New Dogfight and Air Superiortiy Rules

• Dog Fights
    When conducting combat, and two sides have aircraft, the aircraft conduct a dogfight in the opening fire stage of combat.  Apply normal fighter interception rules.  After wards, the planes conduct combat normally with the ground units.

Air Superiority
    When conducting combat, and only one side has fighters, the fighters may dive bomb on a role of 5 during the opening fire stage of combat.  After wards, the fighters conduct combat normally.

If a fighter has the option of either dog fighting or dive bombing, it may only chose one or the other.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Air Superiority
    When conducting combat, and only one side has fighters, the fighters may dive bomb on a role of 5 during the opening fire stage of combat.  After wards, the fighters conduct combat normally.

this would be an excellent use for a 2nd fighter sculpt, being a fighter bomber.  We’ve used this as a bonus for the US when the 2 sculpts when we don’t want to use one just for CV duty or the 101s from BOTB for fighters and stukas for fighter-bombing for Germany… 
    or new sculpts from FMG or AA42…

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Dog Fights
    When conducting combat, and two sides have aircraft, the aircraft conduct a dogfight in the opening fire stage of combat.  Apply normal fighter interception rules.  After wards, the planes conduct combat normally with the ground units.

i like this really has grown on me since getting in GC, i personally also like when applying this to other games, like AAP or AAE to allow fighters from adjacent zones to come in for defense duty after an attack is declared….

• LD, did I ever mention that I love the Ernest movies?  :-D

• Hey Vern?

• @Imperious:

Hey Vern?

OMG, Vern is my favorite character!

Actually, I haven’t seen the TV show Hey, Vern

I did see one episode of a hunting show for kids with Jim Varney playing the main character (believe it or not, he was a big hunting enthusiast and darn good with an ax), and Vern was in it.  Although Vern was kind of the screw up this time around…Not that it was really his fault, considering Jim Varney was wearing a giant turkey suit.  Still, you’d think it would be obvious to a human.  :-D

• dang, now i feel bad about changing pics…  know-what-i-mean?..

• No worries.  I’m sure he would understand.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Dog Fights
    When conducting combat, and two sides have aircraft, the aircraft conduct a dogfight in the opening fire stage of combat.

opening fire stage? maybe over water. But on ground??? naaah, have 'em duke it out until only one side has ftrs. No zoomie is going to do ground attack until the skies are clear.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m