L20 Surfer (L+34) v. AndrewAAGamer (X) G40 2nd Ed. OOB

• @surfer
    So I am not sure why I did not see the sub as a possible casualty for the Italian subs on round 1 so you should have one more CA instead of the sub on defense. Since the sub rolled a 4 it is not a hit anyway. I did take the UK sub as a casualty this time for the Italian sub hit.

Still 2 hits to be applied by planes and the CA has not gone yet. Remaining Allied units are CV hit, BB hit, DD, CA, 2 Ftr. OOL please?

• @surfer
    Scratch that. The cruiser HAS fired. Need 2 hits total OOL.

• @surfer
    Remaining units - before Allied counter fire - is SS, CA, 3 Ftr, Bmb

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ahh - I know why I did not see the UK sub. The first two sub hits were on CV hit and BB hit. Then the planes hit and the sub could not be seen and finally the cruiser missed so the sub could not be taken as a casualty. Interesting. Either way does not matter because the SS/CA misses with a 4 but taking your OOL literally the sub should have survived the way the rolls went. Might want to consider that for future battles the way TripleA does it.

• @AndrewAAGamer DD + CA

• @surfer
    3 hits. CV hit, BB hit and 2 fighters remain on defense. 3 fighters and bomber still on offense.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Keep bb last

• @surfer Sorry. Lucky dice. 15% result. I was just trying to strafe to weaken you since my ships were all going to die anyway on the cheap. Never expected to win.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 2 armour and 1 fighter; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            3 fighters moved from Western Germany to 96 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 4 submarines moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Ukraine to 96 Sea Zone

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 1 cruiser, 3 fighters and 4 submarines
                British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 transport; Americans defend with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 2 transports
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 4 submarines in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber and 3 fighters in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 cruiser in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 3 transports in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British, 1 cruiser owned by the British and 3 submarines owned by the Italians lost in 96 Sea Zone
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 1 cruiser and 3 fighters in 96 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/5 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 3 transports in 96 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/6 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the British, 1 cruiser owned by the Italians, 1 submarine owned by the British and 1 submarine owned by the Italians lost in 96 Sea Zone
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber and 3 fighters in 96 Sea Zone, round 4 : 3/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 fighters and 3 transports in 96 Sea Zone, round 4 : 3/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    1 carrier owned by the Americans, 3 fighters owned by the Italians and 2 fighters owned by the British lost in 96 Sea Zone
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber in 96 Sea Zone, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship and 3 transports in 96 Sea Zone, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 battleship owned by the British lost in 96 Sea Zone
                    1 transport owned by the British and 2 transports owned by the Americans lost in 96 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 57
                Casualties for Italians: 1 cruiser, 3 fighters and 4 submarines
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                Casualties for Americans: 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 2 transports

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 bomber moved from 96 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Poland
            1 mech_infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Northern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany

Place Units - Italians
            1 fighter placed in Southern Italy
            2 armour placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 14 PUs; end with 14 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

British : -2.50
    Italians : 1.17

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Good game. You don’t win if you don’t try. This game has been over since J4. I never had a response for the Japanese, and haven’t played OOB for years. I feel that since there are no NOs for the allies in Europe that are easy, so I should have abandoned it and fought the Japanese.

Besides I’m more interested in trying the new Path to Victory version.
    Interested?

• @surfer said in L20 Surfer (L+34) v. AndrewAAGamer (X) G40 2nd Ed. OOB:

Besides I’m more interested in trying the new Path to Victory version.
    Interested?

Yes I am. Especially if it replaces BM3 eventually. Happy to play a game! Since neither one of us has any experience we can do it in or out of League. Either is fine by me. I guess no bid since we do not know that either? Want to just flip a coin and pick sides?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thank you for the game! Personally I thought you were doing very well till you lost your fleet off Norway. Then the disaster in the Med was a killer.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Awesome! I flipped a coin and got Allies–Hey, I like a challenge. I created a new game at
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35335/l20-ptv-first-game-surfer-l-vs-andrewaagamer-x

I see no reason to bid either since the playtesting was supposed to fix that. I guess we’ll have to follow the PTV thread to make sure we aren’t surprised by the rules. One clarification I saw was that the NO for Germany about Caucasus needs to be stated as “Southern Caucasus” to get the bonus. I’m sure we’ll find others. Very curious to see how the island hopping and CV scramble rules change the Pacific.

Good luck. I await your first move.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m