• ok so it’s turn 4 and i’m Germany. There is a combined allied fleet consisting of UK: (1 Battleship, 1 AC w/ 2 fighters, 3 trnsports) and US: (1 Cru, 1 Destroyer) sitting in SZ 7. I have 6 ftgs (that all attack on a 4) a bomber, and 2 subs.

So if i attack, i’d have 2 subs, and have 7 planes rolling on 4 or less. Should i buy 3 ftgs to replace the casualties and wipe out the fleet? America has a IC in Norway but it will take atleast 2 turns to really put pressure on me. Do I save my fighters (which defend on 5) or strike while i can because this will be my only shot of taking out the fleet? because US has another Battleship coming next turn. Japan is closing in on Russia but slowly.

• Well if your doing well against Russia you might try it, but you have to do bombing raids on Norway to make a difference, but the water is not important to Germany (most of the time,) but you might think about it, so if the Eastern Front is going well you mine as well.

• Go for it. You have a pretty good chance of winning with at least 4 fighters and a bomber left over. By destroying the fleet you force the allies to rebuild the transports as well as build some protection for it. You don’t want the allies pumping troops against you if you can help it. Rather have them building ships.

• That’s a great battle, at the very least see the first cycle of combat. Wilson ran the odds and an exchange of 2 subs and 2-3 fighters is a great trade for battleship, carrier, cruiser, destroyer, 2 fighters, 3 transports. The more income the Allies spend on fleet protection, the less they can spend effectively against Germany.

• I definitely agree with the other opinions. Their losses will outweigh yours, and buy you valuable time in which Japan will be killing Russia. Once Russia is out of the picture, you’re golden.

If the game has already finished, I’m sure we would all love to know how it went for you! ^^

• @Jaycawbz:

If the game has already finished, I’m sure we would all love to know how it went for you! ^^

I agree.

• use a battle calculator and use fighters(at least 10 of them)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m