AAE Scenario: Europe 1939 (France, USA, Germany, Britain, USSR, Italy)

• Great! I’ve made a few things like this up with the 1939 senario before and always had fun with it. The games delayed for a while, US/Britash guy (chris) is going outa town for a few days.
    The only bad thing is the jap counters, just looks weird on the europe map.

Speaking of wierd pieces, has anyone else noticed that the german fighter is a stuka dive bomber  :? I don’t under stand why they didn’t use a Fock Wulf or Bf/Me 109? wth

• I hope I get some other people to play these rules. Any suggestions on where to put them up so that a large number of A&A fans will know where to find them?

And yeah, the Stuka isn’t exactly the pinnacle of German aircraft development, but you must understand that early on in the war, the Stuka was feared for its powerful ground support capabilities, and thus is generally more memorable to us, its victims, than say the rather generic-looking BF-109. Really, it’s mostly about the recognition factor - will players of Axis and Allies generally recognize this piece as distinctively German?

Also, if you ask me, the Stuka and the Russian Sturmovik are the two aircraft they got right. Yes, the P-38 and the Spitfire were crucial to the Americans and British, but neither of them served in a ground-support role primarily, especially the Spitfire. A better choice might have been the Mosquito or the Hawker Hurricane.

• To me, the fighters should be a fighter. this is how I would have done it.
    America: p-38 or p51 mustang
    Germany: Bf109 or Me109
    UK: Spitfire or Hurricane
    SU: I don’t know Soviet aircraft
    Japan: Zeke
    I also would have the german tanks be panzer IVs not panthers. There wernt nearly as many panthers as there was IVs produced.

• just a suggestion, bt have you thought about making the northern american convoy under british control during peactimes? then have a rule if germany attacks that convoy america is brought to the war. maybe if the canadian one is held in german hands for a certian number of turns. that’s because american goods would be traveling though that convoy too.

• I made up a rule that amerca was only alowed to produce fighters and send them over to britan at which time they would turn into british fighters. The Eagle Squadren.

• @ cyan: We could have done something like that, but we felt that things are already tough enough for the German player without the chance that it might end up fighting every single Ally at once. Besides, I don’t know if you know this, but German subs were actually fighting and sinking American Merchant Marine carrying supplies for Britain and Russian far before the USA got into the war. Roosevelt was doing practically everything possible to aid his European friends except actually declaring war on Hitler, because that would have been shot down by Congress and the American public in general. America needed something really bad and personal, something like December 7, 1941, to actually spur them to action.

As it is, if there are any balance issues with the Scenario as it is I am afraid they may lie with the Allies being to powerful rather than too weak.

• The game has restarted, and, well, I think I lost  :| North Africa and the med. islands are gone, but I’m holding onto the mid east, but not for long. He’s probly going to invade greece or Italy, then norway/finland, then france……shoot!  :x Hes having britan just sit around and stratigically bomb and it’s navy completely blockading me, while the US is storming into N Africa. I held him off at tunis for 16 turns!  :-o We duked it out back n forth, but in the end the US was able to slowly but surly put more troops in than me. The battle of tunis was the battle thata is probly going to make me lose WWII!

• quit and restart the game. I hate when the axis lose. Arrg!

• I would, but my friends want to see me get wuoped even without the USSR  :cry: . Soo to make the game end quicly, I’m going to launch Operation RETREAT!!!  or Total lose…  :-o oh! Operation Implosion is what I’m going to call it. I’ll declare war on uber 6trillion inf, 60t, 40billion artilery, with $600 stored (exaderation by only alittle) Soviets and then I’ll go back in time 10yrs to 1939.

• @Gewehr:

I would, but my friends want to see me get wuoped even without the USSR  :cry: . Soo to make the game end quicly, I’m going to launch Operation RETREAT!!!  or Total lose…  :-o oh! Operation Implosion is what I’m going to call it. I’ll declare war on uber 6trillion inf, 60t, 40billion artilery, with $600 stored (exaderation by only alittle) Soviets and then I’ll go back in time 10yrs to 1939.

maybe japan can help you.  :lol:  ther is no way you can launch operation gambling sea lion?

