TripleA: Where to dl, How to Download Maps, Pictures of games TripleA supports

• @Subotai:

If you pay Comradekev (TripleA developer) he will probably do the necessary coding within 2-3 weeks.

:-D

@Subotai:

Or you can try to get a cheaper coder in India to do the job

:cry:

• I’m probably not going to pay as much as Comradekev expects, so I’ll let him do it for free, if he wants to that is ;)

• Has anyone played the latest downloadable scenario about the Eastern Front? It’s where you play as Army Groups North/Centre/South, plus ALL the minor Axis powers versus the giant Russian bear. The Russians are played by a very competent AI which is beating me. Anybody have any tips on how to play this game correctly/what to buy/best strat that kind of thing?

• Several Triple A questions:

• Which version is Spring 1942?  OP says WWIIv2 Revised = Spring 1942, somebody else says WWIIv4

• Using WWIIv4, I can’t seem to use transports.  When clicking inf/art/tanks it says “land units cannot both load and unload on the same turn” what gives?

• I can’t figure out how to perform bombardments on ICs

Thanks guys!  Trying to get up and running here on a Mac.  Are there any other maps that host macs?

• '16 '15 '10

@murdoc:

Several Triple A questions:

• Which version is Spring 1942?  OP says WWIIv2 Revised = Spring 1942, somebody else says WWIIv4

Spring 42=v4
    Revised=v2

Using WWIIv4, I can’t seem to use transports.  When clicking inf/art/tanks it says “land units cannot both load and unload on the same turn” what gives?

You load and unload by right clicking the unit and loading it onto the transport.  As far as not being able to load and unload, what you can do with the transports is limited by what’s allowed by the game rules.  The game engine enforces the rules, so you can only perform moves that would be legal.

Bombardments are for land units, not ICs, so nothing wrong with that.

• @Zhukov44:

@murdoc:

Several Triple A questions:

Spring 42=v4
    Revised=v2

Revised will appear with the name of Revised when you are choosing the scenario on TripleA. The V2 designation only appears on the description of the game.

If you mean strategic bombings just move the bomber to the territory where the IC is located. The game will then ask you if you want to attack or bomb the territory.

• Ah!  Much appreciated.

However, WWIIv4 - has several map differences from the 1942 map.  Ie. Kenya as opposed to Rhodesia in Africa with different maps lines.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

• @Veqryn:

and here are some pics:
    most of these pictures have been reduced in size to be a quarter to a fifth of their original size.

WW2v2 (spring 1942)

WW2v2 (revised)

Veqryn, you probably want to edit your second post so that the title for the first map reads WW2v4 (spring 1942) to avoid confusion, as can be seen from the couple questions confusing spring 42 with revised.

• '12

Well, I can’t seem to host a game.  Before I am accused of not putting effort first.  Yes, I did port Forwarding 3300 even 3300-3310.  Ipconfig lets me know what the local IP of machine is.  My external IP of the router is also known, matches the IP TripleA can’t connect to.

I tried a DMZ on my locale IP, with and without combinations of port forwarding.  I have downloaded a few port scanners, not impressed with the results.  Consulted my windows firewall, added port forwarding there.  Short of bypassing my router physically I am open to suggestions.  I guess a comp sci degree and 30 years of writing code isn’t much help here.

• '16 '15 '10

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Well, I can’t seem to host a game.  Before I am accused of not putting effort first.  Yes, I did port Forwarding 3300 even 3300-3310.  Ipconfig lets me know what the local IP of machine is.  My external IP of the router is also known, matches the IP TripleA can’t connect to.

I tried a DMZ on my locale IP, with and without combinations of port forwarding.  I have downloaded a few port scanners, not impressed with the results.  Consulted my windows firewall, added port forwarding there.  Short of bypassing my router physically I am open to suggestions.  I guess a comp sci degree and 30 years of writing code isn’t much help here.

See this thread
    http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1262197615

Odd.  On my router/modem, I have to add an exception + port for TripleA.  I had trouble hosting when the new stable came out; eventually I realized I hadn’t added an exception for Windows Firewall.

But it seems like you’ve considered these variables so I don’t know how to help you–you could try pming Veqyrn and see if he can help troubleshoot it for you.  Also feel free to ask people on the lobby for suggestions–some of them may have had the same problem.

