• Customizer

More cards.

The panel at the bottom will be explained in my suggested inheritance rules.

Highlights, though, the effects of having fief value determined solely by terrain:

Wales, a rain soaked wilderness without a single town of any consequence is worth twice as much as Burgundy, one of the richest provinces of France…

Anyhow, the idea is that a player arranges the fief cards in front of him to keep track of which fiefs (and nobles) he controls. They can also be used as convenient army cards, i.e. you can stack large groups of units here with just the noble commanding them needing to be placed on the board.

I’m also thinking about another Kingmaker idea - Office Cards.  There’d only be 3 or 4 for each Kingdom; say a Marshal, Constable and Admiral.  Though Germany wouldn’t have much use for an Admiral to start with…

Maybe this is one area which can reflect the “National Characteristics” IL was mentioning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constable_of_France

WessexFiefv2.PNG
    BurgundyFiefv2.PNG

• Customizer

Corrected Wessex Arms

WessexFief4p.PNG

• Customizer

King Cards, Italy is a fiction, so which arms?  These are of Savoy, but really don’t belong before 1870.

WOEkingsA.PNG

• Customizer

Next lot.  Not at all certain of the Muslim heraldry; Saladin’s banner if variously shown as yellow or orange, and may be a personal flag rather than symbol of the Ayyubid state.  I have nothing for the Seljuks which pre-dates the Ottoman Empire.

WOEkingsB.PNG

• What was Vlad the impaler’s coat of arms?

• Customizer

A dragon with a cross above it.

But he’s 15th century, which is a very different game, as the feudal system was all but dead by 1300.

Meanwhile, these are the French fiefs I’ve decided on:

Yet to decide on sub-fiefs, but I won’t be limited by the terrain system.  Isle de France will also have Paris, which is worth extra as a major city.

These arms are based on a date of 1200.

The ancient arms of Brittany took some finding.

WOEFrancex2.PNG

• Customizer

@Flashman:

A dragon with a cross above it.

But he’s 15th century, which is a very different game, as the feudal system was all but dead by 1300.

Meanwhile, these are the French fiefs I’ve decided on:

Yet to decide on sub-fiefs, but I won’t be limited by the terrain system.  Isle de France will also have Paris, which is worth extra as a major city.

These arms are based on a date of 1200.

The ancient arms of Brittany took some finding.

When I paint my set, I’m going to used these for shields.

• @Imperious:

What was Vlad the impaler’s coat of arms?

Count Dracula?

• Customizer

Worked on Spain today.

Frustratingly there are no usable arms for the provinces held by the Moors.  I have no information on Muslim flags and arms, and such Spanish coats as are listed all date from way after this period and are in any case far too complicated to draw.

Have to make something up, for Andalusia.

Also, Aragon, Barcelona and Valencia all seem to have used the same coat with no differencing. Swine.

@WOESpain1new.PNG

• Customizer

King John’s fiefs, held in demesne.

EngKingDem.PNG

• Customizer

British fiefs.

Not too happy with these; the territories are anachronistic and the heraldry largely fiction.

But English counties are just too small for a reasonable map.

I’m compiling a file of rules suggestions for expansions/remakes including my inheritance system.  Will send this to conquest, then probably post it here sometime.

Would like suggestion on:

Mongols
    Ships (I don’t care for the shipping lanes idea.)
    Cities
    Thinking of adding the cities named here:

http://www.mcah.columbia.edu/medmil/images/non_met_images/maps/PenguinMaps/1750/pg73.jpg

using mighty empires city pieces.  I will probably use the ME fortress pieces, which have convenient flagpoles.

Equivalent 1212 political map:

http://www.learn.columbia.edu/medmil/pages/non-mma-pages/maps/penguinpg69.html

@WOEBritain1.PNG

• Customizer

Der Adlingen von der Erstes Deutsches Reich

Same arms for Burgundy and Brandenburg, unfortunately.

And those damned Barcelona stripes crop up again.

Mat just be room for a “Duchy of Westphalia”; or to transfer the Guelphs back to Saxony (Brunswick). My set up is based on 1201, but it’s difficult to track the various fragments of greater Saxony after 1180.

GermanyFiefs.PNG

• Customizer

Italy and Poland proving very hard work, so I tried something else tonight.

@WOECrusaders.PNG

• Just picked up my copy of Warlords of Europe today. Looks great.

• Customizer

Update on HRE Cards.

Still trying to find the arms for the Bosonid Counts of Provence, if anyone can help. (I don’t want to use the Barcelona arms as these are already assigned to Aragon).

@NewGermany.PNG

• Isn’t this a bit overboard?

Who would use all of these coats of arms in a game?

You went from Roundels to Coats of Arms without missing a beat.

• @Imperious:

Isn’t this a bit overboard?

Who would use all of these coats of arms in a game?

You went from Roundels to Coats of Arms without missing a beat.

What are you guys making the super duper deluxe advanced Warlords of Europe?

• Customizer

That’s the idea.

Anyhow I’m presently doing cards for the official map.  These have many uses; unless you’ve seen the rules for these you won’t appreciate what they can add to the game.

Remember they’re intended for a more historical simulation; if you want medieval Risk play the game OOTB.

• @Brain:

Just picked up my copy of Warlords of Europe today. Looks great.

And how does it play?

• I haven’t played it yet. I was hoping someone else would give me a review.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m