For All Lovers of War movies, and war Games!!

• Ok Me and my friends love watching good war movies, and loving war games.This is to the people that played Risk and changed the rules 100 times made new units made cards and new maps, and dreamed of a game like AA50. And AA50 has done an amazing job of an awesome all around game but i want the few people like Krieghund and theres a few more of you on this site that need to pull together and make the few last adjustments to the game that need to be done… We all want to play the game with the offical rules but we know tech is broken as of now… so why are we waiting? lets put our heads together and fix it.should battleships have AA guns? should Heavy bombers be able to make such damage? these kind of things lets fix and get the game that AA50 was our dream game as kids when growing up… AA50 Is so close just a few things that people have addressed many times in these post that we need to work on. So please lets all work on this together. Thanks

• Larry just stated that AA50 is a limited ed, it will never be printet again, so why bother.

• @Adlertag:

Larry just stated that AA50 is a limited ed, it will never be printet again, so why bother.

That would be very sad.  Do you have an official link confirming this?  This means AAR will remain probably the official tournament version.

As for the original topic.  As said by other more experience players than me, I think more games and more time needs to pass before we change anything about the rules.  Lets adapt first and see if and what needs to be possibly changedbefore risking unbalancing the game.

• Is there an official link to this sad announcement?

Did the “stock market” on AA50 just go up?

Is it true that some countries are already running out of AA50, has Italy??

Thanks for any input!

• From Larry Harris own site:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=1792

“I can tell you this… if there is another print run it will not be anytime soon.
    A more accurate response would be - I don’t think so.”

Which is kind of strange, since AA50 is already way better than AAR. I’m playing AA50 in the software version,
    and people who prefer the f2f boardgame can print out ILs map and buy units separately.

There is a demand for a product and the company (wotc) won’t produce it even if it is profitable…  :roll:

• '11

It’s a shame that AA50 is only a limited run. I know that it has some faults, like any game, but I would much rather play it any time over A&A Revised. Hopefully Wizards will change their mind and go back to producing the game, as it is so very popular. But, I won’t hold my breath on it.  :cry:

• Tosses board in sink

Burns box

Tears up rule book

Goes back to AAR

• @Mr:

Tosses board in sink

Burns box

Tears up rule book

Goes back to AAR

I just sold one of my copies for $ 350 and I’m not a real american.

• Hey, look on the bright side, no more AA51 means that there will be a AA51.  it’s an ever evolving project (that being AA) and so there will be more installments.  If AA50 was the end all, how would they make more money off us?  So play it, change it, fix it, whatever, but be assured that as long as AA50 sells out, there will be a new version down the road to buy and complain about it’s weak points.  ie-Classic & Revised.

• i predict that a new version of Axis and Allies Europe will make its appearance late this year or early next year. Of course it will have Italy and most likely the mech infantry piece.

• @Imperious:

i predict that a new version of Axis and Allies Europe will make its appearance late this year or early next year. Of course it will have Italy and most likely the mech infantry piece.

If this is true, why dont WOTC tell us about it ?

Now I dont belive this before WOTC write it on their homepage.

Until then this is just a plain field-rumour, set up by someone that are very, very …imperious …?

• WOTC does not tell anybody about its products until basically the game is already out, then they deny all knowledge of the game and sweep it under the rug like an back alley abortion.

100% truth

AS far as AAE deluxe, Remember i have predicted both AA Bulge and AA Guadalcanal long before anybody else. AA50 was a surprise to me, because i figured it was gonna be much higher quality type of game and not something different.

AAE is broken for the most part and now we got Italy so its clear that the next game will elaborate on using the pieces from Italy and perhaps they get their own set of pieces this time.

I will stick to my prognostication.

• Try the movie SAHARA with Humphrey Bogart!

An ahistorical version of North African campaign, but a wonderful movie.

• or african queen or casablanca, both with humphrey bogart

• Ice cold in alex…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m