AA50: Simplified China Rules

• Customizer

First off I love the new AA50 game with one exception. China has too many nation specific rules. I personally think china, as a minor power should have been given the KISS treatment. So with this in mind i am suggesting these be the only nation specific rules to be applied to china.

1. During the Mobilize units phase, China places 1 infantry in each territory it controled during it’s purchase units phase instead of collecting IPCs.
    2. China is still controled by the USA player, and must conduct combat seperately from the USA player as per AA50 Rulebook
    3. The fighter in China belongs to china. (Paint it light green)

This would mean that china could move outside itself. It also makes it a bigger threat to Japan which should slightly discourage JTDTM. In addition since china can only place 1 infantry per territory it makes china a more dynamic spread out front which would prevent Japan from simply walking in and taking over vacant Chinese territories. Japan would actually have to try to take china. Japan also would be unable to simply ignore china as ignoring china would result in china reinforcing its allies. I believe this will work quite well in the 41 scenario, however it may be too strong for the 42 scenario. Any thoughts?

• 1. During the Mobilize units phase, China places 1 infantry in each territory it controlled during it’s purchase units phase instead of collecting IPCs.
    2. China is still controlled by the USA player, and must conduct combat separately from the USA player as per AA50 Rulebook
    3. The fighter in China belongs to china. (Paint it light green)

but these are exactly the OOB rules.

Exception is China builds 1 infantry for 2 controlled territories, so you just doubled them. Other than that no differences except China in OOB can take the 2 Japanese territories and count them as theirs ( greater china), while Kwangtung is not in this category.

The difference is so negligible as to not really be a need except the acceleration of Chinese infantry.

• Customizer

Have you read the OOB rules? My rule set is much simpler and concise and eliminates several unnecessarily complex rules. instead of nine paragraphs my version would be three sentences. Not the same. For example, my method of calculating how many infantry to place is different one for each territory not simply one for every two territories giving china a badly needed defensive boost.  My way of placing infantry is also different. No longer would you have to remember not to place infantry in territories in which already have three infantry in them which makes no sense at all. By placing one infantry in each territory this complexity is eliminated with something that closer mimics the way other countries place units. using my rule set you would only be able to place one infantry in each of those one ipc Chinese territories. Not to mention the fact that i would not require Chinese infantry to be pinned up in china. My Rules allow for china to be treated like any other country except for their method of gaining units. In my version Chinese units could help defend Burma for example, they could also be loaded on a another nations transport (though that is always a slow process to execute). As you can see there are major differences. Read the your copy of the AA50 Rules IL and you will see that the two rule sets differ substantially. My House Rules are not the same as AA50’s rules.

• Lets just say the rules you posted 1,2,3 were basicially similar. AS far as the Chinese placement the idea was to prevent a wall type of atmosphere where the Chinese would stack all the pieces in choke points.

Historically they were quasi military forces which largely came from the various regions of China, and not organized in such a fashion to move around and conduct major campaigns because the logistics were primitive to say the least. Thats why China got passed over as a proper nation, because they were not modernized at all.

So to not include some notion of preventing stacking you can readily see what will happen.

The rule book on China is deliberately over explaining a simple concept. You just cant place new infantry in a territory unless it has lass than 3 infantry total.

The other rule is Chinese cant leave greater china, which includes the 2 Japan controlled territories and Kwangtung as well as original Chinese territories, and in the case of Kwangtung they don’t get money if they take it.

Thats it.  Its like 4 sentences at most the entire rules for China. If you just rewrite the rules i am sure anybody can get the page down to a few sentences.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m