ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game

• What is the purpose of the entire Russian air force in Kansu? Seems difficult to achieve anything that they couldn’t do based in another more-strategic location such as Moscow. Perhaps only send a fighter and tac to support the mech if you are doing that attack in Suiyuyan.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

4.21.22abh.tsvg

i agree

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Why leave 8 inf in Belarus to get whacked?
    Defend Novgorod? Rather hopeless since he has more ground troops.
    Block E. Poland blitz? Why? Who cares about Smolensk and Archangel?
    Perhaps it would be good to put 8 inf in Vologda to act as a backstop if he does try and blitz deeply. 8 inf + 3 mech + 1 tank + 5 ftrs and tac will make short work of that incursion.

The Siberian forces are at risk. Amur is not safe. 5inf + 3 ftrs + 3 sb would make short work of them. I would pull back to Buryatia or Sakha.

The Mid siberian forces also did not move. Keep them coming.

I don’t know what to say about the Far East mobile units. I like the idea of being able to cover Yunnan again if Japan gets distracted from the fight by the DEI and the US. But don’t really need more artillery, just the NO, which we should have for awhile. However, Sikang seems like a nice target for the 3 bombers. But maybe not, Japan is not settled yet, and the bombers can sb India this round for probably better return on investment.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Also, we do need the ANZAC blocker.
    There are 4 more aircraft from Siam that can add to the fight (along with 2 CVs in SZ6 that can catch the Java ftrs)
    This tips the balance sufficiently to allow 1 CV + 2 ftrs + 2 tipped BB + a few others that are probably ftrs that land elsewhere, but could try to keep a CA.

I did edit the US transport.
    Vologda-option.tsvg

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

4.27.22r3.tsvg final answer. who said the russian turn would be easy?

• @crockett36 ready for Japan?

• @crockett36 4.27.22j3.tsvg

pressure is on India

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

ideas4allies3.tsvg

So the move to Caroline is to fight for the initiative. The Brits in 97 is convoy Italy which will succeed and then take out G planes which it might succeed in doing.

I’m still thinking the Bid placement should be to assist turn 1,2 china, turn 3 calcutta, turn 6 moscow instead of helping to keep the navy.

• @crockett36 secondthoughts.tsvg

This US move is much better. Time for China to move forward I think. We could go to Kweichow. That makes him go out of his way to get us on our way to the coast.
    Let’s make him fight for it instead of just letting him roll into INDIA.

I’m tempted to drop the ships in 109 into 110 or even 91. Make him roll the dice. Give him too many targets. Gib is an annoying parlor trick I think. I’m trying to not over react but build a force that will conquer inexorably.

But logistics in Africa demands full investment. I feel rather positive about pulling at Japan from 3 different directions.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

US should activate Brazil. Extra money on a turn we aren’t doing much. Even if airbase is bought on Gibraltar, can’t get the lone transport.
    Send with just one art so numbers are even, and the 2 inf can fill new boats
    Then don’t need inf + art to fill the new boats (use 2 inf + 2 mech)
    7 bucks on sub and upgrade one ftr to tac.

But this buy does not put pressure on Gibraltar (especially since the UK isn’t coming). Need 5 loaded transports next turn with 2 Canadians coming to sweep up the remainder. The US attack will likely fail, but have positive TUV, the Brits will destroy remaining units, and yea! The Luftwaffe is gone.

Keep the original buy, trade out 1 ftr = 1 transport + 1 inf. Put everything in Atlantic.
    Yeah, Japan will rage…J4 takedown of India…But China is a threat, and we still have time to build up. Some of this Atlantic buy can go to Pacific once the threat of Gibraltar is neutralized.

He could bring the bombers as cannon fodder to hold for another turn. To which, we say more troops, and yea, the Luftwaffe is isolated on Gibraltar need multiple turns to ever attack Moscow.

Retreat both UK fleets. Why let them be attacked especially the home fleet where our losses would be more severe? We have our presence in the med. Yes, he can’t attack both simultaneously, but he just has to be able to overwhelm 1 with a 1-2 round attack and we can’t advance…
    Putting sub to convoy duty SZ 97 is ok, as we can trade subs for DDs at a bargain.

Why move SS to SZ 91? It will just get killed. Could leave to convoy, or bring back to SZ109 (even though home fleet is not there) if you think G will attack it. But I’m fine with G losing a DD (in a dwindling Baltic fleet) for a sub, so I would stay.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For Pacific,
    I like being strong in Kweichow. I would not have sent an art to Yunnan. Just 3 men + ftr. Hopei is a stretch anyway. Typically, I use the artillery to advance away from the Japanese strength, or (more often, as in this game) hold in reserve to prevent a Japanese buildup in Yunnan.

Java move was perfect. Its the only thing we can threaten right now and get good return.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

The British buy I disagree with. All those land units purchased don’t do anything right now.

Needs.
    Transports
    Take out Gibraltar
    Convoy Med with subs.
    Build up fighter command to combat Luftwaffe
    Lastly build up Middle East as it isn’t threatened now, but will help later…

buy 2 transports for Canada
    buy 1 sub for Med.
    buy 1 ftr

Attack Burma (good)
    Don’t need 3 transports on African coast.
    Send one in S. Africa to SZ70 pick up mech, goto SZ 83 and drop off. Extra attacker for Gibraltar
    Split the other 2 one by Egypt to threaten Med invasions and the other south. Although, I dont see what is gained by going to SZ72 with transport. Both could go to SZ81 and be just as effective.

Take Kenya with other mech (yep)
    Advance to Alexandria with troops (sure)

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

@surfer said in ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game:

US should activate Brazil. Extra money on a turn we aren’t doing much. Even if airbase is bought on Gibraltar, can’t get the lone transport.
    Send with just one art so numbers are even, and the 2 inf can fill new boats
    Then don’t need inf + art to fill the new boats (use 2 inf + 2 mech)
    7 bucks on sub and upgrade one ftr to tac.

Sounds good.

• @surfer said in ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game:

But this buy does not put pressure on Gibraltar (especially since the UK isn’t coming). Need 5 loaded transports next turn with 2 Canadians coming to sweep up the remainder. The US attack will likely fail, but have positive TUV, the Brits will destroy remaining units, and yea! The Luftwaffe is gone.

This is a misreading of the situation imo. He is leaving Gib this turn. Or he is pinned there. Either way, we win this theatre.

Yeah, Japan will rage…J4 takedown of India…But China is a threat, and we still have time to build up. Some of this Atlantic buy can go to Pacific once the threat of Gibraltar is neutralized.

This is his main reason for the shell game. I’ve got all the time in the world to take back Gib. He does not. He needs to grab India asap. Therefore we need pressure down there asap. I listen to 90 plus percent of your advice, but this is a trick I don’t want to fall for.

Yes, he can’t attack both simultaneously, but he just has to be able to overwhelm 1 with a 1-2 round attack and we can’t advance…

I can pull back, but if I leave it there, HE HAS TO LEAVE GIBRALTAR. His planes land far away from the Atlantic, the Brit 109 fleet goes to 92 next turn. Italy will not attack imo. Even still we hurt Italy badly, taking out all navy and most air force. Then france’s forces move in and the germans have to abandon Gib and suffer loss, maybe great, maybe small. the german air force will not be in any shape to oppose the atlantic fleets.

Why move SS to SZ 91?

sub is going to 97. just a way station.

• @crockett36 said in ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game:

But logistics in Africa demands full investment. I feel rather positive about pulling at Japan from 3 different directions.

The logistics in Af/me require foresight. I’m planning for Calcutta t4. That has to be done now or then will be too late.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m