• I am just curious at how many of us paid full price for AA50?

I pd $85.00 incl tax at the FLGS.

Is there any reason one has to pay $100.00; let’s don’t call this a

$100.00 game.

Who paid the least, incl shipping?

• Customizer

That all depends on how fast you want to get it, and given the season now ain’t the fastest time to get it online.

I bought my copy at the closest gaming store I could find that actually had it in stock.

Yup I paid the hundred bucks.

• @toblerone77:

…I bought my copy at the closest gaming store I could find that actually had it in stock.

Yup I paid the hundred bucks.

Ditto here.

• '22 '19 '18

I pre-ordered mine online from CGI Armory and got it for $69.99 with shipping it came to $81 and some change.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I paid $79.96, no tax, no shipping and handling.  But I know a game store owner in Florida so that gets me out of the tax because it’s another state, and he always gives me a discount of 20% and his store policy is no S&H charges on any order over $50.

• Yea, 100 bucks…i make myself feel better by telling myself i supported the local board game shoppe.

• $73.00 total at Chaos Mail Order.  Arrived in three days.

• None of you had to have it shipped to Norway. 80$ for the game, 50$ for the shipping and an additional 35$ in shipping. Anyone paid more than that?

• I paid the full retail price at my local gaming store. Why? Because if we don’t support places like that (with games going on at tables in back) there won’t be any more of them. I buy my WWII aircraft models at the local hobby shop too whenever possible for the same reason.

So I reserve the right to b*tch about my $100 game thank you. With special mention of the cheap-A$$ who decided to put 20 cents worth of plastic (instead of the maybe 25 cents worth we really need) inside all those fancy cardboard boxes (that we could do without.)

Hey… you might not have enough pieces/dice/chips to actually play the game but do just marvel at those matching printed boxes your reduced piece count comes in. IMO this is the epitome of penny wise/pound foolish.

I can easily come up something to hold units (I bought Guadalcanal too, 3 ziplock baggies - done.) But I can’t supplement units (ya know, because they won’t let you).

This crap where one nation gets 8 cruisers, one 6 and another 4 is total bs for a game that ok… “retails” for $100.

~ZP

• Customizer

@MP84:

Yea, 100 bucks…i make myself feel better by telling myself i supported the local board game shoppe.

LOL…actually That’s one reason I did. It does make me feel better. We used to have alot hobby/game shops around this area now there only like one that isn’t just a million baseball cards and like 10 copies of Risk.

• Customizer

@Zero:

I paid the full retail price at my local gaming store. Why? Because if we don’t support places like that (with games going on at tables in back) there won’t be any more of them. I buy my WWII aircraft models at the local hobby shop too whenever possible for the same reason.

So I reserve the right to b*tch about my $100 game thank you. With special mention of the cheap-A$$ who decided to put 20 cents worth of plastic (instead of the maybe 25 cents worth we really need) inside all those fancy cardboard boxes (that we could do without.)

Hey… you might not have enough pieces/dice/chips to actually play the game but do just marvel at those matching printed boxes your reduced piece count comes in. IMO this is the epitome of penny wise/pound foolish.

I can easily come up something to hold units (I bought Guadalcanal too, 3 ziplock baggies - done.) But I can’t supplement units (ya know, because they won’t let you).

This crap where one nation gets 8 cruisers, one 6 and another 4 is total bs for a game that ok… “retails” for $100.

~ZP

Oh hell yes my brother!!! Preach it!!! I stil love it though.

• i paid $115 AUS, including delivery. that was the cheapest i could find in the country, as no store near me stocked it

• I paid $90 (10% discount) at my FLGS.  Actually, the Axis and Allies club that I am in bought two “club” copies as well.  I think the store sold seven copies in all, which makes me happy because I want my FLGS to thrive and times are getting tough.

• @Constantinople:

Is there any reason one has to pay $100.00; let’s don’t call this a

$100.00 game.

Ok, but then we can’t call any other boardgame a $__ game, either.  Boardgames are almost always sold below the MSRP.  Tide of Iron, for example, is $80 dollars last time I checked.  I could find it for $55 online.  It’s still an $80 game though, those sites will put the price as “$55 (You save $25!)” or something, for selling it under the MSRP.

It’s good to refer based on MSRP as that keeps everything in proportion… if you started referring to AA50 as a $70 game because you bought it online, that would make an $80 like Tide of Iron sound more expensive than AA50, when in reality it is on average sold 20 bucks cheaper or so.  Why not, then, simply refer to all games as what you paid for them?  Well, there is no way to determine an “actual” price… stores usually sell at MSRP, the internet usually sells cheaper but with shipping, and even if you find a cheap no shipping site, not everyone can buy from one site (limited supply).  The MSRP is a solid way to establish how much you are paying for the game… if you are going to your local game store, expect to pay it.  If you are ordering online, expect a good 30% off, with possible shipping.

• FLGS?  What’s does this stand for?

Ok, but then we can’t call any other boardgame a $__ game, either.  Boardgames are almost always sold below the MSRP.  Tide of Iron, for example, is $80 dollars last time I checked.  I could find it for $55 online.  It’s still an $80 game though, those sites will put the price as “$55 (You save $25!)” or something, for selling it under the MSRP.

Wise words Rakeman.

• FLGS = Friendly Local Gaming Shop or sometimes Friendly Little Gaming Shop

• None of you had to have it shipped to Norway. 80$ for the game, 50$ for the shipping and an additional 35$ in shipping. Anyone paid more than that?

sniff-sniff  Do you smell that?  sniff    …It smells like someone got burned…ouch :-o

• '10

i paid $100 to purchase at midnight

• Hurrah, finally we got it on Monday in Holland too. We should have bought it at the local shops, but we pre-ordered in September at coolstuff already. Delivery took two weeks in the end (althought those f****s at Coolstuff said they shipped it at the 17th November, it was in fact done on the 25th).

We paid $ 69.95 + freight around $ 40.00. With the current dollar/euro rate that was about 76 euro. Which is still cheaper than they are priced over here in the shops: 90 - 100 euro’s.

Oh yeah, funny thing all the piececounts were correct apart from the USA we have +1 cruiser and -1 destroyer.  :wink:

• @Driel310:

Oh yeah, funny thing all the piececounts were correct apart from the USA we have +1 cruiser and -1 destroyer.  :wink:

Haha funny stuff. My soviet tray had +1 Destroyer and -1 Battleship

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m