Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• 6000lbs? Wow that is a lot of axis and allies pieces.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@supermestizo:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@GoSanchez6:

Tomorrow is the 20th where do we stand on these pieces.

Very Good news….  FOR REAL this time…   :-D

Hi

When will the italian units ship? Or wasn’t it very good news this time either?, for real!

The Good News is REAL.  They are completed…  They are REALITY…  Not just a dream anymore…   Not just a “maybe IF”…    The factory actually pulled through.

We are just waiting on them to ship to us, so we can fill our pre-orders.

Not sure if you have ever shipped 6 full skids weighing over 1000 lbs from China?  Not easy or fast.  We are working with a Freight forwarding company to get them here ASAP.

Hi

GREAT! Really looking forward for these Italian Units! Awesome !

• '10

A little education for you folks.  I used to import about 3 to 4 tons of airsoft BBs about every 1-1/2 months from Japan.  It used to take and average of 4 weeks but after Homeland Security implemented new procedures for importing it increased it to6-8 weeks on average.  That’s getting it to the US.  Then it has to go through customs.  It takes about 3 to 7 days on average if all goes well.

FMG, I don’t know if have a customs broker or not but I would strongly encourage you to get one if you don’t.  If you run into any snafus, they can be very helpful and can save you a lot of time, headaches and possibly money.

Also ask to never have your items shipped with food.  On a couple of occasions I had my BBs held up for over 2 weeks because it was shipped in a container with food.  The assshole who owned the food forgot to submit his paper work to customs so they quarantined the whole container.  They wouldn’t release my stuff even though it was plastic.

If you need any help in this area, feel free to contact me.

Back to shipping.  Once the cargo is release it can take 1 to 7 days for it to arrive depending how far you live from the port it arrived at.

So in short if all goes well, you can have it at your door in 4 weeks.  If not, 8 weeks or more.

• Nice! I’ll sort my pre-order tomorrow. I love your Italian miniatures, excellent molds.

• 747 Freighter?

• '12

WOOHOO!  Getting waaarrrrrrmmmmmer!

• '10

@Black:

A little education for you folks.  I used to import about 3 to 4 tons of airsoft BBs about every 1-1/2 months from Japan.  It used to take and average of 4 weeks but after Homeland Security implemented new procedures for importing it increased it to6-8 weeks on average.  That’s getting it to the US.  Then it has to go through customs.  It takes about 3 to 7 days on average if all goes well.

FMG, I don’t know if have a customs broker or not but I would strongly encourage you to get one if you don’t.  If you run into any snafus, they can be very helpful and can save you a lot of time, headaches and possibly money.

Also ask to never have your items shipped with food.  On a couple of occasions I had my BBs held up for over 2 weeks because it was shipped in a container with food.  The assshole who owned the food forgot to submit his paper work to customs so they quarantined the whole container.  They wouldn’t release my stuff even though it was plastic.

Back to shipping.  Once the cargo is release it can take 1 to 7 days for it to arrive depending how far you live from the port it arrived at.

So in short if all goes well, you can have it at your door in 4 weeks.  If not, 8 weeks or more.

Thanks.  We do have a Customs Broker and I import product regularly for my other business.    This is just from a different region and getting things straight between the factory/warehouse and our Freight forwarder is taking a few extra days. (EVERYTHING over there takes longer than estimated)

There is a Chinese National Holiday from Oct 1st - 7th, so we are working hard to get the product moving BEFORE that holiday.

• Customizer

@trackmagic:

6000lbs? Wow that is a lot of axis and allies pieces.

Don’t forget, this shipment also includes the new France and ANZAC combat dice.  That is probably where most of the weight is.

• '10

@knp7765:

@trackmagic:

6000lbs? Wow that is a lot of axis and allies pieces.

Don’t forget, this shipment also includes the new France and ANZAC combat dice.  That is probably where most of the weight is.

Correct.  And there are a few other surprises on there.

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Black:

Thanks.  We do have a Customs Broker and I import product regularly for my other business.    This is just from a different region and getting things straight between the factory/warehouse and our Freight forwarder is taking a few extra days. (EVERYTHING over there takes longer than estimated)

There is a Chinese National Holiday from Oct 1st - 7th, so we are working hard to get the product moving BEFORE that holiday.

Roger that.

I hope they get their ass moving before the 1st then.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

Correct.  And there are a few other surprises on there.

Lord Almighty!  You’re gonna give me an aneurysm obsessing about these things :-P.

• i just died…__

• @cminke:

i just died…__

This raises a philosophical question: when an A&A combat piece enthusiat dies, does he rest in piece?

• @CWO:

@cminke:

i just died…__

This raises a philosophical question: when an A&A combat piece enthusiat dies, does he rest in piece?

File it.

• '12

@CWO:

@cminke:

i just died…__

HILARIOUS!  LMAO!

• ……@CWO:

……YES.

many MANY pieces!

• '10

Ok, here is the HONEST low down.

I can now say 100%… no going back…  CONFIRMED…

This product IS ready, Will be shipping in the month of October, And it is REALLY REALLY COOL!  I just got the first full set and to see all 150 of them in their glory is something to behold!

Our Freight Company will be picking up the Goods from the factory on Oct 9-10th.  There will be about a 5 day transit time, then we will be shipping like mad.

The Battle is finally over, we are now nearing the Victory we have fought so hard for, for the last 16 months+

• v.o.c.o.f.u day is ALMOST here(victory over china over FMG units)

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Ok, here is the HONEST low down.

I can now say 100%… no going back…  CONFIRMED…

This product IS ready, Will be shipping in the month of October, And it is REALLY REALLY COOL!  I just got the first full set and to see all 150 of them in their glory is something to behold!

Our Freight Company will be picking up the Goods from the factory on Oct 9-10th.  There will be about a 5 day transit time, then we will be shipping like mad.

The Battle is finally over, we are now nearing the Victory we have fought so hard for, for the last 16 months+

Careful, don’t jinx yourself. The ship may capsize from a typhoon and sink:) I think at this point people understand how at this point it is beyond your control and don’t expect any promises. I would hate for another round of “you said this and now this happened” blah blah.

Congratulations on getting past major production hurdles though!

• Customizer

Awesome.  Hope the chinamen at least slipped a thank you note in there…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m