Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I am stunned by AA42.  It is just a rehash of basic AA with AA50 units.  What a missed opportunity.

AA consists of rules, a map, and units.  AA players can supply better maps and rules with abundance, and have done so.  WOTC maintains its market position solely by its monopoly on supplying quality units bundled with its uninventive rules and maps.  Once FMG starts selling its units, the game is over for WOTC.  There is nothing exclusive left to offer.  I may buy AA42 out of nostalgia, but I wonder if I will ever play it.

• AA consists of rules, a map, and units.  AA players can supply better maps and rules with abundance, and have done so.  WOTC maintains its market position solely by its monopoly on supplying quality units bundled with its uninventive rules and maps.  Once FMG starts selling its units, the game is over for WOTC.  There is nothing exclusive left to offer.

exactly!  FMG will set the new standard for quality. With its own pieces it can easily make its own games: Barbarossa, France 40, African Campaign, etc…The door is now wide open.

• I agree with much of the sentiment about the AA42 pieces, very yawn.

As i have nearly finished painting my aa50 set I will be eagerly awaiting the FMG pieces. Until then I am thinking of pimping out a few more of my board games as the experience of paiting aa50 has been so much fun. Looks like my Battlestar Gallactica is going to be done next…… or perhaps i may get a copy of War of the Ring.

So FMG, get those pieces rolling!

• … or perhaps i may get a copy of War of the Ring.

They are making a painted piece version of this game by Nexus. The box is wood. High quality. buy it.

• @Imperious:

… or perhaps i may get a copy of War of the Ring.

They are making a painted piece version of this game by Nexus. The box is wood. High quality. buy it.

Prepainted takes all the fun out :)

I’ll have a look though!

Really keen on these FMG pieces, the one thing that beats high quality pieces, is high quality painted pieces

• @Imperious:

FMG please save the Axis and Allies fans from mediocrity and bring us the quality we will pay for and enjoy much better!

Amen to that!

• '10

UPDATE

As you all know this is a HUGE undertaking for a SMALL company but we are still moving ahead.  I am sorry it has taken so long but we were starting from scratch and had NO IDEA what we were getting into.  I can promise that once this is completed, FMG COMBAT UNITS will be the GOLD STANDARD for any serious AAA or WW2 wargamer.

So far…

Originally we were collecting Sculpts to copy but we have now upped the ante!  We have a graphic designer from Romania who is creating digital 3D sculpts to be made into our molds for BETTER quality and GREATER DETAIL!  We are no longer held up by waiting or searching for sculpts and can create ANY unit we want, so EACH NATION will have unique units!!!

And…

The set will contain SO MANY UNITS that it can not fit into one sprite/mold so we are going to release them in parts and eventually release as a complete set.  At the beginning of this project we were going to do ITALY in its entirety first and use the sales to fund the next nations as we go…  this however limits the market to AA50 players only.  We have decided to release the ENTIRE NAVAL line up first in one kit, and release the land units in a second release.

This will give all of us something to use sooner and for every nation.

Sound good?

• great news, mate

• '10

SWEET! :-D

• sounds bloody brilliant

• Great idea!

• Very good plan!!!    :-D

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We have decided to release the ENTIRE NAVAL line up first in one kit….

Great news!
    Now do you have a price tag in mind and expected release date?  :wink:

• '22

Very good news, can’t wait :-)

• '10

@allboxcars:

@FieldMarshalGames:

We have decided to release the ENTIRE NAVAL line up first in one kit….

Great news!
    Now do you have a price tag in mind and expected release date?  :wink:

We are trying to keep the cost as low as possible.  The aim is $60 for the complete set.  I will have more to share in the weeks to come as it is now moving forward at a much faster pace.

• Field Marshal,

I am very pleased to hear this announcement.  I hope I can afford two sets.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We have decided to release the ENTIRE NAVAL line up first in one kit, and release the land units in a second release.

Pure genius, but it is even better news that you now have the ability to create your own sculpts.

Do you mind realisng the ship classes you are considering for each nation and unit, so we can give you feedback.

• Larry has just confirmed 2 new games both revamped AA Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940

He claims new pieces in these games…So they will add some new pieces

• '10

@Imperious:

Larry has just confirmed 2 new games both revamped AA Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940

He claims new pieces in these games…So they will add some new pieces

Let me know what you can find out so that these can be included if I get the information in time.

Thanks

• '10

Quote from Larry Harris

“You were pretty right about Pacific/Europe … Actually they are: Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis & Allies Europe 1940. I think you called them Revised Pacific and Europe. They are so NOT revised. These are self standing enlarged games each dealing with either the war in Europe/Africa or the war in Asia/Pacific. I think you’ll like them. Did I say “Think”?
    Actually I’m trying to find out where you’re getting your information from. I’ll have to have him shot of course. I’m sure you understand”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m