• Hello,

I was hoping to get some advised here.  I would like to make/download have printed a custom map for aa 50th anny edition.  I love global but dont have the room just yet to play for the amount of time the game has to stay up.  My question is on the custom maps here that are downloadable can they be adjusted to any size?  I determined the biggest size that would fit on my dining room table would be 28 inches by 51 inches.  Can I go to a print shop have them down a map and print it in that size?

Also has anyone had a map that size custom made?

Thanks,
    Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

I suggest you look at the pinned forum for Tjoek’s A&A Anniversary OOB map file. There are several versions already available and more versions coming. You can download each png file and view them on your computer and decide which one is your favorite. They are very high resolution scans and can easily scale up to be 28 by 51 inches. My map is approximately 35 by 68 inches and looks great! You will find pictures of my map on page 6 of that forum. Nowhere Man had his printed at the normal 24 by 46 inch size on scrim vinyl, an outdoor banner material. It cost him about $60 I believe.

Here is the link to that forum with the file download locations. Feel free to read through the forum posts and you will find a wealth of information!  :-)

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41446.0

• If his dining room table is 28"x51" he’s best off just reprinting the map at OOB size of 24"x46"… if the map were centered on his table, he’d only have about two inches to spare on any side… not counting anything else,  like a place to roll dice, set down army trays, battle boards, etc, etc.

• @Nowhere:

If his dining room table is 28"x51" he’s best off just reprinting the map at OOB size of 24"x46"… if the map were centered on his table, he’d only have about two inches to spare on any side… not counting anything else,  like a place to roll dice, set down army trays, battle boards, etc, etc.

No No No you tear down the wall thats in the way and get a 4 x 8 map !  :-D

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@SS:

@Nowhere:

If his dining room table is 28"x51" he’s best off just reprinting the map at OOB size of 24"x46"… if the map were centered on his table, he’d only have about two inches to spare on any side… not counting anything else,  like a place to roll dice, set down army trays, battle boards, etc, etc.

No No No you tear down the wall thats in the way and get a 4 x 8 map !  :-D

He would still have the same table…  :-D

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@jeffcamis:

I determined the biggest size that would fit on my dining room table would be 28 inches by 51 inches.  Can I go to a print shop have them down a map and print it in that size?

You definitely can print the map I shared with the community (look at 2Huskies link) at this size.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m