Guaranteed not to lose - don't build capital ships!

• Unless I’m misunderstanding the rules, it is impossible for your adversary to win provided you don’t build capital ships.

Victory requires 15 victory points. You get one per airfield and one per enemy capital ship sunk. There are only 9 airfields and each player begins with only 3 capital ships. Therefore, provided you don’t build more than two capital ships, you can’t lose!

Please tell me I’m wrong. I just bought this game and really don’t want something like this to spoil it.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

You accumulate VPs every turn. So control of 6 airfields = 6VP per turn. You lose.

• Yep. I’m an idiot. I understand why the game won’t last more than 6 or so turns now.

Can I just check how many victory points a person receives for destroying a capital ship? I assume it’s 1 but I can’t find this written anywhere.

• TripleA

@mockneywideboy:

Yep. I’m an idiot. I understand why the game won’t last more than 6 or so turns now.

Can I just check how many victory points a person receives for destroying a capital ship? I assume it’s 1 but I can’t find this written anywhere.

1 victory point per capital ship sunk. you score the point immediately

• I too found the victory point rules puzzling on my first game. Like the OP, I did not realize that VPs scored for airfields were per-turn (the rulebook is a little vague on this). After coming across this thread, it’s much clearer now. Plus, it’s always good to see that frame of Picard facepalming :-)

• @mockneywideboy:

Unless I’m misunderstanding the rules, it is impossible for your adversary to win provided you don’t build capital ships.

Victory requires 15 victory points. You get one per airfield and one per enemy capital ship sunk. There are only 9 airfields and each player begins with only 3 capital ships. Therefore, provided you don’t build more than two capital ships, you can’t lose!

By the same logic, you couldn’t win either!  :mrgreen:

Better it’s not that way…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m