• On page 12 under Non-Combat moves, is a subsection of Reinforcement:

Reinforcement
    During your enemy’s turn (your passive turn), after all combat moves are declared you may declare Reinforcements.
    This may not be performed during USSR player’s special opening turn.
    Land or naval units may move to adjacent friendly territories or adjacent friendly sea zones. Units that
    conducted combat this turn may not perform this.

Shouldn’t this be next to CAS in the Combat section as its worded?  If this was a regular NCM, it wouldn’t need its own subsection.  If correct, it would make sense that a land or sea reinforcement move can not take place if the territory the reinforcement units are moving from is also under attack.  I can see someone sacrificing a territory by moving all their units under attack to reinforce an adjacent territory.

As the attacker, I see the strategy of attacking a land or sea force that would be reinforcing similar to an air CA move against a DAS.  Maybe we can call it a DLS or DSS  :-)

• Shouldn’t this be next to CAS in the Combat section as its worded?  If this was a regular NCM, it wouldn’t need its own subsection.  If correct, it would make sense that a land or sea reinforcement move can not take place if the territory the reinforcement units are moving from is also under attack.  I can see someone sacrificing a territory by moving all their units under attack to reinforce an adjacent territory.

As the attacker, I see the strategy of attacking a land or sea force that would be reinforcing similar to an air CA move against a DAS.  Maybe we can call it a DLS or DSS

To explain how its supposed to work:

If the active player attacks your units and you have land forces in reserve, they can join the battle just before the attacker rolls out his land battle. Originally it was supposed to be a delay of one round ( you call reinforcements on 1st round and on second round they are available) but this does not make sence considering the size of one turn.

So its really like DAS during the combat phase, but its the defenders ability to react to the attacker on land. Its just called reinforcements because thats what they are.

I will have to rewrite it to make it more clear, its in the wrong section.

• oh no
    I did very misleading typo  :cry:

“after all combat moves are declared”
    should read
    “after all non-combat moves are declared”

only air units have the mobility to reinforced rapidly (before combat)

IL, recall land units’ ability to reinforce BEFORE combat led to legendary exploitation and complex rules after rules to fix

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m