Is the promised Reprint of AA50 actually AAP40 and AAE40???

• Brain Damaged,

Yes we know that, Questioneer was vital in starting the AA50 reprint drive (if not single handedly kept the drive alive at the various AA forums).

We want to know when?

Also it can be possible that the chimps at WotC/AH might have asked the boss:

WotC/AH Chimp: Screech, screech (translated “Hey boss, there’s a drive at the various forum asking WotC/AH to reprint AA50?  How do you want us to respond?”)

Boss Chimp: Scratch, screech (translated "Tell them it will be reprinted if it gets them off our backs, I can deal with fleas but not people.  Hey can you get the flea on my back?)

WotC/AH Chimp: Scratch, scratch (translated “Good idea boss. With the new AAP40 and AAE40 coming out soon, they might forget about it.  After all AAP40+AAE40 = AA50 Deluxe.  Can I eat the flea off your back?”)

Man thats hit the nail on the head so hard you may have tilted the Earth. That is exactly how they behave. Word for word.

• The problem is if they read this forum they’ll get so pissed they ditch the reprint

• Adler has a point, and I’m looking forward to the prospect of a reprint very much.

• '10

The problem is if they read this forum they’ll get so pissed they ditch the reprint

they don’t read their own forums

• yea they can’t even read unless its a D$D map on parchment. But they sure know about ‘saving rolls’ and which magic spell is greater than another.

• @Adlertag:

The problem is if they read this forum they’ll get so pissed they ditch the reprint

So what are you saying? Should we be kissing monkey butt?

• @Brain:

That is how the adult world works. Look kid, I was married for many years, and if I wantet something, I had to kiss my old lady’s butt. Lets just forgett about pride, and do what it takes to get this reprint, even if our tounges get brown.

• @johnnymarr:

Nice!

that post was from a volunteer on the forum, right?  Not a paid position that would necessarily be in the inner circle of Wizards.  My question would be, Has Larry said it?  Has Krieghund said it?  Have they posted in on the AH website?  no, wait, that wouldn’t happen until after the reprint sold out would it….

• Questioneer had it posted on LH’s forum so he is aware of it, also LH suggested it!

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1792&start=40

But all kidding aside, Adlertag is right.

I’m ready and puckered, who’s ass do we have to kiss to make this happen!

@murraymoto:

@johnnymarr:

Nice!

that post was from a volunteer on the forum, right?  Not a paid position that would necessarily be in the inner circle of Wizards.  My question would be, Has Larry said it?  Has Krieghund said it?  Have they posted in on the AH website?  no, wait, that wouldn’t happen until after the reprint sold out would it….

• Hey guys,

Just contacted WOTC by phone and by email trying to get an update to this question of a confirmation date.  I had a good conversation on the phone with the rep but unfortunately he could not answer (or at least wasn’t at liberty to say) when a confirmation date for the reprint was.  He would not deny or confirm anything- whether a reprint was on the way and/or if AAP40 and AAE40 was a limited edition.

Still waiting for the e-mail response.  I kindly voice my opinion along with others about the lack of attention at the AH website and how it never was this way before (like back when Revised came out in 2004).  I thanked him for his time anyway and the conversation closed well.

However- no answers though.  Larry has acknowledged our desire for a reprint of AA50 with a foldable board and refreshed sculpts like in AA42 (put these requests in the e-mail too).  So I know he knows.  Maybe he can pull some strings???

Guess we just gotta wait…  :-(

Knowing the Senior VCL at AH/WotC who announced the “official word” for the reprint, I have every reason to believe that he is telling the truth.  If you read his posts, he seems very cooperative.

Here’s to hoping.
    :-)

• @Adlertag:

@Brain:

That is how the adult world works. Look kid, I was married for many years, and if I wantet something, I had to kiss my old lady’s butt. Lets just forgett about pride, and do what it takes to get this reprint, even if our tounges get brown.

Who are you calling kid? I know full well how the adult world works. Apparently all that butt kissing on your wife didn’t work since you refer to your marriage in the past tense.

• He is making a joke. He does this all the time. His jokes come from some guy named frog where everything comes from.

• @questioneer:

Hey guys,

Just contacted WOTC by phone and by email trying to get an update to this question of a confirmation date.  I had a good conversation on the phone with the rep but unfortunately he could not answer (or at least wasn’t at liberty to say) when a confirmation date for the reprint was.  He would not deny or confirm anything- whether a reprint was on the way and/or if AAP40 and AAE40 was a limited edition.

Still waiting for the e-mail response.  I kindly voice my opinion along with others about the lack of attention at the AH website and how it never was this way before (like back when Revised came out in 2004).  I thanked him for his time anyway and the conversation closed well.

However- no answers though.  Larry has acknowledged our desire for a reprint of AA50 with a foldable board and refreshed sculpts like in AA42 (put these requests in the e-mail too).  So I know he knows.  Maybe he can pull some strings???

Guess we just gotta wait…  :-(

Knowing the Senior VCL at AH/WotC who announced the “official word” for the reprint, I have every reason to believe that he is telling the truth.  If you read his posts, he seems very cooperative.

Here’s to hoping.

Got the e-mail response…

My question by e-mail:

"Hi, just wondering if their is a confirmed date for the AA50 Reprint. Several of the petitions I created for it have been continuing to grow sharply since the announcement of the future releases of “Axis and Allies Pacific 1940” and “Axis and Allies Europe 1940”.

A reprint was promised by WOTC management on June 17th, 2009 via an official word via the AH forums.

When the reprint occurs, voters are asking for:

Refreshed sculpts like the ones in the recent AA1942 game (very nice)
    and a Foldable game board along with updated rulebook that includes the FAQs and Errata.

Can we get some kind of confirmation date or estimation on when a reprint may happen???

Thank you for your time and patience"

The response:

"At this time, all that’s been told to customer service is that we intend to do a reprint, but we do not have any further information beyond that at this time. I’ll gladly pass along your request for more information, however.

Thanks, and Good Gaming!

Josh
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST"

So by this, I guess it is a done deal as far as the reprint, but a date has not been confirmed yet.  I’m gonna take a guess that the reprint of AA50 with refreshed sculpts, updated rules and foldable board will be Fall of 2010- after the AAP40 and AAE40 have come out.

• "At this time, all that’s been told to customer service is that we intend to do a reprint

Saying that you intend to do sometning is not the same thing as saying that you are going to do something.

My daddy always told me, “Son, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

• @Brain:

"At this time, all that’s been told to customer service is that we intend to do a reprint

Saying that you intend to do sometning is not the same thing as saying that you are going to do something.

My daddy always told me, “Son, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

The Reprint seems pretty confirmed here according to our Forum/WOTC contact person who has been really helpful.  Just don’t have a date yet.

Lastest update as of a couple of days ago:
    http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75890/19941854/A38A_50_Reprint_Update?num=10&pg=6

• Good work as always Questioneer but telling you that you do not have a date is still not a confirmation.
    Everything thet say is carefully worded so that they still have an out. I have been sown this road to many times before.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m