Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• Sorry, the two italian figs should of course land in Greece, to be able to pressure Smolensk.

Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I must be missing something. You bought an airbase for Alexandria and then removed most land units?! I guess we can say thank you.

• Yes, it sucks, but it’s a bit of a desperado in the struggle to defend Gibraltar. Without the ab only 3 german fig may land in Gibraltar. With the ab it’s another fig and 2 tac.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ok. Moving on to Pacific.

ANZACs

1. Kill trans in SZ 44 with DD
      option) Try to take Celebes with 1 inf + 1 art vs 1 inf.
      Japan easily takes it back but now has to defend Java and Celebes if he doesn’t want to give up another island and transports

If we don’t try for Celebes, don’t need another transport to buy. Could buy 2 DD or 1 CV.

French…

• '22

fra03.tsvg

I preferred 2 DD

I would leave the French DD there to be able to go both to Calcutta to prevent a possible naval bombardment and to Cairo

• Des are a good buy for ANZAC, although I think sub and air are the primary units for them, with the occasional tr in order to threaten amphis. Buying carriers is a bit of a waste, something which US instead should take responsibility for. Aussie air on US carriers makes a pretty strong threat.

• Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

Game History

Round: 4

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans

Germans buy 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 8 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans

1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine

Germans take Ukraine from Russians

1 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine

1 infantry moved from Finland to 127 Sea Zone

1 infantry moved from Karelia to 127 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 127 Sea Zone to Archangel

6 infantry moved from Karelia to Novgorod

1 infantry moved from Vyborg to Novgorod

19 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus

5 artilleries moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus

2 infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus

1 mech_infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Baltic States to Western Ukraine

1 bomber moved from Greece to Novgorod

1 bomber moved from Greece to Novgorod

3 mech_infantrys moved from Poland to Belarus

3 armour moved from Romania to Belarus

1 tactical_bomber moved from Baltic States to Western Ukraine

Combat - Germans

Battle in Archangel

Battle in Novgorod

Germans attack with 2 bombers and 7 infantry

Russians defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 2 infantry

Germans roll dice for 2 bombers and 7 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 3/9 hits, 2,50 expected hits

Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits

2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Novgorod

Germans win, taking Archangel from Russians, taking Novgorod from Russians with 2 bombers and 7 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6

Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry

Battle in Western Ukraine

Germans attack with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers

Russians defend with 1 infantry

Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,83 expected hits

Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Western Ukraine

Germans win with 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0

Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry

Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry

Battle in Belarus

Germans attack with 3 armour, 5 artilleries, 21 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys

Russians defend with 1 infantry

Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 5 artilleries, 21 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in Belarus, round 2 : 9/33 hits, 8,17 expected hits

Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Belarus

Germans win, taking Belarus from Russians with 3 armour, 5 artilleries, 21 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans

1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Archangel

1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Archangel

5 armour and 13 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus

1 aaGun moved from Baltic States to Belarus

1 aaGun moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus

1 aaGun moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine

2 aaGuns moved from Germany to Western Germany

9 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland

1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Ukraine to Eastern Poland

2 bombers moved from Novgorod to Eastern Poland

1 aaGun moved from Karelia to Novgorod

2 submarines moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone

3 fighters moved from Greece to Gibraltar

1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Alexandria to Gibraltar

3 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Romania

1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans

2 fighters placed in Western Germany

2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany

2 infantry placed in France

2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany

2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans

Germans collect 48 PUs; end with 48 PUs

Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 53 PUs

Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 55 PUs

Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 60 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Russians regular : -0,33

Germans regular : 1,50

• Getting solid control over Leningrad, Archangel and Belarus. From the latter a serious invasion of Moscow is threatened with 19 mech, 10 tank, 1 fig, 2 tac, 2 sb. The problem for Russia is that blocking Smolensk will be costly, but it’s the only alternative from evacuating Bryansk.

Now the sub is no longer needed in z125. Would love to put it in the Atlantic to deny UK it’s NO, but consider it to be mostly wasteful at this moment. Keep it safe in z113 instead. The other 2 subs scurry down to z92 in order to help out with the defence of the italian tr.

Landing 4 fig, 2 tac in Gibraltar, counting on it to hold against an allied onslaught. It’s also a reason for building 2 fig in WG instead of only mechs and 1-2 inf. Also now preparing for the defence of the western front having 2 inf, 4 mech and a lot of air ready to strike.

Barbarossa still needs some love, so aim to send more mechs over there. Mechs are Germany’s golden unit (quote from @axis-dominion).

• Also, it might seen like a waste to go in with an expensive aa in Ukraine. They are mainly defensive units, but here they actually work on the offence. The point is that Russia will either have to use some more land units, including art, which will likely be dead next turn, or risk it’s valuable and hard to replace air-force.

With Germany having a greater income than Russia, attrition is benificial.

• Another point I should make, which I believe I’ve already mentioned, is that we can now see the advantage of taking the northern route over Belarus. If the german stack had moved south in order to secure control over Ukraine and the factory, Russia would have a much easier task of stacking Bryansk. Now with the threat on Moscow, staying in Bryansk should be rather difficult.

If Russia decides to stack Smolensk with enough to be safe against the italian can-opener of 1 tank, 2 fig, 1 sb, then Germany can easily crush it with it’s full force and stack in Smolensk instead. As long as the stack is strong enough to hold against a counter-attack, of course.

This would delay claiming Bryansk for one turn, but atleast to a likely big cost for Russia, so it’s still a win-win.

• '22

Indeed, the passage from the north of the German mass is always a problem for the Russians … after studying Putin’s defensive plan … ehm, Stalin.

• '22

I think a screen on Smolensk… with a tank, a bomber and two Italian fighters is too expensive.

On the other hand, retreating to Moscow before consolidating with the Allied fleet in the English Channel is just as bad

And Italy is still strong in the Mediterranean …

Time for hard choices…

I think the counterattack in Ukraine should be risked

• '22

rus4p.tsvg

CM and NCM proposal…

• '22

I would define it like this …

• '22

rus04.tsvg

finalized

• Tough for Russia to lose a fig.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@trulpen @Avner I would lose the tac vs. ftr. Need defense and prevent bombing.
    I would also leave men 20ish in Tambov and nothing in Samara. We cover more territory that way.

• '22

@surfer said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

@trulpen @Avner I would lose the tac vs. ftr. Need defense and prevent bombing.
    I would also leave men 20ish in Tambov and nothing in Samara. We cover more territory that way.

too late…

• No problem. You can change it if you want to.

• '22

rus04.tsvg

ok thx

modified

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m