I’ve found these additional rules here on the forum, can somebody tell me if these might work with spring 42?
From the future AA50He project.
Procedure: Same as AA50 except you assign your researcher to one of the following three categories: Land, Sea or Air. Further, you can only assign up to one researcher per category at a time. Germany and USA can assign up to two researchers per category. All other OOB rules are in effect.
Research & Development
In this phase, you may attempt to develop improved military technology. To do so, you buy researchers that give you a chance for a scientific breakthrough. Each researcher token will grant you one die that provides a chance for a breakthrough.
Research & Development Sequence
1. Buy researcher tokens
2. Roll research dice
3. Roll breakthrough die
4. Mark development
Step 1: Buy Researcher Tokens
Each researcher token costs 5 IPC’s. Buy as many as you wish, including none.
Step 2: Roll Research Dice
For each researcher you have, roll one die.
-Success: If you roll at least one “6”, you have successfully made a technological breakthrough. Discard all your researcher tokens and continue to step 3.
-Failure: If you do not roll a “6”, your research has failed. Keep all your researcher tokens and continue to the Purchase Units phase of the turn.
Step 3: Roll Breakthrough Die
If you rolled a “6” on any research die, choose one of the two breakthrough charts and roll a die to see which technological advance you get. You can only receive one advance each turn. If you have already received the same result on a previous turn, re-roll until you get a new technological advance. Once you have received all the advances on a chart, you cannot gain any more advances from that chart.
Step 4: Mark Development
If your research was successful, place one of your national control markers inside the appropriate advancement box on the research & development chart. Your development becomes effective immediately.
Any number of powers may develop the same technology, but powers cannot share their technology.
• War Bonds- add one die to IPC total each turn.
• Elite Armor- You can form elite armor forces by converting one tank each turn for 1 IPC or build one from scratch for 6 IPC attack at 4 and defend at 5, move 2
• Improved Flak Battery’s- AA guns fire at planes at 2.
• IC Repair- (one IPC allocated removes two points of damage)
• Underground factories- SBR hits count at ½ value rounded down.
• Heavy Artillery- Your artillery rolling a 1 can choose the land target on either attack or defense.
• ASW- your fighters and bombers can now negate the submarines first strike on the second round, plus perform ASW search and attacks. They can also attack subs without having a Destroyer or Cruiser present.
• Shipyards- subs, transports, destroyers cost one less IPC, all other ships cost two less IPC.
• Improved Carriers- if you pay 4 IPC per carrier they now take 2 hits, plus have a 3 fighter capacity. New Carriers of this type can also be created and they costing 4 IPC extra to purchase.
• Super Battleships- your existing battleships attack and defend at 5 and they always fire preemptively in combat each turn (loses removed before they fire back) for either attack or defense.
• Super subs- Your subs now defend at 2 and attack at 3.
• AA cruisers: your cruisers get an AA roll if any planes attack hitting at 1 prior to the first round of combat. Each plane is rolled and if hit is removed before shooting back.
• Radar- any fighters you have defending and not under attack can assist adjacent territories prior to the start of combat rolls.
• Long Rang Air- fighters and bombers now move 2 extra spaces.
• Heavy Bombers- roll one die= lost IPC, roll second die = damage to factories capacity to place new units.
• Rockets- Your antiaircraft guns are now rocket launchers. In addition to its normal combat function, during the strategic bombing raid step of your Conduct Combat phase each turn, each of your antiaircraft guns can make a single rocket attack against an enemy industrial complex within 3 spaces of it. This attack does 1d6 damage to that complex.
• Jet Fighters- The attack value of your fighters is now 4 and the defense is 5, also they don’t get rolled at by defending AA guns.
• Atomic Bomb- one bomber per turn can perform one SBR run where the damage is permanent reduction in capacity to place units. The first turn this can be developed is turn 7. Prerequisite: Heavy Bombers technology.
Procedure: allocate researcher to develop a tier #1 technology in any of three categories. Once you have developed a technology you can choose one of the two choices. If you elect to develop further research in the same category and succeed, you may then either elect to choose a Tier #2 technology or pick something from a LOWER tier technology.
Eventually, you can get to a tier #3 technology and chose any lower tech.
Spies: These cost 10 IPC each and can be assigned in secret to any specific enemy player’s technology category (land, sea or air). If that player decides to develop a technology in this category and it succeeds, the spy may be revealed and the spy gets to roll obtaining technology on a roll of 4-6. Note: the Soviet player is the only player that can send spies to his own allies and they cost 5 IPC.
Counter Spy: Each player may buy a super spy which can be used to eliminate the enemy spy but this is also assigned to a specific technology category (land, sea or air) to any technologies that can be developed.