• Customizer

@Zhukov44:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

See this thread
    http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1262197615

Odd.  On my router/modem, I have to add an exception + port for TripleA.  I had trouble hosting when the new stable came out; eventually I realized I hadn’t added an exception for Windows Firewall.

But it seems like you’ve considered these variables so I don’t know how to help you–you could try pming Veqyrn and see if he can help troubleshoot it for you.  Also feel free to ask people on the lobby for suggestions–some of them may have had the same problem.

He already solved it, he just didn’t update his post.

See here:
    http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Can-t-host-yes-I-port-forwarded-tp6894447p6902482.html

Quote:

I was about to fire off a screen shot of all the information ipconfig etc and noticed my compter IP was still a 192.168….

This made me dig into my modem.  It was supposed to be passing all ports through, the Bell tech even confirmed this 30 minutes ago.  It seems my speedstream 5200 e240 was not passing port 3300 for some reason it seems.

It works now.  I had to set the modem to ‘Bridge’ mode and then configure my router to do the authentication with the bell sympatico service here in Ontario Canada and did port forwarding at the router level.

Thanks for the quick response and pointing me in the right direction.

• '12

Hey Zhukov44, I hadn’t noticed there was a reply to this thread until this morning.  Thanks everyone for the input.

I was running a separate modem and non-modem router.  I was assured over and over again by the internet tech that the modem was dumb and just passed everything through to the router for it to port forward…or not.  So a quick google of my modem make showed me it does in fact have some intelligence.    I had to ‘log into’ the modem via putting an IP in a webbrowser, forget what IP, 192.168.x.x ish.  Once I could adjust the modem settings I set it to ‘bridge’ mode which meant the modem no longer supplied my password or logged in but did make it perform as a ‘dumb’ modem in that it didn’t process or filter anything.  The router then had to be set up with my password and user name to log into the ISP through the modem and it then accomplished the port forwarding.  So I can host just fine now…Now if only I could put my life on hold to have the time to actually play!

• Any ideas if AAG40 will be on TripleA?

Thanks

• they are working on it  the map is done waiting on the final rules I think  whenever that will be

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@morrel:

they are working on it  the map is done waiting on the final rules I think  whenever that will be

It’d be nice.

There is no way to reduce the size of the map so you could, I don’t know, actually see an entire theater of battle or maybe even 75-100% of the board at once?

• you can change the size of the map buy I don’t think you could tell what the pieces are  if you went worldwide                                                              By theatre you might be able to

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

@morrel:

they are working on it  the map is done waiting on the final rules I think  whenever that will be

It’d be nice.

There is no way to reduce the size of the map so you could, I don’t know, actually see an entire theater of battle or maybe even 75-100% of the board at once?

hi jenn,

you can zoom out the map, and in fact all maps can be zoomed out.  its in the view options i think, under zoom, and you can set it to so that you can see the entire map, or to something more reasonable like 50% or 25% zoomed out so you can see just a little more

also, global’s map is almost done
    but the rules it works by are still under development. there is tons of new stuff, much more than any previous release, that has to be coded, and it will take a while still

@Veqryn:

@Cmdr:

@morrel:

It’d be nice.

hi jenn,

you can zoom out the map, and in fact all maps can be zoomed out.  its in the view options i think, under zoom, and you can set it to so that you can see the entire map, or to something more reasonable like 50% or 25% zoomed out so you can see just a little more

also, global’s map is almost done
    but the rules it works by are still under development. there is tons of new stuff, much more than any previous release, that has to be coded, and it will take a while still

Can you actually make a strategic decision based on the zoomed out map, or are the pieces hidden or on top of each other so you can’t really decide what’s going on where?

• Customizer

I will answer that with a picture.

Depending on the initial scale of the map, you will be able to zoom out more or less.  If the initial scale is huge, then you can zoom out more and still be legible.  If the initial scale is small, then if you zoomed out very far, it might not be so legible.

To zoom out, either go to the “View” menu, then select “Zoom”.  Or hold down ALT and scroll your mouse wheel.

And yes, you can do actions while zoomed out.  You can do everything while zoomed out that you can while in the default view, including moving units, purchasing, etc, everything.

Here are two screenshots:

50% zoom of A&A 50th Anniversary Edition:

100% zoom (normal) of A&A 50th Anniversary Edition:

thx,
    veqryn

Ah, very nice.  I always thought I was stuck with that puny little window that you could do nothing with really. (Like MapView, may it forever rest in pieces!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m