• Customizer

Here is a folding game/poker table that I built for Axis & Allies. Quite a few hours and dollars to put together and it being my first table, I think it turned out pretty good! Now I don’t have AA50 but I did, with time and effort, make my own version. The map was printed to 28x48" (map was created by Imperious Leader that I downloaded…Thanks IL!) and I even went as far to make the combat board, National production/research chart and the nation cards. I repainted the pieces so they match because I don’t have AA50 and had to mix pieces together to replicate it. I must say it turned out well and it was a lot of fun!

• '10

Sweet!

• I love what you’ve done here. I too don’t have AA50 but I see what you’ve done and can’t help but think this is a great alternative! Do you mind sharing how you did this? Did you take an existing poker table and build on that or did you start from scratch?

• This is really nice!

I wish WOTC made something like this with cup holders and drawers for pieces.

But it’s alot better if you do it yourself!

• Customizer

@Broker:

I love what you’ve done here. I too don’t have AA50 but I see what you’ve done and can’t help but think this is a great alternative! Do you mind sharing how you did this? Did you take an existing poker table and build on that or did you start from scratch?

Nope, made it from scratch!  Well, the design is based around how you would build a poker table but I made some changes of course.  The insert is 28"x46" and inserted a map I got from IL…Thanks IL!  I printed the map at a print shop.  The racetrack is 6" wide all around the table with 3" cup holders and the arm rest are 4" wide with a 1" thick foam padding under the vinyl.  Wrapping the vinyl around those tight corners were a pain though.

• That is sweet.  I would love to have something like that.  (Although the ping pong table is working well)

• wow i think i want to get the anniversary adition now….

what comes with the anniversary adition more stuff then the other one?

• @Tbone36:

wow i think i want to get the anniversary adition now….

what comes with the anniversary adition more stuff then the other one?

A much bigger board, some slightly different rules (which I believe all transfered over to spring 1942 edition?) and a much nicer presentation (boxes for each countries pieces, paper money, stuff like that).

• @Tbone36:

Good luck unless they make new copies. I saw one at a game store recently in a brown cardboard box(as if it had been shipped in) with an 8.5 X 11 paper taped on for the cover art selling for $250 American.

• @Fleetwood:

@Tbone36:

Good luck unless they make new copies. I saw one at a game store recently in a brown cardboard box(as if it had been shipped in) with an 8.5 X 11 paper taped on for the cover art selling for $250 American.

Ugh yes.  They’re going up over $300 on EBay too … insanity i tell you!

• Customizer

Or you can just download the rulebook from the WOTC site, grab extra units (from other or older games), paint them to match, print a map out created by Imperious Leader and you should be on your way.

This is what I did any way.  Although I went as far as to recreate the Combat board, IPC chart and National Objective/Setup Charts.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m