• '14

I know it was probably covered but when London falls and US is still not at war, it says they can declare war on any or all the Axis. Does this come at the collect income phase or can they begin combat operations immediately upon the turn following London falling?

• @Larry:

I know it was probably covered but when London falls and US is still not at war, it says they can declare war on any or all the Axis. Does this come at the collect income phase or can they begin combat operations immediately upon the turn following London falling?

If London falls their normal DoW restrictions are removed and they can declare war at the beginning of their conduct combat phase.

• '14

Thanks!

• Customizer

I have an interesting dilema regarding USA DOW.  Here’s my situation:
    During the first 2 rounds, USA has staged a large fleet off of Queensland (SZ 54).  UK and ANZAC are NOT yet at war with Japan.  On G3, Germany takes London, which allows USA to declare war on all Axis.  Knowing this, on J3, Japan takes advantage and takes Hawaii.

Now, on USA 3, the USA does declare war on the Axis.  If Japan did not attack UK or ANZAC on J3, can the USA use the Naval Base on Queensland to get back to Hawaii?  I am thinking that while ANZAC is not yet at war with Japan, since the USA declared war on ALL Axis, and the UK and ANZAC are at war with Germany and Italy, this makes ANZAC an ally to USA and therefore the USA can use the ANZAC naval base.  Is this correct?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I believe the rules state you cannot use an ally’s facilities until that ally and yourself are at war.  At least, I believe that’s how Krieg ruled about America using the NB in Queensland before (cannot use it because US is not at war, even if ANZAC is…the reverse should still be true, ANZAC not at war, US is, still cannot use it.)

• Customizer

Thanks for responding so quickly Jennifer.  Actually, ANZAC is at war with Germany and Italy at the beginning of the game and USA just declared war on ALL Axis.  So, both powers are at war and should be considered Allies, even though ANZAC is not yet at war with Japan.  I know it’s a technicality and probably a very grey area, but I talked it over with my gaming buddies and while we all agree that it’s kind of an odd loophole, we think it is a legal move.  So, that’s what we are going with.  Thanks anyway.  Really appreciate your advice and quick answers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m