Map for 1941 axis strategy

• The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

And there’s your gaming language lesson of the day  :lol:

• And that’s your first karma +1  :-D Thanks!

• Cannot the russians let germany have Karaliea and just move the AA gun out and bomb it every round?

• Sure, but all that would do is not allow germany to build anything there. not that big of a loss. If the russians were to take it back they would need to repair it before they could use it

• Russia would need to build a bomber. If uk did that task its a waste for 2 points for one bomber which could be killing elsewhere.

• Maybe I’m reading the wrong map, but the one I’m looking at says Japan starts with 31 ipcs, allowing them lots of big fat builds in J1.  In the 1941 scenario, they only start with 17 ipcs.

• Wasn’t the crux of the argument that russia cannot defend 3 territories? So isn’t having the british nullify one of those territories for 4 damage per turn(putting it to -2, assuming the germans are reparing it) a great deal? If they don’t repair it then you used 1 turn of 1 bomber to remove the whole 3 places to defend issue.

• Maybe I’m reading the wrong map, but the one I’m looking at says Japan starts with 31 ipcs, allowing them lots of big fat builds in J1.  In the 1941 scenario, they only start with 17 ipcs.

yes typo.

I gave you the older file

http://www.mediafire.com/?jrfltrddwj2 if this is the same one as i gave you before let me know and ill find the edit

• bump.

• OK i won a tournament of 28 players going 4-0 playing Japan each time in 1941 with no NO or Tech

I have a new plan to modify my previous strategy for japan.

Well call it the Manchurian Candidate Strategy

Follow my Japanese strategy for all moves except:

We are assuming the Soviets place 3+ infantry in Buryatia. The more they put the better, but if they put less than three, then allocations of planes will be called off and they can go against the BB w/ destroyer as per my original strategy guide.

Builds: Build a factory in Manchuria

Transport in SZ62 picks up Iwo Jima INF+ Armor from Japan and lands in Buryatia, plus move up the 3 INf from Manchuria to Buryatia

Bring the Cruiser for Shore Bomb

The 3 inf in Kaingsu attack Suiyuan

Ignore the US Battleship, instead take the CV and 2 fighters, plus the Japan fighter to Buryatia so you now got 4 INF, 1 Tank, 3 fighters and 1 SB @3.

The Japanese BB in SZ61 kills the US fleet off Philippines.

The Caroline Islands: 2 inf and transport on east indies and 1 infantry and transport on Borneo

Perform all other moves as outlined.

The tank factory in Manchuria can easily clean up the partisan Chinese and the drive toward Russia.

The other idea is the transports are out of place because i set up the invasion on India on J2 with 4 transports which does not balance out the logistics for transports shucking off Japan. This strategy also makes it so you don’t have to worry about protecting the transports if the US player decided to go after japan.

After all your attacks you should have 32 IPC for J2

You buy 3 tanks, 1 transport and 2 men and artillery.

Also part of this is now you got 6 Infantry 1 Art, plus 6 fighters against India on J2. They will leave India and think that your stupid enough to land in force, but they will counter attack with 5 Infantry, 1 Art and 1 Fighter. Now here is the real trick:

You then take out Australia with all the India invasion fleet and the carrier planes take out the 2 British. ships trying to escape in SZ 40 from your fleet in SZ 39 .

You also take India ( because he vacated it). Then when he takes it back in force he wont be able to bring his fighter in and thats when you destroy him. This may take 1-2 turns, but each time he delays you just take another UK territory with your Indian ocean fleet ( Africa, Jordan, etc)

As soon as you got India, then comes the factory.

• Death or glory Hawaii with 2-3 inft 1 fighter, take out BB and DD/ tran and they cant retake it for a turns!takes US transports away from plus you could sink and fleet they sent out there in any of the first 2 or three turns. this could also bring about the loss odf midway and wake.

I would also think about building an IC in Manchuria in turn one to negate the loss of transports.

Not really cost effective at all but a way to make US put more boats in the Pacific.

• Well thats the new idea. I now prefer a Factory in Manchuria on turn 1.

The assault on Buryatia may even not go so well and thats why the 3 infantry from Kaingsu hitting the 1 Chinese infantry can retreat after a round to Manchuria. Also fighters can land to protect the factory.

IN order to do this you must leave the Hawaii alone and make the DD a “poison pill” which does 2 things:

1. blocks attacks on my transports

2. if US attacks the DD, my fleet is in range to counter.

• @AdamD021:

The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

Actually the term originated in the game Starcraft, when a developer wanted to write “owned” when he won a multiplayer game… but made a typo and instead typed pwned… and it stuck.

And on a similar note… the term “zerg” which means rushing one location with as many units as possible… comes from the starcraft race bearing the same name… where the openeing strategy was to bum rush “zerg” the enemy base with small expendable, fast built units hoping for a quick win.

:mrgreen:

• WoW just wow this is great, is there a similar map for the allies as im playing them tonight?

• no and the map needs an update.

I favor my new idea for Japan, a factory on Manchuria on J1 and leaving the US BB alone and instead not invading Philippines ( but you still move the BB in to kill the 2 ships) and you drop off a tank and man, plus the Cruiser for shore shot and the 2 planes with 3 infantry in Manchuria and Hit Buryatia. You will have 3 fighters for this, a CA BB, 1 tank and 4 Infantry. This will clean up about 6 or 7 Soviet Infantry and protect your factory.

The other idea is it does not force japan to make decisions early because if the US player decides to go after Japan, the japanese wont need more transports and can buy naval if necessary w/o worrying about protecting the transports.

lastly, since India falls on J2, if the UK player decides to evacuate it or leave one infantry in India, you actually take Australia and wipe out the 2 British ships with your fighters, and also tale India with light, then when UK hits it back with a larger force you strike it back with all your might and not have to deal with the UK fighter because UK just retook it.

I will update the file soon.

• I just have to say on the map: Beautiful! A work of art.  :-)

• @tarkonis:

@AdamD021:

The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

Actually the term originated in the game Starcraft, when a developer wanted to write “owned” when he won a multiplayer game… but made a typo and instead typed pwned… and it stuck.

And on a similar note… the term “zerg” which means rushing one location with as many units as possible… comes from the starcraft race bearing the same name… where the openeing strategy was to bum rush “zerg” the enemy base with small expendable, fast built units hoping for a quick win.

:mrgreen:

Dude, I love Star Craft!  I’m notorious for Zealot rushes! :-D

• I cant find this strategy on the link you provided.  Can you point me in the right direction :) Thanks

• Thanks mate!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m