• Well, it’s over….that fast, the Su took iraq, seria, palistine, romania, bulgaria, finland, hungary and poland in 1 turn! 2nd turn, chz, austria, norway, greece, yugo, eygypt, jordan, and cut germanys defenses in 1/2…We decide to quit after that.  :cry:

Great senario though, great job, I coped the rules and everything so I can play it any time I want.  :mrgreen:

Hey, does anyone here on the forums want to try this senario out and face me as Germany/Italy, or if someone else could be Italy and me Germany?  :evil:

• @Gewehr:

Well, it’s over….that fast, the Su took iraq, seria, palistine, romania, bulgaria, finland, hungary and poland in 1 turn! 2nd turn, chz, austria, norway, greece, yugo, eygypt, jordan, and cut germanys defenses in 1/2…We decide to quit after that.  :cry:

Great senario though, great job, I coped the rules and everything so I can play it any time I want.  :mrgreen:

Hey, does anyone here on the forums want to try this senario out and face me as Germany/Italy, or if someone else could be Italy and me Germany?  :evil:

okay i’ll be italy but only if we can play on the forum.( no triplea or anything like that. i just read all the rules. who will we play are they on the forum?

• Well then, now we need a british, French/U.S., and Soviet Union player or if someone wants to play as them all.
    And yes by the forums, I’ve never done it before so I might need some help at first.

• Is it alright if we played my finnish-russo war idea.
    What it is is vyborg is controled be germany in the begining and for 3 turns the Soviet union, still on 1/2 ICPs, dukes it out with finland. germany can place 1 free inf. in finland or vyborg each turn. When the 3 turns are up, the free inf. are stopted and that “mini” war is over.
    This gives a scenario that germany can automatically control vyborg or if lucky enough even kalria, and the SU can take over finland completely.

• yea let the Germans have it ( well make the the finns actually)

• @Gewehr:

Is it alright if we played my finnish-russo war idea.
    What it is is vyborg is controled be germany in the begining and for 3 turns the Soviet union, still on 1/2 ICPs, dukes it out with finland. germany can place 1 free inf. in finland or vyborg each turn. When the 3 turns are up, the free inf. are stopted and that “mini” war is over.
    This gives a scenario that germany can automatically control vyborg or if lucky enough even kalria, and the SU can take over finland completely.

i think finland should be consiidered a light pink terrotry. it has to be attacked to be under soveit control. finland went to war with both countries.  and wasn’t allied in 1939.

edit: consider vybrog finnish. that way they can produce an infantry per turn in finland. germany contols finland and vybrog.(handles their incomes separate and stuff) could produce 8 ipcs if very lucky.

• @cyan:

@Gewehr:

Well, it’s over….that fast, the Su took iraq, seria, palistine, romania, bulgaria, finland, hungary and poland in 1 turn! 2nd turn, chz, austria, norway, greece, yugo, eygypt, jordan, and cut germanys defenses in 1/2…We decide to quit after that.  :cry:

okay i’ll be italy but only if we can play on the forum.( no triplea or anything like that. i just read all the rules. who will we play are they on the forum?

i’m in the touurny so if this game is not finished by september 1st can we put it on pause or let you handle my country?(thats what germany did at the end of the war anyway)

• Yea, sure, I’ll asume military conrol  :evil:
    That is if we can get atleast one more or more players for the Allies….hint  :wink: hint everyone…

• I will play as the allies one or more of them. Never played by forum but willing to try.

• Neather have I.  :|

Umm, when I was setting the game up….something poped up in me head. Minor allies to the UK don’t have an IC for their own, now what happens if like out of a major stroke of luck, poland, baltics, and bes.(who are at war with the SU as well) takes a teritory from the SU, what happens to that IC?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m