Kreig. This forum is really useful. I’m glad I finally registered so I can ask all my silly questions.

• Official Q&A

1. No.

2. No.

3. Germany and the USSR are at war.  The convoy raid is done.

• Thanks Krieg, for the update.

• '22 '19 '18

Another question for you krieg.  Can germany charge a toll to pass through the danish straits? Russia wanted to pass through R1 while not at war with Germany and I said they could if they wanted to pay a toll.  Is that allowed?  I know you can’t give your allies IPC, but it dosen’t say anything about giving it to your future enemies.

Thanks.

• @cond1024:

Another question for you krieg.  Can germany charge a toll to pass through the danish straits? Russia wanted to pass through R1 while not at war with Germany and I said they could if they wanted to pay a toll.  Is that allowed?  I know you can’t give your allies IPC, but it dosen’t say anything about giving it to your future enemies.

Thanks.

Now that’s classic!!

I can see a troll at the booth now, $5 buddy, and answer 3 questions.

• Official Q&A

No.  Either let them pass or don’t.

• Is the optional rule in Europe allowing German subs to disrupt convoys for 3 IPC instead of 2 IPC allowed to be used in Global? Also, does the Super Sub tech allow subs to disrupt convoys at 3 IPC instead of 2 IPC?

• I’ve often wondered this, and it has come up in our games. With regards to air units attacking a target and needing a place to land legally in order to make the attack, you cannot just send them on a suicide run to kill something and let the survivors just die at end of combat.

But, if one has a single aircraft carrier as a legal landing spot, can one then attack with more air units than can legally land on the carrier? Say, four fighters but only 2 can land, but since there is a legal landing zone at the start of combat is the move legal?

• Air units moving in the Combat move phase must have a valid landing spot available for each plane. This means with 1 carrier, you can move 2 planes (not 4) and count that carrier as there landing space providing the carrier and planes will have enough movement to meet. It is possible to send 4 air units into a battle because of 1 carrier if the ones that start on the carrier can land elsewhere to make room for up to 2 more planes.

The way I understand it, you can count the carrier being able to meet the planes even if enemy ships have to be attacked first to clear a path. I understand that the attack to clear must occur and regardless of the odds, you can then allocate planes to attack somewhere and use the carrier’s “future” position as a landing spot. If the naval battles to clear a path fail, then any planes that need to land on a carrier that can’t meet them will crash.

With regard to carrier designated planes, if they are all destroyed in combat, the carrier that was going to move to give them a landing spot in Non combat no longer has to move to provide a landing spot since the planes are gone. This is helpful when UK wants to destroy the Italian fleet at sz95 and then moves the carrier elsewhere if they lose the planes in combat.

• Official Q&A

Nice explanation, James.  The only thing I’d add is that the carrier must move to pick up any surviving planes if it is able and the planes have no other place to land.

@dadler12:

Is the optional rule in Europe allowing German subs to disrupt convoys for 3 IPC instead of 2 IPC allowed to be used in Global?

Yes.

@dadler12:

Also, does the Super Sub tech allow subs to disrupt convoys at 3 IPC instead of 2 IPC?

No.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m