• 2007 AAR League

I’ve seen that it’s on PBS all the time but I never get around to watching it.
    Maybe I will now that you say it’s good :-)

• best record it. the DVD set is $150.00. Its not very good. I like the BBC thing that they made 2 years ago.

• And it does present only the American side of things as well, so even though I watched it, it still didn’t feel right.  By that I mean, WWII started Sept. 1, 1939, not Dec. 7/8, 1941.  Sorry guys.

• @General_D.Fox:

And it does present only the American side of things as well, so even though I watched it, it still didn’t feel right.  By that I mean, WWII started Sept. 1, 1939, not Dec. 7/8, 1941.  Sorry guys.

America was in the war since the begging. WHo do you think could supply all those white flags for France? IT was a ginormous task. lol but  havn’t seen it.

• 2007 AAR League

the americans were sinking german uboats in 1940, thats a fact jack.  also our policy was very much in favor of stopping japan well before 1941.  and we helped the brits out enormously during 1940.

but once again, there is a lot of politics in “the war”.  it seems now-a-days we cant get out of politics with anything.  latino’s threatened boycotts of pbs unless the creator put in latino views which skew the viewers perception of just how much the latino’s fought and contributed to the war effort.  about all they did was come up here and help grow food.

• @balungaloaf:

but once again, there is a lot of politics in “the war”.  it seems now-a-days we cant get out of politics with anything.  latino’s threatened boycotts of pbs unless the creator put in latino views which skew the viewers perception of just how much the latino’s fought and contributed to the war effort.  about all they did was come up here and help grow food.

wtf that makes no sense?

• 2007 AAR League

what do you not get?

the part about latino’s complaining that they should be shown to have really contributed, when their contribution was below minimal, or you dont get that there is modern politics in this documentary?

• @balungaloaf:

what do you not get?

the part about latino’s complaining that they should be shown to have really contributed, when their contribution was below minimal, or you dont get that there is modern politics in this documentary?

the fact they would listen to a bunch of crazy mexicans could infulence PBS that much.

PS> blacks were sergreated in the war. How the hell would the 50 mexicans that live in america than of been that much of a contribution?

• 2007 AAR League

its the bane of liberal PC.  even if the mexicans didnt really contribute that much, due to PC, we need to have revisionist history to make the mexicans happy.  its called selling out.  its what one party does best.

• I have recorded the every episode and have watched the first two episodes. I find it to be very interesting and very well done. It tells the WW2 story from the bottom up and not from the top down like most WW2 documentaries. I like how it tells the stories through normal people’s experiences. I don’t see how you could say it was “not very good”. Compared to what? All the rest of the crap on televison with no value.

• even if the mexicans didnt really contribute that much, due to PC, we need to have revisionist history to make the mexicans happy.

LOL! spot on but  its better to just leave it as American contribution and leave out the race BS. 85% of those who fought as US GI were Anglos anyway why even bother to mention the others? Vietnam was another story.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m