How to spice it up-without curry-Advice wanted

• How can I make this game more interesting?

• Peppercorns?

• Oh, please, you know how easily people on these forums get distracted (truly amazing sidetracks). And besides, I prefer ground pepper

• How long have you been playing?

• Ground pepper is made from fresh peppercorns BTW.

• I’ve played for a year and I was saying that i need my pepper ground

• what your looking for are house rules if people have replyed to the post i placed 10 mins ago you may check on mine :)

• Start with Weapon developments… you can use the tech developments from AA50 for the 1942 game.  (since they share the rules)

then there are some Advantages, which started in A&A Revised. 
    Also there are Objectives, which were also in A&A 50 i think.

in the house rules you’ll find different ideas on all these.

• @Keredrex:

Start with Weapon developments… you can use the tech developments from AA50 for the 1942 game.  (since they share the rules)

then there are some Advantages, which started in A&A Revised. 
    Also there are Objectives, which were also in A&A 50 i think.

in the house rules you’ll find different ideas on all these.

This is a good place to start.

Try incorporating rules from other AA games like marines from the original Pacific game and balancing it out with the Japanese rules for destroyers. You could also try using convoy routes, naval and air bases, etc. You can download a lot of the rule books from the other AA games at the Wizards of the Coast website and see what appeals to you. I am in the process of adding all of the above into my AA42 game since I do not have the room to set up the new AAG40 game.

• @skinny1:

Try incorporating rules from other AA games like marines from the original Pacific game and balancing it out with the Japanese rules for destroyers. You could also try using convoy routes, naval and air bases, etc. You can download a lot of the rule books from the other AA games at the Wizards of the Coast website and see what appeals to you. I am in the process of adding all of the above into my AA42 game since I do not have the room to set up the new AAG40 game.

That could work as long as the game isnt unbalanced. for example… using the heavy bombers rule from the original AA (3 Dice on Att and complex bombing) would unbalance this game.  or using Naval & Air bases from the newer A&A may not work cause the Land & Sea Zones are different which has alot to do with movement distance and your ability to attack or defend.  also the  cost differences may not work cause of the economy changes. 
    But if you work this out then awesome… post up your ideas

• @Cromwell_Dude:

There’s many things I could write…this site is filled with many good people…I would only add: perhaps play with 4 other people who all play weird strategies.   Do things they’re not supposed to do (all within the rules)…drives me up the wall, but really spices up the game.   Ex: people trying to invade USA or placing IC’s on a territory worth 1…Now, it’s an easy and boring game if you’re playing with 1 person doing those weird things.   It’s a whole other game, with 4 other people, including your own allies who you are dependant on, playing wild…I hope this is not too much curry for you…

One varient of that is a free-for-all. Anyone can attack anyone. Sort of like Risk.

• @Keredrex:

@skinny1:

That could work as long as the game isnt unbalanced. for example… using the heavy bombers rule from the original AA (3 Dice on Att and complex bombing) would unbalance this game.  or using Naval & Air bases from the newer A&A may not work cause the Land & Sea Zones are different which has alot to do with movement distance and your ability to attack or defend.  also the  cost differences may not work cause of the economy changes.   

Any rules from other games will have to be tweaked to fit with AA42 but the other games have some cool things to try. I am in the process of putting things together and then I will play to see how it goes. The naval bases will probably have to have the extra movement removed but can be used to make damaged ships return the base to be repaired. I am thinking of making CV 2 hit like the BB and use the AAP40 rule that fighters cannot land or take off from them if they have 1 hit. Just a little tweak that might make these 2 work to add a little spice to the game.

• @skinny1:

@Keredrex:

@skinny1:

Any rules from other games will have to be tweaked to fit with AA42 but the other games have some cool things to try. I am in the process of putting things together and then I will play to see how it goes. The naval bases will probably have to have the extra movement removed but can be used to make damaged ships return the base to be repaired. I am thinking of making CV 2 hit like the BB and use the AAP40 rule that fighters cannot land or take off from them if they have 1 hit. Just a little tweak that might make these 2 work to add a little spice to the game.

Lol, naval bases allow Japan and the Western US to invade each other, US to invade France,  Italy to invade India(if Suez is open), Japan to invade India,

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@skinny1:

@Keredrex:

@skinny1:

Lol, naval bases allow Japan and the Western US to invade each other, US to invade France,  Italy to invade India(if Suez is open), Japan to invade India,

So if I do not add naval bases then the above attacks cannot happen?

• @skinny1:

No they can its just a difference in time and capability because of positions.  I have a game we played and saved for later where i was japan … kicking @$$ in asia and with a huge fleet, part of which surrounds hawaii and i control it with men and tanks.  US had bad rolls early.  and i have the 2nd part of my fleet by Japan about to converge on hawaii or all go north to alaska.  And japan is making  $50.  I can technically offload in W. USA and have about 50% chance of taking it and keeping it, cause there is nothing in range to take it back.

• @Keredrex:

@skinny1:

No they can its just a difference in time and capability because of positions.  I have a game we played and saved for later where i was japan … kicking @$$ in asia and with a huge fleet, part of which surrounds hawaii and i control it with men and tanks.  US had bad rolls early.  and i have the 2nd part of my fleet by Japan about to converge on hawaii or all go north to alaska.  And japan is making  $50.  I can technically offload in W. USA and have about 50% chance of taking it and keeping it, cause there is nothing in range to take it back.

I was being facetious because I was responding to the previous post that sounded like if i added naval bases then the attacks listed in that post would happen. I know naval bases add extra movement but i also indicated that naval bases in AA42 should be used to repair damaged ships. The other guy obviously did not read the whole post that i wrote.

• add italy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m