• Banned

SLEEPING BEAR IMPROVEMENTS
    In our house rule version of the game I have introduced a different take on the Sleeping Bear rolls. Some rules were tweaked and changed by us to streamline and simplify as well. It has been tested and works very well.

RULES
    Due to the Russian civil war, USSR starts the game without money in the bank. 0 cash and 0 Production. Place a land unit of your choice on the production chart which is lend lease to the Spanish Republicans.

Sleeping Bear stage 1: Starting July 1936, USSR’s income increases by +D6 each turn at
    the start of the Production Phase. If the USSR declares war on a Major Power
    before reaching wartime income it does not immediately go to full income but
    continues Sleeping Bear rolls until it reaches full Income.
    +D6 per turn
    Sleeping Bear stage 2: Starting July 1939 and repalces stage 1: Sleeping Bear rolls switch from D6 to D12. +D12 per turn
    USSR is Attacked by Major Power Full income
    USSR does not receive income from captured land zones until sleeping Bear rolls end reaching home country IPP value in income.

Sphere of Influence Neutral Minor Powers adjacent to Soviet Home Country. Within this
    sphere, USSR can attack without further consequences from other
    Major Powers. This is true even if the Minor Power has previously aligned with another Major Power (e.g. Poland and Turkey).

Income Related Abilities for USSR
    13 IPP May research technology
    25 IPP May Attack other nations
    46 IPP May collect income from (non Home Country) possessed land zones

Axis captures/Aligns new land zone adjacent to USSR Home Country. +D12 (each
    time) (unchanged)

USSR is Attacked by Major Power: Full income (unchanged)

• @delaja I like this idea too especially in a 2 player situation it might balance it out a little better for the axis

• @delaja the abbysinnans would be doomed though

• Banned

@linkler
    In our house rule version we solved that.

Abyssinia
    Although the conflict ends when one side Possesses Abyssinia and Eritrea, Italy and France (or Free French) may continue to attack each other in Abyssinia and Eritrea for the duration of the game.

Italy and Abyssinia fight using normal rules. Abyssinian forces can Attack Italy in Eritrea. Other nations may not intervene without a declaration of war. Both sides begin at war (no income increases are triggered). Other nations may lend-lease to Abyssinia if a route is available and if they are allowed to.

Abyssinians do not collect or spend income during the conflict. They make a recruitment die roll (D12) during the Place Units & Collect Income phase. If they roll “1”, they get to place 1 Infantry or 2 Militia.

Italian victory: Victory Objective for Axis.
    Abyssinian victory: If Abyssinians win, Abyssinia Aligns with France as soon as France is at war with a Major Power. If France is subsequently defeated, Abyssinia turns Free French.

• Banned

With these rules the Abyssinian theater remains interesting for the rest of the game. It gives the Italian and French player something to do. Dilemma for France: invest in France or lend lease to Abyssinia. The recruitment roll helps to possibly boost Abyssinia in some games as well. USSR has the option to lend lease starting turn 2.
    We tested these and they work.

• @delaja about the 0 ipp in jul 1939. isn’t it a bit historicall inaccurate considering there was no opposition to the stalinist rule since 1929?
    just my 2 ipcs

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I’m not sure on this one overall for me.

The rule about getting to attack any territory that borders Home Country without repercussion especially. This gives the USSR practically zero incentive to ever sign the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, does it not? The only things they would miss on are the IPP’s and tech roll sent to them. But nothing would stop from from attacking minors around them now. Not to mention they’d obviously go and take out Romania ASAP to alleviate the future German threat. Same with Finland, they can get 2/3 of the territories right away and essentially eliminate any threat there. The tech rolls and IPP from the pact won’t even be missed. With your rule of +D6 IPP each round starting the game, they will more than make up for the missed income from doing that. I’m not saying the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact is essential to the game necessarily, but this to me almost wipes out any possibility of it happening.

Out of curiosity too, what would that mean for Iran and Turkey? Do they go to war now with the USSR as controlled minor powers with the remainder of their territories? Or is this kind of like the border clash rules with the USSR and Japan? It sounds like the wouldn’t become become Axis/Allied controlled either?

It just sounds to me like this heavily powers the USSR in some ways, but I’d be curious to hear more!

• Banned

• @delaja Thanks! I didn’t know that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m