• ahh… I see…
    U need to control the Phillies and Brazil?
    And the bonus i paid out every round right?

• No, sorry if I misspoke. In the normal global game the US gets the 30 ipc bonus the turn you go to war (in the collect income phase). To get the 30 ipc bonus you just need to be at war and control Eastern US, Central US, and Western US (pretty easy money), you don’t have to control the Philippines, or Brazil to get it.  The US starts off with control of Philippines, so those 2 ipc’s are included in the 52 ipc base pay for the US. (52+30=82 ipc’s US collects when at war). If the US loses control of the Philippines (as it normally does when Japan attacks) the US just deducts the 2 ipc’s from its base pay (so 50+30=80 in that case). The US can also take control of Brazil (pro allied neutral) to collect another 2 ipc’s per turn once US is at war. It can also claim the 3 infantry on Brazil for free (they are printed on the map). You just need to move a US ground unit to Brazil in the US non combat phase by transport to claim both the 2 ipc’s and the 3 free inf (you just place 3 us inf in their place).

The link I gave you at the bottom of my 1st post takes you to a new set-up and rules that is probably going to replace the current rules at some point (but it isn’t official yet). Sorry if this confused you.

• @chrillenilsson:

Hey there,

just one quick question here… Me and my boys were playing the Global Map yesterday, and I was thinking about United States IPC´s.
    If US is at war with Japan they will recieve 30 IPC bonus… That is correct right?!
    BUT… Does that mean that they will receive 82 IPC total considering that their starting IPC is 52?

Is this correct?

regards

To simplify … Yes, the 30 IPC’s is a bonus in addition to your base IPC collection (So if you are at 52, you get 52 + 30).

And yes, you get that +30 added to your base IPC’s for the rest of the game, each and every turn.

• So I did a mistake by attacking US in the first round with Japan… :)

• Oh yea.  That’s a killer for Japan.  It doesn’t make enough to compete with the US until it take over China (or most of it) and the Islands down south.

• yepp… I figured :)
    The islands in the south are key I guess…

• @chrillenilsson:

yepp… I figured :)
    The islands in the south are key I guess…

Having control of the Pacific, especially those Islands, and China is pretty much required for Japan to compete if the US is spending their income in the Pacific.  If they are spending it in the Atlantic, by attacking them round one, you bring all kinds of heck down on the Euro-axis with that bonus.

• I notice that the axis tends to attack netural’s a lot which allows the USA to take over all of South America. Which boosts their income even more.  If the USA is played right in the normal game they can get over 100 IPC per turn rather easily.

• I never saw any player ever taking over a neutral power. Not in global, pacific or Europe.

• I have seen the axis hit turkey to open up that water strait.  Sometimes the axis feels that it needs to do it. Now that said I have never seen an allied player hit one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m