• Okay, this is IL’s PDF map that is designed to print at 6 x 3……i think.  (GJ BTW)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1n3yygqni

I’m a bit techtarded.  Can anyone tell me how to print this out on all 8x11 pages, so I can edit/paste etc.
    I’m tired of messing with it.  I’m gonna use up all my ink.  I have no idea why/where its printing what it does.  I’ve got all shapes and sizes of counties and still havent figured it out yet.  I’m just not sure what all the options/settings need to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thaks
    Machiavelli

• Well you if you own a real printer… a canon it will offer you the poster option for printing.

Look under control panel, printing preferences,poster printing, click specify, also click borderless,

click 11x17 paper size and you need to calculate if the option for landscape or portrait to maximize and not waste paper.

the map is 6x3, use landscape.

divided into 16 (which is 4 x 4 11x17 pages tiled together).

click print range all.

If that does not work let me know and if its something different then i need model number of your printer. At worst case you got to a real printer and a self print shop and make your copy. I hate to use the Kinko services but you may have too.

Trust me on this that you will be very happy with the final product.

• The biggest hurdle I’ve found to printing these off and putting them together is getting overlap on the pages. Without this it became difficult to cut off the edges of the paper and get everything aligned nicely.

My solution to this was to use MS Publisher with a .1 to .2 overlap. This gives you some room to align things up nicely.

Additionally, you can resize the map to any dimensions.

• Okay, I’m getting closer……I think.

I’ve got a real cheapo Canon.  I found all the settings that you mentioned, but it doesnt seem to like it when I click on borderless.  It wants to default back to “regular” instead of poster.  I tried to print anyway with everything else set like you said, but I got a HUGE product.  For some reason, it started Caucasus, over to half of China, encomping the Persia area…giant.  I’m probably doing something totally dumb; or my printer is too cheap.

Here’s a ss of how I had it set up.

Thanks
    M

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8020/aamapec7.jpg

• you got a conflict: you have two sizes 11x17 is what you need, but you got 11x8.5 for printer size. Both have to be the same size.

I have another option for you. When you see the map that shows what is being printed you can print each section individually if you go back to default.

So you start with upper left and print section by section of what is inside of view for print, by using the hand and moving the artwork into various positions. work left to right and of course you will need to refer to what was printed so you dont underlap the sections…so you may have excess to cut with cutter.

If your not sure goto Kinkos and they will show you how to do this on the self serve large format machine. Dont get discouraged.

• Hey IL, this is great stuff for all of us out here who want to print up those large maps.

I appreciate all the tips and your efforts to help all of us enjoy Axis & Allies even more than we already do!

Thanks!

• @Imperious:

you got a conflict: you have two sizes 11x17 is what you need, but you got 11x8.5 for printer size. Both have to be the same size.

I have another option for you. When you see the map that shows what is being printed you can print each section individually if you go back to default.

So you start with upper left and print section by section of what is inside of view for print, by using the hand and moving the artwork into various positions. work left to right and of course you will need to refer to what was printed so you dont underlap the sections…so you may have excess to cut with cutter.

If your not sure goto Kinkos and they will show you how to do this on the self serve large format machine. Dont get discouraged.

Okay thanks!  Option two is working for me, but I’ll just have to mess with it a bit. Ugh, I’m out of ink though now.  I’m gonna get some cardstock and print out the first few sections, just to see if this is going to work for me.  I’m afraid my cut/paste skills are probably subpar, as well.  We’ll see.  I was going to mount it to an piece of syrofoam insualtion board, but Ill have to see how it adheres.  I may need to mount directly onto something else first.  By the time this is over, it may have been more cost effective just to have had Kinkos print the darn thing!  Oh well, this project is SUPPOSED to be fun.

Anyway, we’ll see how it goes now.

Thanks for the help!!
    M

• perhaps i can make a file with crop marks so when you place the sections in the print window you minimize extra paper and ink that needs to be cut?

• That’s awfully nice.
    Actually, I think I can get it pretty close just by eyeballing it; where I dont have too much overlap.

I’m gonna pick up some ink and better paper later this week and give it a shot.  Ill let you know.

Thx
    M

• ok dont lose hope. Ill do what i can to make it easier.

• @Imperious:

ok dont lose hope. Ill do what i can to make it easier.

What a guy!  +1 Karma

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m