Quick and easy solution to tac bombers

• or small papers?

• @Frontovik:

or small papers?

possibly

but ya gotta admire their focus and work ethic. Tell them to do a job and they’re on it.

• i was planning on using pennies or something like that to mark japaneeze tac fighters
    you could use bottons or realy anything small and abundent  :-D

• Just….buy…one…more…copy…of…the…game

• @Razor:

:evil:
    Just….buy…one…more…copy…of…the…game

how bout no!!!
    i for one am on a limited income and can not afford two games. :?

i would rather save that money for AAE40 :mrgreen:

• @Razor:

Just….buy…one…more…copy…of…the…game

That is there plan, they will do a 2nd printing with everything correct (rulebook, startup boxes, etc) but for 65 MSRP instead of 90 due to ‘economics of scale’ reducing the cost to make it and everyone will buy it just for more plastic and correct components.

• Razor’s solution is probably the dumbest of all

• @Omega:

Razor’s solution is probably the dumbest of all

Correct.

• @Omega:

That probably put you on sombody’s smite list.

But, unfortunately any satisfactory solution will end up costing money.

• @Brain:

@Omega:

That probably put you on sombody’s smite list.

But it also probably put Omega on more people’s applaud list!

• Anyway, I haven’t bothered to look into it but - from the pile of A&A games already out there - isn’t there any other Japanese AC sculpt that looks like neither the AAP40 ftr nor the AAP40 bmr that could augment the tac bmr count without breaking out chisels, sandpaper, duct tape etc.?

• I paint my pieces.  Since I have other copies of A&A games I can paint some Japanese fighters J-Navy Green with a red stripe near the tail and red dots on the wings and call them Tac Bombers.  Later, I plan to pick up a set of 1:700 Jap navy bomber planes from the hobby store and paint them.  I will use my painted bombers as the Navy planes and use the provided bombers for land Tac Bombers.  I know this solution doesn’t work for many other people.  I’m just throwing it out there for folks to consider.

Similarly, I like the idea of getting my hands on some Monopoly hotels and painting them to be my minor ICs.

I agree with everyone that not having enough Tac Bombers for the game at the start it a gross oversite.  Let’s hear it for FMG.

Merry Christmas fellows.

• Happy Holidays To All!!

My temporary solution (until FMG releases their units) is the following:

I purchased two packages ($3.28/package of 4) of the D3AVal Dive Bomber from Brookhurst Hobbies (http://www.brookhursthobbies.com - Item #424) and painted the wings with FolkArt #433 Terra Cotta acrylic paint from Wal-Mart ($1.50).  The Val is just sightly smaller than the game Japanese tactical bomber but is larger than the Japanese fighter.  I personally like it because it fits on the carrier quite easily.  It comes with landing struts but these have to be glued on and I’m just too lazy to do that.  :-D  Not sure how long the paint will last before chipping but it should work until the FMG release (I’m hoping).  The Vals are cast metal and could actually be used ‘as is’ if there are no other unpainted units in the game.  I have attached a few pics below.  Please excuse their poor quality as my iPhone camera is not real good on close-ups.  In the pictures, the Val is in the top-middle and left-middle respectively, surrounded by the game-supplied planes.

VAL 1.jpg
    VAL 2.jpg

• I like the above solution the best.  A +1 to Hellmet.

• @Brain:

I like the above solution the best.  A +1 to Hellmet.

He’s done some nice work.
    Although my cheap & lazy disposition rebels at doing it myself.

It beats the other option: swiping Razor’s tac since he’s intent on buying more copies of the game anyway.

• Yeah maybe Razor will buy us all an extra copy for Christmas.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Happy Holidays Everyone! I hope all have a very enjoyable X-mass tonight. For me, we’re having the in-laws over for this evening, so my boys & I setting the new game up on the dining room table probably won’t be an option.  :wink: Unless we want a lump of coal in our stocking tomorrow morning. So we’ll’ have to impatiently wait for tomorrow night.

I’ve dug out some AA Guns and IC’s from some old games and I’m gonna paint a set of IC’s to represent the minor IC’s.
    We’ve also used the paper money in this game. Much more user freindly gaming w/ these minor adjustments. Kind of completes the whole A&A “atmoshpere” and feel if you know what I mean. Other than that, this game is an apsolute roit! I see more games this week as I’m on holiday from work till the 4th!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Just use RED bombers from the first Pacific as Tac bombers. The scale is right, and it makes distinguishing them in the field ALOT easier.  Helpful, considering they are a new unit, and to be effective require alot of movement Maximization.

As for Complex’s I was just going to use old ones. and paint some with RED paint, or put a RED chip under the Major complexes

you can also use 6 RED fgt’s in Japan from original pacific for Kamikazies.

NO cutting, and NO cost involved.  Unless you weren’t a REAL fan, and didn’t but the Pacific copy that had red pieces.

• @Gargantua:

Just use RED bombers from the first Pacific as Tac bombers. The scale is right, and it makes distinguishing them in the field ALOT easier.  Helpful, considering they are a new unit, and to be effective require alot of movement Maximization.

As for Complex’s I was just going to use old ones. and paint some with RED paint, or put a RED chip under the Major complexes

you can also use 6 RED fgt’s in Japan from original pacific for Kamikazies.

NO cutting, and NO cost involved.  Unless you weren’t a REAL fan, and didn’t but the Pacific copy that had red pieces.

Great Idea, best idea next to the minatures.  I’m going to bust out my copies of the Old Pacific.  Thanks Gargantua!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m