My first game, a noobs mistakes, Lol.

• '19

Ok, so I’m playing a game of AE (or something like it in TripleA) with my first two fellow players.

I have to admit, I am hyped up, I’m just playing the USA/China. I didn’t read the rules before hand, and did my purchases as the USA of 2 inf, 1 bomber, one destroyer, and one carrier.

I tried to jump some german subs with all my continental aircraft, of 2 bombers + 2 fighters, but discovered that, yes, the rules had changed. Fortunately, my opponent was online, and graciously allowed me to reload the game and take my destroyer into the battle on attempt number 2.

The ‘Battle of the Atlantic’ ended with the German submarines & the US destroyer all sunk. Like an idiot, I landed only the two bombers in the UK, and both fighters landed in eastern canada.

I then intended to transport troops and stage them in eastern canada, and grabbed my infantry and what I thought was my artillery from Eastern USA, and dropped them up in Eastern Canada. I then realized that it was not my artillery I had moved, but my AA gun. OOOps!

In China, again not having read the rules, I took a chance to strike at the Japanese, and was successful in retaking fukien, but then I withdrew the Flying Tigers, and placed my new three chinese troops well back from the front.

The Remnants of the US Pacific fleet are preparing to transit the panama canal for rushing to help my allies in Europe, but my A1 builds didn’t include any transports, so what help I can offer is going to be limited initially.

After I played, and found out how to post my turn, I discovered an error message when trying to send the save game file, and so sent it manually to the others.

After doing all this, I then (sheepishly) went and started reading the rules, and discovered yet another new thing, that there are somethings called tech tokens, and when you buy them, you keep them and get a roll every turn, until you get a tech, and then you turn in all tokens.

I understand that tech rolls are now an optional rule, and so must first get word from my fellow players on whether or not we are playing with those rules in this particular game or not.

Anyway, that about covers my first turn playing community members online!

• @CrazyIvan welcome to on line gaming here. It will only get better; don’t worry. Enjoy playing.

• '19

Thanks! Having a great time, and learning, so…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m