• '17

If Japan air only attacks a lone US bomber in Amur, does that trip the Mongolians?

• “. Also, if Japan attacks any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory, all Mongolian territories that are still strict neutral or pro-Allies, or have joined the Allies as a result of a failed Japanese attack, are placed under the control of the Soviet Union at the end of Japan’s Conduct Combat phase”

I guess that means any Japanees units……so I suppose you do activate the Mongolians…

• Yes it will trigger Mongolia because you’re attacking the defense clause of USSR/Mongolia however was Japan at war with USSR because if not, US bomber shouldn’t be allowed on Soviet territory in the east.

• @Caesar:

Yes it will trigger Mongolia because you’re attacking the defense clause of USSR/Mongolia however was Japan at war with USSR because if not, US bomber shouldn’t be allowed on Soviet territory in the east.

Is it not S.O.P for Russia to DOW on Japan on R1?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Mr. Pain State; yes.

Its not about whose units attack, its who controls the territory you attack, and where it is (next to Mongolia, or it is Korea)

• @PainState:

@Caesar:

Yes it will trigger Mongolia because you’re attacking the defense clause of USSR/Mongolia however was Japan at war with USSR because if not, US bomber shouldn’t be allowed on Soviet territory in the east.

Is it not S.O.P for Russia to DOW on Japan on R1?

I don’t have problems with USSR declaring war on Japan on turn 1, the problem is that will usually hint to Japan that US is going to land something on their territory and that usually makes Japan go into USSR. I have played two games so far as Japan that I have invaded USSR before China fell only because USSR was stupid enough to not only declare war on me but also move their eastern forces right against Korea/Manchurian boarder so I spent two turns moving naval and air power with minimal army support and just pounded those stacks into the ground and by the time Mongolia entered the war, their support was minimal at best and only serve to block in China at best and because I know was moving in eastern USSR without anyone to stop me, Germany declared war and it made it easier for them.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Youre saying its a “tell” (indicates what your opponent intends to do) but how can it be, when you do it every game, no matter what your Allied plan is?

If Japan enters the USSR without killing those 20 pieces, awesome, now they have 26 new problems on a front pointing away from the real war.

• @taamvan:

Youre saying its a “tell” (indicates what your opponent intends to do) but how can it be, when you do it every game, no matter what your Allied plan is?

If Japan enters the USSR without killing those 20 pieces, awesome, now they have 26 new problems on a front pointing away from the real war.

Good point.

Russia on R1 should pull all their troops west for one turn. DO NOT LET JAPAN attack your Eastern Front in Amur. Russia just needs to keep presenting a threat on Manchuria. At some point, as the Russian player you have to decide when to really attack them, usually R6-8.

Stacking Amur on R1 sometimes has the effect of Japan going J1 on the Russians and totally destroying all Russians East of Moscow. This is usually no bueno for the Allies.

** Side Note **

I have never scene the Axis lose when Russia stacks Amur and Japan goes J1 on Russia and kills off all Russians east of Moscow.

• Usually when I am USSR, I either move those troops enough to protect Mongolia but not threaten Japan. My friend however likes to use them to recapture Manchuria, I guess he really wants Port Authur back.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

The Russians want German Tsingtao Beer from those Military-Industrial Breweries.

• He thinks China is the real killer for Japan and it can be however I don’t like the idea of using USSR to keep China alive because of how fragile USSR will be against Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m