• Hi All.

I was hoping someone could clear up the confusion that is caused by the instruction manual.  The unit storage box and the manual indicate the Americans get 17 IPCs.  However, the manual also states that the American’s wartime economy causes their IPCs to go from 10 to 50.  Why the discrepancy of 10 vs. 17?

• @namicus:

Hi All.

I was hoping someone could clear up the confusion that is caused by the instruction manual.  The unit storage box and the manual indicate the Americans get 17 IPCs.  However, the manual also states that the American’s wartime economy causes their IPCs to go from 10 to 50.  Why the discrepancy of 10 vs. 17?

the manuals refers only to IPCs generated by West US.  Add other territories accordingly.

• I see.  So if the Americans are not attacked until they get their wartime economy on turn 3, they would receive 57 IPCs?

• @namicus:

I see.  So if the Americans are not attacked until they get their wartime economy on turn 3, they would receive 57 IPCs?

Correct, at the end of US3, in the collect income phase, they would receive an additional 40 IPCs from West US in addition to whatever else they were earning that round from territories and national objectives (which I believe is more than 57 due to the NO for the Phillippines)

• Japan would probably capture Philippines on J3.

• @Imperious:

Japan would probably capture Philippines on J3.

Didn’t say they wouldn’t, and even if Japan didn’t they’d probably be attacking convoys on US3 as well, as the US would declare war that income phase regardless.  The OP framed the question such that if Japan had NOT yet started a war, (which would mean the Philippines still in US hands) then the US would receive 17+40 due to war declared that phase PLUS the 5 for the NO of the philippines because Japan had not yet been aggressive.

It’s a somewhat unlikely scenario, but that was what was being asked.

• That’s great.  Thank you for clearing that up.

• @Craig:

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of confusion on this topic.

Assuming Japan does nothing to the US before the Collect Income Phase of Turn 3, the US would collect 57 IPCs.

They have 17 IPCs at the beginning of the game. The Western US territory changes its value from 10 IPCs to 50 IPCs (a 40 IPCs difference). Which means that their income increases by 40 IPCs.

That is where the 57 IPCs number comes from.

and now you make it even more confusing since you forgot the 5 IPC NO from Phillipines.

• OK “quick” question: does the US earn the NO while neutral?

• @allboxcars:

OK “quick” question: does the US earn the NO while neutral?

yes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m