• Hmm weird.  Thanks for your help :)

• @Sgt.:

Hmm weird.  Thanks for your help :)

Rule change from Revised. :)

• Is that realistic? If you were flying over a country with anti aircraft guns in real life, wouldn’t they fire at you?

• Official Q&A

@Sgt.:

Is that realistic? If you were flying over a country with anti aircraft guns in real life, wouldn’t they fire at you?

They would if you were flying low enough for them to hit you.  Typically, planes would fly at a higher altitude on the way to a target than they would over the target itself.

• Will an AA gun fire on a plane that flies over it during combat phase, if its not attacking the territory that the AA gun is in?

• Official Q&A

No.

• Question 1. Can a tank blitz through an enemy territory, load on a transport, then be part of an amphibious assault?

Question 2. Is using the ability of a destroyer to enable planes to attack subs required? For context, I found myself in a position as Germany to destroy the allied fleet in the Atlantic, mostly by using planes. UK had several subs and I didn’t really want to attack them as they would be fodder for an aircraft carrier and a battleship. At the same time I wanted to bring in my ships as fodder. If I bring in a destroyer can I somehow opt out of his ability to reveal subs to my air?

• Official Q&A

1.  No.  Units may not move before loading onto a transport or after unloading from one.

2.  It is not optional.

• @Krieghund:

1.  No.  Units may not move before loading onto a transport or after unloading from one.

2.  It is not optional.

For number 1, Oh really, we had always played they could walk up to a transport area. That certainly changes a lot. I was only really questioning the ability to blitz then transport.

• Official Q&A

Many people miss that rule, so I usually mention it in situations like this.

• So what version is better. Larry Harris 1.3 or 2.0  I asked on revise post but got no response.

• Map question:

Does SEA zone 3 touch Karelia?

Thanks

• Official Q&A

No.

• Came up with an interesting scenario happened in a game last night.

G1 I killed UK battleship. I placed my destroyer and a sub in sea zone 3. Because I wasn’t sure on the semantics of the rules I warned the UK player- “if you try to transport into Norway your transport will auto-die”.

My reasoning being,

If I had just brought the destroyer, the UK player would have a chance to kill it with his planes and amphibious assault. If I had only brought the sub, he could ignore it and land. Since I brought both, he engages battles with the destroyer, bringing the sub into the battle. Since the planes can’t hit the subs, the subs get to shoot all day until the transport dies or retreats.

Was I right in this rule interpretation? Or does the battle end when the destroyer dies? Seems like an odd situation that may not have captured the intent of the rules.

• Official Q&A

Your interpretation is correct.

• Customizer

still waiting for that online rulebook……
    someone has a pdf somewhere in hasbro… can you tell the lazy guy to upload it please?

• @Veqryn:

still waiting for that online rulebook……
    someone has a pdf somewhere in hasbro… can you tell the lazy guy to upload it please?

Check page one, this thread

• I’m flooding this thing with questions it seems

If an ally (say US), builds an IC in a axis country (say Norway), then the axis retake it, then another ally retakes it (such as UK). Does the IC belong then to US or UK?

Thanks again.

• Official Q&A

@Mr.Biggg:

If an ally (say US), builds an IC in a axis country (say Norway), then the axis retake it, then another ally retakes it (such as UK). Does the IC belong then to US or UK?

UK.

• @Mr.Biggg:

Came up with an interesting scenario happened in a game last night.

G1 I killed UK battleship. I placed my destroyer and a sub in sea zone 3. Because I wasn’t sure on the semantics of the rules I warned the UK player- “if you try to transport into Norway your transport will auto-die”.

My reasoning being,

If I had just brought the destroyer, the UK player would have a chance to kill it with his planes and amphibious assault. If I had only brought the sub, he could ignore it and land. Since I brought both, he engages battles with the destroyer, bringing the sub into the battle. Since the planes can’t hit the subs, the subs get to shoot all day until the transport dies or retreats.

Was I right in this rule interpretation? Or does the battle end when the destroyer dies? Seems like an odd situation that may not have captured the intent of the rules.

This interpretation doesn’t seem correct.  As soon as the UK planes take out the German destroyer, the sz is no longer hostile (despite the presence of the sub), thereby clearing the way for the UK amphibious assault … correct?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m